Using Eleaf istck pico 75W with heat sink and 24mmRDA together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haywire.kz

Feb 13, 2018
Hello you all.
Glad I found this forum. It really helps me a lot abt vaping and safety.

Im new to vaping and I just bought pico 75w, it is with a sub-ohm tank. And I want to try it with RDA; is it safe and suitable to use like that? Is it good to use heat sink with the device?
And if I cannot find 22mm, is 24mm ok?
Thank you all.....

Reactions: BrotherBob

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
If you mean to use the pico with an rda then by all means go for it if it has a 510 connection it's compatible no heatsink required. Imho though the mod you use should depend on what kind of build you want to use,lower 0hms need more power so beware of that.

Otherwise i'm sure someone will have more infos than i do, hope it helps :)

Welcome to ecf btw!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The Pico 75 can take a 22mm rda, no problem. Tall enough heat sink to clear the battery cap is alright if you want to use the 24mm version.
The Pico 25 is slightly larger, can use up to 25mm devices and can go to 85 watts.
The Pico 21700 is larger still, up to 25 mm devices and can go up to 100 watts

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Depending on how sub0hm you want to go, you should be fine using an RTA for this device. If you want to build very low resistance you may need a more powerful mod, as the pico goes to 85 watts and is a single battery. If you wind up needing wattage on the higher side, you may be pushing the pico's capacity and will likely not get great battery life. What type of build and wattage range are you wanting to build at? It's hard to say exactly without knowing what range you want to build at. I'd say much lower than 0.5, you may wind up needing more wattage than the pico can deliver. It would do fine with a higher resistance, MTL RTA, but that may not be what you want....

Best of luck, but if you are thinking of heading to deep, sub0hm territory, I'm not sure the pico would be your best choice, but there are some good and fairly inexpensive 2 battery mods, as well. The aspire speeder is one, small form factor for a 2 battery mod. I also have an eleaf invoke mod and I love it. Great build quality while still remaining compact,, easy feel in the hand, and one of the lightest 2 battery mods without being rickety or problematic. It's one of my favorite two battery mods for the reasons above. I like eleaf products, generally, they are built to quality. Lots of other options as well.

Best of luck,

Anna

untar

Vaping Master
Feb 7, 2018
Germany
I'd suggest a single coil RDA if you don't like buying new batteries every few months.
Maybe take a look at the vandyvape pulse 22 or the new wotofo nudge 22, you can throw some nice builds in there, they both have good taste and they both come relatively cheap.
You'd use around 40-50W and still have a half decent vaping time on your single battery.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I think what he is wondering is the trick of using heat sink adapters on the Pico to bring the tank above the cap so it can fit a 24mm he wants. I'd just use 22-23mm but yeah it will work fine with the 22-23mm heat sink, 24mm won't fit. Your ohms may go up slightly at worst but other then that your better off stripping the threads of a $2 heat sink then your mod if you don't mind the extra 10-12mm. I use them on a mod with stripped theads, good as new now.

haywire.kz

Feb 13, 2018
Thank you for your replies and suggestions. Im not sure how many ohms are the best for an RDA to get good taste. I don't want low resistance. I was thinking of building the range between .3 to.5 ohms. Is it okay? What elase should I check? Im currently using a sub-ohm tank with a 0.3ohm atomizer head that comes with the kit. I usually vape only between 40 to 50W.
Thank you once again for being most helpful.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
A very good single coil RTA for the Pico 75 is the Wotofo Serpent Mini. It's a 22mm tank and holds just over 3ml of liquid.

My single wire coil at 0.5 Ohms produces great tasting vapor at about 40-ish Watts, which is a good balance for the Pico 75.

That tank can be had for less than $20 US if you shop around.

Really good dual coil 22mm RTA's that are easy to build on, fill from the top, easy to wick and don't suck juice and power are hard to come by under $30 US.

There are a bunch of 22mm sub-Ohm tanks that offer screw-in RBA adapters, too. Each of those has their own little challenges. The Melo III mini that comes in the Pico 75 kit takes this RBA:

$2.81 Replacement Rebuildable RBA Coil Head for Atlantis Clearomizer - 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It's not slam-dunk easy to work with but it does turn the Melo into an RTA.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
A very good single coil RTA for the Pico 75 is the Wotofo Serpent Mini. It's a 22mm tank and holds just over 3ml of liquid.

My single wire coil at 0.5 Ohms produces great tasting vapor at about 40-ish Watts, which is a good balance for the Pico 75.

That tank can be had for less than $20 US if you shop around.

Really good dual coil 22mm RTA's that are easy to build on, fill from the top, easy to wick and don't suck juice and power are hard to come by under $30 US.

There are a bunch of 22mm sub-Ohm tanks that offer screw-in RBA adapters, too. Each of those has their own little challenges. The Melo III mini that comes in the Pico 75 kit takes this RBA:

$2.81 Replacement Rebuildable RBA Coil Head for Atlantis Clearomizer - 0.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It's not slam-dunk easy to work with but it does turn the Melo into an RTA.

He wants an RDA. A couple 8 wrap 2.5mm 26 awg around .5ohm around 40-50w is probably what I'd do. I don't vape like that though. Have you tried the Serpent Alto? AMAZING

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
He wants an RDA. A couple 8 wrap 2.5mm 26 awg around .5ohm around 40-50w is probably what I'd do. I don't vape like that though. Have you tried the Serpent Alto? AMAZING
Doh!

The Alto is on my list. Along with about 4,612 other things...

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Doh!

The Alto is on my list. Along with about 4,612 other things...
6.3mm shorter and more then half the top is like 14mm wide heat sink so it looks much smaller. Tighter airflow and the tiny side airflow hole and metal block in front help keep the air hitting the coil. Without the tiny 6mm drip tip its the same size as my smallest RDA, 32mm. Cutest thing I ever seen, makes a Goblin Mini look big, great for a pocket Pico.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I should mention a misunderstanding that less ohms means more power. You can just buy 26 awg or 24 awg and play around with wraps and ID to find something you like in that range. More wraps will give you a higher ohm and need more power then less wraps. Don't remove 2 wraps each and go up 20w, it is the other way around.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I should mention a misunderstanding that less ohms means more power. You can just buy 26 awg or 24 awg and play around with wraps and ID to find something you like in that range. More wraps will give you a higher ohm and need more power then less wraps. Don't remove 2 wraps each and go up 20w, it is the other way around.
The notion that "higher resistance always needs lower wattage" is still stuck in a lot of people's minds.

I have Oumier Wasp Nano on my Pico Squeeze. I'm blowing through juice with it and it's why the VLS is probably my next atty.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The notion that "higher resistance always needs lower wattage" is still stuck in a lot of people's minds.

I have Oumier Wasp Nano on my Pico Squeeze. I'm blowing through juice with it and it's why the VLS is probably my next atty.
Been looking at the VLS myself. The written reviews are positive.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
VLS is sweet for a variety of coils but looks to be more built towards vertical coils. For sqounking or not the Hadaly RDTA is a great single coil, super tiny RDA that holds 2ml. Just make sure it comes with the bf pin. Not as needy for big coils as the Wasp Nano to get great flavour.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. A Pico is a one-battery machine. I recommend not coiling below about .5Ω or getting the watts above 40ish as this will result in terrible battery life, even though it might be safe to do so. Yes, if your heat sink is tall enough to get above the top of the battery door, you can use a larger diameter topper.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
That would be my suggestion for OP, not near as much dripping but it looks and performs as good as any RDA. 22mm and super small so you wouldn't need the heat sink adapter and single coil at 30w you will get much better battery life. I don't have a sqounker and still love it. Alot of mini RTA and RDTA's are only 2-3ml anyways so 2ml aint bad. 2018 is the year of the tiny 22mm tanks for me lol. Tired of ones almost as big as my mod for 1-2ml extra and muted flavour. The $8.19 Alto clone I got is better then any the $180 clones that are 68-76mm tall or something crazy. The one in the photo is $179.99 Jai Haze rate Top 3 of all time... sadly my Serpent Alto is better LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread