Use Wall Charger as Car Charger with Car Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
I have two A/C wall adapters, a 901 and a 510. They both have a female plug on the side that says DC In 12-24 volt. I was wondering what the purpose of this is, since the adapter didn't come with any information about it.

More importantly, although it seems to much to hope for, I also wondered if I could use it with a Car Adapter that was a straight passthrough of the 12V 0.1 Amp car battery power into that plug. If I could, where is a link to such a direct passthrough?

It would sure be convenient if the same charge could be used both as a wall charger and a car charger!

miketr

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Southern Illinois (rural area)
The wall charger for the 901 has 6-24 volts printed by the small charger hole. The Nokia charger while plugged in to a cigarette lighter outlet in dash reads 8 volts on a digital volt meter. The plug fits a little tight but it works and charge time is not noticeably different.

So it does, thanks for correcting my mistake! My 901 charger does say 6-24 volts as well, it's my 510 charger that says 12-24 volts. Thanks for the confirmation; I will be on the lookout for car chargers in those ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread