• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

USB Portable power pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
Wow!

It took just over 5hrs for the device to charge (indicated by all 4 blue lights staying solid).

I put a flat Evo mighty atom battery in and it was fully charged in 20 minutes! This is the only usb power supply (have used lappy, 3 different computers and SKY HD box) that has made the battery orange tip light up fully when charged. I am presuming it is fully charged - no reason not to - I guess I will see how long it takes to go flat.

If this unit gives 30hrs charging capacity and manages to charge a battery in 20 mins this has been one of my best purchases yet :)

Kula

Last edited:

Kula

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Scotland
Just a quick update -

This afternoon I went to charge a bat but the Philips unit had run out of juice. I had planned on counting how many batteries the unit charged before needing recharched itself but I forgot to keep count after the first day :(

Going by my normal usage/charging amounts I reckon over a 3 day period I charged 12 batteries from flat (All Mighty Atoms - I tend to go through 2-3 /day and my wife 1-2/day) and 2 or 3 partially charged Genie batteries (both my wife and I use and love the Intellicig Evo). NB I left a couple of bats charging after the tip lit up - not sure how much energy this sapped from the unit.

So if we call it 13 bat charges over 3 days - not quite the 30 hours of charging claimed by Philips but certainly a very useful bit of kit and at this sale price (prety much the same as an extra battery) I think this Philips is a winner.

Kula.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
That's the one I've got Prof: very sturdy / well built, looks really classy, and huge capacity (I checked the stats of the Philips one against this one when the thread first started, and our one has loads more power that the Phiips one). Still, for the price, I doubt you'd beat the Philips one in this thread.

Angela

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Hertfordshire, England
Hi Christena

Regarding the comparitive power of the packs:-

Taken from the link for the Philips charger in the OP:
• Battery type: Lithium polymer
• Rated input: 5V DC, max. 500 mA
• Rated output: 5.6V DC, max. 350 mA
• Battery capacity: 2000 mAh

and reading the back of the one that Prof and I have:
• Battery type: Li-ion
• Rated input: 4.5-5V, 1000 mA
• Rated output: 5V, 700 mA
• Battery capacity: 3,400 mAh

I think you'll be pretty pleased with it. (It was someone else on this board who originally recommended it to me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread