USB powerpack, and throat hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

virraszto

Apr 22, 2009
SE Michigan
Hubby bought me a Kensington Power pack to use with my USB passthrough a week or so ago. It works great, and can hold a charge for 2 days. Unfortunately, I just realized that my ecig being connect to the power pack produces a much harsher throat hit. I can barely take a hit off it without choking. Decided to try a regular ecig charged by the charger, and I can smoke it fine. Anyone else have this problem? It sucks because I love that power pack!

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
Hubby bought me a Kensington Power pack to use with my USB passthrough a week or so ago. It works great, and can hold a charge for 2 days. Unfortunately, I just realized that my ecig being connect to the power pack produces a much harsher throat hit. I can barely take a hit off it without choking. Decided to try a regular ecig charged by the charger, and I can smoke it fine. Anyone else have this problem? It sucks because I love that power pack!

The USB Power Packs put out quite a bit more voltage -- starting at 5V -- than the e-cig batteries, so it will run the atomizer hotter. Depending on what model e-cig you're using, you might be able to find a USB adapter with an inline battery. In those, the power pack charges the battery, and the e-cig draws its power from the battery, which runs at considerably less than 5V.

dawnlori

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2009
North Dakota, USA
Lucky, maybe thats the scenerio that I need. I have a passthrough for my dse901 and have been using manuals on my new yeti but I can't find the throat hit I'm looking for. The throat hit on my 901 is definately more consistant with the passthrough. I don't know what 'protected batteries' are? Kennsington sounds like the answer or my next gadget lol. Can you please tell me what PV you are using and about protected batteries. Thanks, dawn

PS good to see your post, I suppose I should have address this to your full name not just 'Lucky' (giggles) dawn

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Lucky, maybe thats the scenerio that I need. I have a passthrough for my dse901 and have been using manuals on my new yeti but I can't find the throat hit I'm looking for. The throat hit on my 901 is definately more consistant with the passthrough. I don't know what 'protected batteries' are? Kennsington sounds like the answer or my next gadget lol. Can you please tell me what PV you are using and about protected batteries. Thanks, dawn

PS good to see your post, I suppose I should have address this to your full name not just 'Lucky' (giggles) dawn

ROFLMAO DAWN OMG can I call you Dawn or is that calling you names? Please don't come threating me that I'm calling you names in a PM now girlfriend. LOL (WHAT A JOKE!!!!)

I would recommend this power pack over the Kensington because it lasts like 3 days without having to charge. I am using a 901. I had problems with the Kensington and my 901's getting too hard of draws and blowing out my attys. It would also only last me a full day vaping non stop on it. This unit lasts me almost 3 full days. USB 2.0 Battery Pack & Charger for iPod; iPhone 1G, 3G - eBay (item 260375023105 end time Jun-07-09 18:31:46 PDT) I liked it so much I even bought 2, one to put away for the future. As for protected batteries, we advocate the safety of using those and an on/off switch on mods that are made either by people or companies. I have not seen one made by a company yet that uses an on/off switch. Protected batteries are just safter than unprotected batteries.

virraszto

Apr 22, 2009
SE Michigan
I'm using my DSE901 with the Kensington Portable Power Pack for Mobile Devices (K38021US). In case the link doesn't work.

here it is on amazon:

Amazon.com: Kensington Portable Power Pack for Mobile Devices (K38021US): Electronics

Hope that link works.

I don't know what protected batteries are either. :confused:

This unit battery power does last a long time, probably more than 2 days depending on how much you use it. Maybe mine lasts longer because I take such a short hit? I've had it since 9 May and have only charged it twice. So, I guess for me it lasts a long time. ;)

Last edited:

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
Thanks a million Lucky, got one ordered, now I'm off to find a passthrough my Yeti. best to ya! dawn

Dawn, you won't be disappointed. It's a little larger than the Kensington, as I really liked the size of the Kensington, but this thing will last WAY longer like 3-5 days depending on how much you use it, without having to charge. It's 3000 mAh. It's like the energizer bunny.

Palmetto

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
USA
I'm using my DSE901 with the Kensington Portable Power Pack for Mobile Devices (K38021US). In case the link doesn't work.

here it is on amazon:

Amazon.com: Kensington Portable Power Pack for Mobile Devices (K38021US): Electronics

Hope that link works.

I don't know what protected batteries are either. :confused:

This unit battery power does last a long time, probably more than 2 days depending on how much you use it. Maybe mine lasts longer because I take such a short hit? I've had it since 9 May and have only charged it twice. So, I guess for me it lasts a long time. ;)

The "protected battery" issue has nothing to do with the Kensington or any other USB Power Pack.

I believe what Lucky was saying is that he/she loves the extra voltage/hit/heat from whatever Power Pack he/she is using.

Judging from the OP, you obviously don't. If you're atomizer is a 901, you'll have a difficult time finding a USB adapter with an inline battery to decrease the hit/heat. If it's an 801 or a 510, you'll find one much easier.

Ladycats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2008
Western North Carolina

You didn't say what mg liquid you use ... try lowering it a bit .. might help ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread