USB Passthrough Light turns on by itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
I just got a new USB Passthrough today. I LOVE IT!!! I have noticed, however, that there are times when the light turns on by itself without me puffing on it. Maybe it is the micro switch inside the battery tube that is causing it. I'm wondering if it is sending power to the atomizer while the light is coming on. That could burn out the atomizer, right? I'm hoping that is not the case. Does anyone have any answers for me?:confused:

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
The more I'm using it, I'm experiencing that nasty burnt taste. I have a fresh cart in the pen, so I don't believe it is a dry atomizer. I think the USB Passthrough is staying on when the light is on and sending power to the atomizer. It also seems to be doing it more as I'm using it. If it doesn't even out, I might have to send it back.:(

mixxy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oregon
I just got a new USB Passthrough today. I LOVE IT!!! I have noticed, however, that there are times when the light turns on by itself without me puffing on it. Maybe it is the micro switch inside the battery tube that is causing it. I'm wondering if it is sending power to the atomizer while the light is coming on. That could burn out the atomizer, right? I'm hoping that is not the case. Does anyone have any answers for me?:confused:

Hmmm... this is the same problem I'm having with one of my regular batteries that came with my 901 that I got (from Steve) last week.

Steve: What are Phantom LED's and would this apply to a regular 901 battery too?

TribbleTrouble

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
Rio Rancho, NM
Everytime I let the light come on by itself, it does heat up the atomizer. I really believe it is that micro switch in the battery tube somehow closing when it is not suppose to. I sent Steve a PM about the issue. I hope to hear from him soon about this. Other than that problem, it is working like a champ, and kicking out Screwdriver like vapor.:confused:

invidregis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2008
Chicago, USA
Everytime I let the light come on by itself, it does heat up the atomizer. I really believe it is that micro switch in the battery tube somehow closing when it is not suppose to. I sent Steve a PM about the issue. I hope to hear from him soon about this. Other than that problem, it is working like a champ, and kicking out Screwdriver like vapor.:confused:

The last battery I did an autopsy on had a different pressure switch, but there are others that disassemble way more than I do. So there could be a bad batch of switches going around. As for Cash, have no fear, he will make it right. The man does have to sleep every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread