usb powered e cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapors

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2008
I am really getting tired of the battery issue. I am either at a computer or in a car, I really think a usb powered cig is what I need.

Has anyone had a good experience with the
KISSBOX CLASSIC USB-E CABLE? I see Janty sells one for the classic.

I may create my own as seen in this video on you-tube. (it is in french, but you get the idea.)

youtube.com/watch?v=6dS2XVBLxXc

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
order the one to take the existing classic atomizer.. buy a classic atomizer to go with it.. i have both types.. the one that takes the classic atomizer works and u can buy a new atomizer to fit when the old one wears out.. or if u already have a classic atomizer use that.. buy the car plug as well..

dont buy the all in one device.. its on a par with the e-cig mini which is a total piece of rubbish and produces next to no vapour just like the e-cig mini does..

trog

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
I am really getting tired of the battery issue. I am either at a computer or in a car, I really think a usb powered cig is what I need.

I may create my own as seen in this video on you-tube. (it is in french, but you get the idea.)

The first few batches of KISSboxes had serious faulty part issues, and the USB cable was a major culprit. They're on batch 4 now, and there have been remarkably fewer complaints. I have one on its way, and I'll let you know how the USB works. Neither batch 1 or 3 USB worked for me.

sanneke

Moved On
May 28, 2008
USA

I have the KISS classic, and the UBS cable is connected to my laptop, and I can smoke endlessly.

Just be careful to disconnect it when you leave for a while.

It takes 3 hours for the battery to charge.
After that I can even use the battery (without connecting to the laptop) to smoke my KISS.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
There seem to be three main models of penstyle. There's Janty/Sedansa/ePuffer, there's Njoy/SmartFixx/MyECig/Pillbox/Smokster, and there's e-cig.com/Crown7. The Janty one has four large airholes in the battery end of the atomizer, the Njoy one has two smaller ones, and more white material in the cartridge end, and the e-cig.com one has two small holes, no white material, and an inward curving lip around the inside of the battery connector on the atomizer.

Interchangeability is pretty good between them. The biggest conflict is with cartridges. They all have slightly different barrels and lengths. The e-cig carts will fit both other atomizers, but is a little too short for the Njoy, so won't perform as well as the proper cart. The Njoy cart will not fit in either other atomizer type. The Janty cart will ot fit in the E-Cig.com, and will fit in the Njoy, but poorly, and will not work as well as the proper cart would.

Battery wise, the regular e-Cig.com batteries will fit and work with both of the others, but both of the other types have much better quality batteries, so why bother. The USB, though, might be a good option. It should fit, at least. I don't have one, but Dr. Jim posted about his, and he loved it. He did order another later, though, and it didn't work as well for him. I don't know if that was a bad unit, or a change in design.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
I agree, but I like the retractable cable on the Janty, and the fact that it works when not attached to the usb.

My ideal USB e-cig battery would have a regular rechargeable battery with a detachable cable. The cable would attach to the battery via a mini-usb plug where the LED usually is. Charge it via USB, or smoke off the USB power, then pop out the mini plug and pop a plug cover in, with or without an LED in it, and you're ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread