Not open for further replies.

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
Hi everyone,

I'm currently using a 10-hole charger for my Joye 510 and eGo batteries, ensuring I'll always have plenty of charged batteries, just in case... I know there's a lot of discussion on the forum about battery charging, battery life and safety issues, and I want to know if it's safe to keep this charger plugged in around the clock, and just keep taking the next charged battery in my rotation as the one I'm currently using needs to be charged!

If not, what's the SAFEST way to use this charger, ensuring I'll always have charged batteries when I need them? Thanks!!!

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
A proper charger will read the battery and stop charging when the battery is full, making it safe to leave them in there the way you're doing. Just make sure the charger is matched to the type of battery you're charging, because different battery types have different ways of signaling that they're full. Put the wrong battery in the wrong charger and things can go boom.

johnled

Moved On
Dec 20, 2010
us
  • Deleted by AngusATAT

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
A proper charger will read the battery and stop charging when the battery is full, making it safe to leave them in there the way you're doing. Just make sure the charger is matched to the type of battery you're charging, because different battery types have different ways of signaling that they're full. Put the wrong battery in the wrong charger and things can go boom.

Thanks so much ScottinSoCal for easing my nerves! Yes, this charger is designed specifically for the Joye 510 and eGo (with adapter for eGo so it fits)!

Somehow, I ended up on a 'battery' thread on the Mod forum earlier today, and what I read scared the you-know-what out of me, about not leaving batteries in their chargers once the red light turns to green, and always unplug the charger from the supply once the battery is charged....never leaving it plugged it overnight or when no one is home!

I've been keeping my 6 510 batteries and 4 eGo batteries in there and swap in the rotation as needed! Charger NEVER even gets warm and does a super job!

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
I love mine, too - I've been using it non-stop for two weeks now and there've been no explosions at all worth mentioning. I'm considering an eGo battery and charger adapter just to try it on for size. How long is "much longer" for an eGo battery to charge on the 510 charger?

You won't be disappointed at all Reggie! One eGo battery seems to last me all afternoon and evening with regular vaping. I've got some eGo cartomizers on the way now....been told they hold approx 2.5 ml of juice! Charging time seems to be about the same for 510 and eGo...I've not noticed a difference in charging time, and it's not that long either!

MsBree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
New Jersey
www.precious-pets.org
I don't think it would blow up, if anything the batteries could blow up but i've never heard about that happening with chargers.

Just leave it plugged in when you're at home or near it if you're paranoid your house might catch on fire because of it lol.

I think I like ScottinSoCal's response better!!! :ohmy:

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I think I like ScottinSoCal's response better!!! :ohmy:

Anything electrical *can* cause a fire if you leave it plugged in. Even your fridge. You can spend the rest of your life plugging and unplugging everything you own every time you walk in or out your door, or you can say "Huh. I never knew that." and go on with your life. You're already doing what's reasonable (checking to make sure the charger isn't getting hot) and from that I'd guess that if the dog got hold of it and chewed it up you'd decide not to plug it back in. Anything beyond that goes from reasonable precaution to pointless paranoia. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread