USB Passthrough Troubles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
So...

I got my USB Passthrough from a reputable seller (who frequents this forum) in the mail about 4 days ago...

Everything was great, AWESOME even until yesterday...

Now it works only sometimes...

I'm not sure what I've done to it other than what I purchased it for.

I sucked through the "battery" part of it and that helped but only temporarily...

Any suggestions?

I don't want to go through the trouble of returning a 9 dollar item.

Thanks!

Rita

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
So...

I got my USB Passthrough from a reputable seller (who frequents this forum) in the mail about 4 days ago...

Now it works only sometimes...

I'm not sure what I've done to it other than what I purchased it for.

I sucked through the "battery" part of it and that helped but only temporarily...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rita

Rita--It appears to be a pressure switch issue for sure as it would not improve with sucking if it was not. Try blowing through the end that the USB wire comes out of and sucking in it again hard but not too hard and do it several times. If it does not clear--the switch wheel is out of alignment and it will not work properly--give it a try--Sun:)

ritalee76

ECF Veteran
Thanks for the tip Sun :)

In the minute since I've posted, took another drag and the usb led flashed a bunch of times and the atomizer got VERY hot... Unscrewed it (hope I haven't ruined the atomizer...)

Blew through the usb cable end and sucked and blow, wash, rinse repeat :)

When I suck or blow, the led is slow to go out... it fades rather than just goes out. Is that normal?

Am now a bit nervous about hooking the atomizer back up to it LOL

Rita

Edit: atomizer is still functional... just a little metalliccy tasting for the first coupla puffs.

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida

In the minute since I've posted, took another drag and the usb led flashed a bunch of times and the atomizer got VERY hot... Unscrewed it (hope I haven't ruined the atomizer...)

When I suck or blow, the led is slow to go out... it fades rather than just goes out. Is that normal?

Rita

Rita--Mine fades out like that all the time on and off, but it should not stay lit for very long at all or heat the atomizer without a draw on the switch--give it another try and if you see it still staying on for any length of time call it a day on it as it is not worth burning out a good atomizer--Sun:)

papi

Jan 6, 2009
RO

This could be the auto clean function - on some e-cigarettes this function start every 1500 puffs.

My KB classic automatic switch behave the same way - so I think is normal but I'm not 100% sure

Rita

Edit: atomizer is still functional... just a little metalliccy tasting for the first coupla puffs.

I hope my experience could help.

So...

Thanks!

Rita

Hey Rita, I would like to know where you get them for 9 bucks, I pay 20 for mine.

Thanks,
Paul

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
$10 on bestecig.com

$20 if you buy it with the atomizer included.

Lu
Hi Lu,
Wondering if you know if the bestecig.com DSE901 Pass Through will fit the Classic Penstyle I purchsed from PureSmoker... I'm a noob... my first post here. I'm really not sure if this is a "DSE901" as they don't call it that. I've purchased 2 of them in the last 3 weeks, and a few extra atomizers with my newest pen style. I'm a bit hesitant, as I've been reading that they are not well made (by any of the suppliers). Don't really want to invest in something that works for 3 weeks :mad: so maybe better to get from Steve or someone else in the States? (any advise is welcome!)

Along with the USB Pass Through, I'm looking to get a USB mobil power pack universal battery (having hubby go to Best Buy to look for the Duracell Mobil Power Pack today).

BTW, I want to thank everyone for taking so much time to put their experiences down for all of the "Happy Bunnies" so we don't make (too many) mistakes. I've been reading posts for about a week, and feel like I already know quite a few of you (Kate, Trogg, Dustin, Leaford, and others that my limited coffee intake this morning isn't allowing my brain to access). Hopefully I'll be able to contribute once I get in the swing of things and get to e-smoking full time and finally quit a 35 year, 20 cig a day habit :shock:. I'm waiting on my new e-juice order and trying to get over bronchitis (which I hope isn't from the PG in the mix!!).
Best to all of you!
Vicky

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Hi Lu,
Wondering if you know if the bestecig.com DSE901 Pass Through will fit the Classic Penstyle I purchsed from PureSmoker... I'm a noob... my first post here. I'm really not sure if this is a "DSE901" as they don't call it that. I've purchased 2 of them in the last 3 weeks, and a few extra atomizers with my newest pen style.

If you have a penstyle now, you would want to get the BE112 passthrough from bestecig. That is the penstyle one. Since you already have atomizers, you can just buy the plain one for $10.

I'm a bit hesitant, as I've been reading that they are not well made (by any of the suppliers). Don't really want to invest in something that works for 3 weeks :mad: so maybe better to get from Steve or someone else in the States? (any advise is welcome!)

I bought 3 from bestecig in Nov. '08 and have had no problems with them or the wires. I have heard complaints about all the passthroughs these days, it seems. Those who ordered from bestecig said they honored their warranty (which I have never had to try since I haven't had a bad product from them yet). Vaporguys also sells them. Look here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/7511-usb-passthrough.html#post115809

Along with the USB Pass Through, I'm looking to get a USB mobil power pack universal battery (having hubby go to Best Buy to look for the Duracell Mobil Power Pack today).

No, not the Duracell! They don't work with this type of passthrough. Look up the threads on them. You'll find other options.

Hope this helped. Let us know how it goes.

Lu

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Hey Lu - Thanks, that did help (with the exception that I've already sent my non-vaping hubby running out to Best Buy :rolleyes: whoops, LOL! He'll do anything to get me off of analogs! ha Worse case is I return it tomorrow unopened. Hopefully, they won't have it.

My bad - I didn't read ALL of the posts, just got all happy (bunny) and excited (at about page 5 of the thread) that there was a way not to have to dink around with the battery recharging. By page 6, I now see that the info. I needed started to surface.

So... APC will work (?) ERRRRR, maybe I need to get back to searching, but I seem to find so many interesting links in posts, that I end up all over the place on the forum). I'll try to do a better job of searching before posting! Now I'm trying to figure out why the picture I uploaded isn't showing up, ratz! Off to the new user links...

Thanks for the reply!
H.A.H.

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
H.A.H

A couple of days ago I saw a few of the APC USB (usb10?) mobile power pack on ebay. They seem to be reasonably priced. I think I read in one of the threads that Fry's will not be carrying these anymore as they were going to stop making them:(

Yes, these are the ones from Frys:

apc power pack, Computers Networking, Electronics items on eBay.com

Just a note: The one I bought had a wall charger, which I preferred....but some don't...only a usb charger. Might want to look at a few of them first if that matters to you.

Lu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread