USB Passthrough issue, Runyan direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustiangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga, TN, USA
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am now having trouble with the passthrough for my 901, I ordered it from Ruyan direct, and have emailed them about this... but... I used the passthrough for 2 days without incident, I then began having trouble with it the 3rd day, at first it would automatically turn on when you connected it to the usb port, heat, and then flash(safety), then i could hit the button and would stay on until it flashed, regardless of if i actually held the button down... the next day it worked fine, the problem seemed to have dissapeared, it then began to do this again, today, then all the sudden the button stopped working completely, however if i plug it in, then unplug it form the usb port, it will turn on, heat, then flash, and not turn back on, but the button does nothing now, I believe the button/switch is bad or going bad. I seems that I have have read others problems on the forums regarding USB passthroughs from Ruyan.... currently I am unplugging and plugging back in everytime i want to inhale.... Any ideas?

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I am now having trouble with the passthrough for my 901, I ordered it from Runyan direct, and have emailed them about this... but... I used the passthrough for 2 days without incident, I then began having trouble with it the 3rd day, at first it would automatically turn on when you connected it to the usb port, heat, and then flash(safety), then i could hit the button and would stay on until it flashed, regardless of if i actually held the button down... the next day it worked fine, the problem seemed to have dissapeared, it then began to do this again, today, then all the sudden the button stopped working completely, however if i plug it in, then unplug it form the usb port, it will turn on, heat, then flash, and not turn back on, but the button does nothing now, I believe the button/switch is bad or going bad. I seems that I have have read others problems on the forums regarding USB passthroughs from Runyan.... currently I am unplugging and plugging back in everytime i want to inhale.... Any ideas? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It could be the passthrough, but just to make sure, try plugging into a different source. The USB output you're using might be funky.[/FONT]

rustiangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga, TN, USA
Keep trying to contact Wayne at Ruyan. Try his yahoo email address, too.

There are only two passthroughs I would own right now; one I made myself, or as Lucky points out, a Puresmoker PT.

Sent him two emails, I'd like to just get this one replaced, if it just so happens I'm unlucky... and i don't have 50 bucks to drop on a PS PT.... wish i did, looks like a nice product...

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
Wayne (ruyan) has stated that he is aware of the poor quality of the first batch of passthroughs he got and newly designed, better quality ones should be available very soon on his site. Email him about warranty replacements, he'd be happy to make things right.
He told me the same exact thing about poor manufacurers he is getting his auto batts from:'("

I have had two in the last few weeks fall apart on me, rendered useless:((

rustiangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga, TN, USA
NOW THIS IS CUSTOMER SERVICE:

-----Original Message-----
To: <aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Jul 2, 2009 2:27 am
Subject: Re: Re: Shipping Notification

Hi,

Yes, we agree your proposal is fair.
We will send 1pc black manual USB passthrough for DSE901 by registered airmail to you as soon as we get the improved USB passthrouhgs.

Sorry again for the problem.

Yours sincerely,

Heaven Gifts

2009-07-02

If you don't recieve our reply within 24 hours, please send email again and copy to wayne_zsw@hotmail.com.

Heaven Gifts
Heaven-gifts.com Ruyandirect.com Best E-smoking Shop

发件人: aol.com
发送时间: 2009-07-02 04:56:42
收件人: heaven_gifts@yahoo.com.cn
抄送:
主题: Re: Shipping Notification
I just placed the item in the USPS mail, it cost a total of 3.31$. I do appreciate the gesture however, I still am a bit upset that at this point I have still paid money and have nothing to show for it...

I initially paid a total of 21$ (including shipping) used the product for 2.5 days, then received 9$ back, then paid 3.21$ to send it back. So at this point I still have paid out 15.21$ and have nothing to show for it. I think it would it be fair to ship me another one, at the cheapest postal rate possible of course, then call it even, do you agree?

-----Original Message-----
To: aol.com <aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Jul 1, 2009 12:20 am
Subject: Re: Re: Shipping Notification

Hi,

We are very sorry to know your manual USB passthrough is not working properly. Thanks for contacting us for it.

Some USB passthroughs of last batch have a quality problem with the button. We are very sorry that we were not able to select out the problematic USB passthroughs during our short test before shipping. We already returned all the manual USB passthroughs in our stock to the factory and required them to supply improved products for us. The factory still need 2 weeks before they can supply the improved manual USB passthroughs for us

We just refunded USD9.0 to you for the failed USB passthrough. If possible, please send it back to us. Just put it in a bubble envelope and post it by the cheapest USPS first class airmail to save the shipping fee(postage about $2). Don't forget to attach enough information(your ID or order number) with the envelope so that we could know it's from you. Our receiving address is as follows:
Receiver name: Zhang Sheng Wei
Address: Room 602, No.53, Sunny Venice Building, Lane 2727, Qi Lian Shan Nan Lu Road, Shanghai, China
Postal code: 200331
Phone: 13381579493

Do you think it's ok?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yours sincerely,

=0 A
Heaven Gifts

2009-07-01

If you don't recieve our reply within 24 hours, please send email again and copy to wayne_zsw@hotmail.com.

Heaven Gifts

发件人: aol.com
发送时间: 2009-06-30 06:18:38
收件人: heaven_gifts@yahoo.com.cn
抄送:
主题: Re: Shipping Notification
I received the package, thanks for the response. However i am now having trouble with the product, I used the passthrough for 2 days without incident, I then began having trouble with it the 3rd day, at first it would automatically turn on, and then flash, then i could hit the button and would stay on until it flashed, regaurdless of if i actually held the button down... the next day it worked fine, the problem seemed to have dissapeared, it then began to do this again, today, then all the sudden the button stopped working completely, however if i plug it in, then unplug it form the usb port, it will turn on, heat, then flash, and not turn back on, b ut the buttom does nothing now, I believe the button/switch is bad or going bad, can I return and exchange this? I have have read similar problems on the forums regaurding USB passthroughs from you guys.... currently I am unplugging and plugging back in everytime i want to inhale....

sabre805

Aug 30, 2009
I have a box full of parts from this company that do not work.

Recently got an order and one atomizer does not work at all.

Bad batteries, bad passthroughs (8).

It seems these parts work for a few days or weeks then just crap out.

Is this normal?

I have not bothered to ship them back yet.

My friend has the same unit and it's worked for months.

He seems to think the usb passthrough is shorting out my atos.

JWWright

Nov 13, 2009
I got a 901 USB Passthrough from electronic-ash.com. It is an automatic.

It worked fine, I've had it about a month, but now, it over heats, flashes, and my laptop crashes when I plug it in, and my monitor at the office crashes (usb inputs built in) when I plug it in. The usb in my workstations CPU pops up a warning about an excessive power error or something when I plug it in there.

How do you know who makes a particular pt? Where can I get a good one? This one was more expensive than another I wanted, but thought it might be a better unit.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread