Using Swedish snus to quit American dip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
Mine switched from Skoal to snus without much trouble. The hardest part was finding one he liked. Once he found a snus, he'd even go without until he got home instead of going to the store for Skoal. He really prefers snus now. I don't know about quitting altogether because he still uses snus daily.

firechick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2009
Upstate New York
He likes Thunder Frosted. We have a few cans of Thunder orange and thunder berry that he gets into every once in a while. There are stronger ones out there if he really needs more. Some of them are over 20mgs / portion. Thunder mini and Phantom mini are the same (8) mg as regular portions in a very small pouch. Same hit but more discreet.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I tried the odens extreme and extreme 59. They are 22mg and a little bit too much of a kick for me. I think the thunder raw is 22mg too. I like a couple of 16mg portions a day but the 22 was just too much for me but might not be for someone who takes large dips.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    He informed me last weekend that he had blood blisters and sores in his mouth. Had him try vaping he isn't so sure about it.
    The first time I did snus it was camel frost, which did give me a blister. I haven't had any since and haven't heard of anyone else getting sores. I am wondering if he is bottom lipping snus. Unlike dip it goes in the top lip.

firechick

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    There are stronger snus available online. The General is most likely an 8mg. There is no rule that says he can't use 2 if he really needs the extra. I have found that plain is easier on the gums than mint if they are sore. The upper lip takes some getting used to but produces less liquid than the lower lip.. My DH lower lips thunder. You could suggest he rinse with 1/2 water and 1/2 peroxide to help the sores. It stings at first, but it really helps heal them.

RoseB

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 3, 2012
    Washington
    Update here. Mostly I am bored and feel too crappy to do much of anything. The snus worked for a few days. He decided to smoke for a few days. Tried vaping for a few hours that was an epic fail. Now he is back on the grizz. At this point I am keeping my opinions to myself and if he asks for my help again well I don't know. Hmmmm maybe he will just have to figure it out. Showed him the links on snus that you folks were kind enough to provide.

RoseB

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 3, 2012
    Washington
    He said it was like nothing was there even with two pouches. I tried camel snus when it came out and tossed it. Even griz in pouches feels like nothing if you are used to dipping long cut loose. Plus the burn in your cheek that you come to welcome. I am thinking about ordering some loose stuff. All this talk about chew makes me miss it lol. Still get phantom tastes after almost 5 months.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread