Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I just love looking at those USB cigs! That is beautiful! :hubba: If I didn't already own one (well, 3!), I would definitely be ordering one of those.

Brian, I hope you'll do me a favor. I'm sure yours will work great from your computer but if you try a usb car adapter or wall adapter, would you let me know how it goes? I am still trying to figure out what to do with mine.

Thanks!

Lu

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
Lu,

I'm not Brian but I have used the computer, a usb car adaptor and a wall adaptor.

Of course on the computer itself they work fine, but with the car adaptor or the wall adaptor, I honestly believe it depends on which type of adaptor you have.

Let me explain, I have different wall adaptors and car adaptors, it seems.

I have a wall adaptor that works great, a little green light comes on when I plug it into the wall, steady power as I vape, can vape forever.

However, with my other wall adaptor, it has a red and green light on it. When I plug that one into the wall the green light comes on but when I vape, the green light goes out and the red light comes on therefore I get no power.

The same applies to the car adaptors I have. One I can vape with forever the other one turns red when I try to vape.

Does that make sense to you? I would suggest trying out the adaptors you have and see if they work.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Yes, that makes sense to me because the wall charger I have has a green and red light....the red light intermittently blinks as I suck but I get no vape.

Now here's the kicker (was going to start a new thread with questions but I'll add it here for now). I just got a usb cigar, also from bestecig. I did the test. It worked fine on my laptop (but I still prefer my pen :cool:).

When I plugged it into the wall adapter, the led lit up bright, but no smoke, no heat....nothing from the atomizer. The red light on the charged blinked again. I then tried it on the usb car charger. Same thing...nothing.

So both the pen and cigar obviously work, but not on my chargers. So what charger are you using that works?

And in light of my test, what do you think of what dikerry said? Could it actually be an issue with the type of atomizer? I still don't know what kind I have on my pen and the cigar's is permanently attached so I can't see anything on that.

One of the points to my buying the usb ecig was so I could smoke it in my car, work, wherever, without worrying about batteries. But that is only happening at home on my laptop :(

Thanks dnakr.

Lu

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Aha! Did you notice that both of these are 1000 mah? The reason I mention this is because on another thread, yo han said this:

"500mAh is only half the power you need. That's just not going to work and you could also melt your charger if it's not protected."

He also posted this link:

DealExtreme: $4.22 1000mA USB AC Adapter (US)

Someone asked me to look on my adapters for the mah....it was 500 on both. What are yours? Maybe this is the answer!

Lu

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I don't remember seeing this di. Where was it? It is a bit confusing because the subject is on more than one thread, so I could have missed something. I recall you recently talking about your atomizers making the difference....but I don't recall you mentioning the 1000 mah thing.

Sheesh....would have saved me a lot of time...and brain power! :D

Lu

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Last edited:

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
I have both.

I just tested my 4 hole atomizer (from NJOY) over my 2 hole atomizer (Janty) and I like find my 2 hole is way easier to draw from than my 4 hole from NJOY. I think Dikerry is right - it may also depend on the atomizer model.

Although he is opposite and like the 4 hole atomizer over the 2 hole atomizer.

Dikerry where did you get your atomziers from?

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
The wall charger that works says: DC 5V 1A
The ones that won't work: (becase the red light comes one when I vape) says 5V DC 1A

My car adaptor that works says: DC 5V max 1000mA.
The ones that won't work says: DC 5.0 +5% max 500mA

I can see why the one car charger would work whereas the other wouldn't but I wonder why both wall chargers wouldn't work if they are the same mah? Grrrr!!!

And you are using the 2 hole atomizers with all of them...and some work and some don't. :confused:

Lu

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
On the chargers I can use either the 2 or the 4 - I like the 4 better.

On the wall chargers the only difference I see is the one that works only consists of a green light.

The other one consists of a green light and a red light - when I plug the charger in I get a green light - when I try to suck on the atomizer the green light turns red and I get no vapor with my 4 hole atomizer and very very little with my 2 hole atomizer.

I am assuming this one is only a USB charger because I can charge my Janty USB battery from it. I plug this one into the wall - attach my Janty USB and the light is red - after a couple of hours it turns green and my battery is charged.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Well since all your atomizers work with those 2 adapters you posted the link for, then I might just as well go ahead and order them too. I don't know what my atomizers are now but I believe the ones that will be coming with my new manual switch usb cig will be 4 holers since they are from David Yang.

Thanks so much for your patience and responses dnakr. You have been a HUGE help! :thumb:

Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread