The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Using E-cigs to save the planet

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by strayling, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. strayling

strayling Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
    Seattle, USA
    Ok maybe not, but that's the angle this guy in Slate decided to focus on:

Finally, there's always the electronic cigarette, a battery-operated contraption that delivers a nicotine solution dissolved in water and propylene glycol, the stuff used in fog machines. Though public health officials stress a lack of research on the safety of these products, e-cigarettes do produce less trash and air pollution than the traditional variety. You may be exposing yourself to ridicule, but isn't that a small price to pay for your sins?

2. angel.white

angel.white Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2009
    Kansas
    lol I was just about to post this with the name: "The environment. Oh yeah, and e-cigs"

3. jamie

jamie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 3, 2008
    USA
  4. hoodala

hoodala Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    AZ
    That comment was by all accounts interesting, informative, false, and hilarious.

I love this quote at the bottom "I'll give up my cigars when Washington bans fat people by making it illegal to put HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) in the food supply. THAT'S the real killer of Americans today. If you want a soap box to get on, try this one...How is it a kid can eat the 20 piece McMystery chunks, a giant french fry order and several refills of the 44 ounce super-size soda and wants more; but can't eat a peanut butter sandwich and drink a glass of milk without being full?"

5. strayling

strayling Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
    Seattle, USA
  6. jamie

jamie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 3, 2008
    USA
    Hehehehe :) Yeah he's a bit all over the place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.