Status
Not open for further replies.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I'm seeing a lot of hype over this batt, about it being much better than the Aw IMR. I emailed Provape, asking if it was OK to use in my Provari. I received a reply:

We have not yet internally qualified the battery. Typically much testing needs to happen with our engineering team as they want to make sure the battery is safe and has enough power to properly run the ProVari along with testing the batteries internal resistance to make sure it will not cause any issues.

They are always testing new batteries and when something is available we will pass along the OK :)

Kindly,
David

I think I will wait till they approve it. I know that people are using this batt successfully, but I don't want to take any chances.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I understand your concerns. In all seriousness though this battery has been tested by some very good people who have shared their results. If you are not comfortable with the community's tests results, by all means just wait. Also if you do not understand the results do not use any batteries other than the approved.
That said, there are certainly many of users that know and understand the results and trust the community, and they are certainly enjoying this battery.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
The Panasonic is a good battery and the IMR seems to be a great choice for the Provari

AWIMR2000vPanasonic.jpg

Krystm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Arlington, TX
hahah yeah I cant complain I have had this provari for all of 24 hours and am completely in love with it. Not to sound like one of "them" but I can see what all the fuss is about now. I love the weight, quality and performance so far is amazing. Not saying I won't try others but it really is the standard I will hold my future mods to.

Krystm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Arlington, TX
haha, The only thing now is do I do the upgrade to V2, so far doing just fine and loving the taste on the Novas and my Single coil tanks. So no real reason to upgrade it from what I can see. Maybe run it til I have an issue and send it in then. It's also hard because it is just SO good I don't want to send it in and be apart from it lol.

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida

I've only been using the AW IMR 2000mah batteries in my ProVari so far, but I have been using the Orbtronic / Panasonic 3100mah dual protected batteries in my XL3 wood mod and they've been working great. While the protected batteries won't fit in the ProVari (and may not provide the power required for the boost circuit), I probably wouldn't hesitate to use the hybrid Panasonic IMRs from Orbtronic when I need to replace the AWs.

Obligatory safety note: 1) Get a good smart charger if you don't already have one, such as the XTAR WP2/WP6 series or the Pila, which are often recommended by the community. 2) For APVs that do not feature their own safety features, it's highly recommended that you always use protected batteries for safer operation. 3) Purchase your batteries from reputable vendors to help ensure you don't get low quality knock-offs.

Ratchet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm seeing a lot of hype over this batt, about it being much better than the Aw IMR. I emailed Provape, asking if it was OK to use in my Provari. I received a reply:

We have not yet internally qualified the battery. Typically much testing needs to happen with our engineering team as they want to make sure the battery is safe and has enough power to properly run the ProVari along with testing the batteries internal resistance to make sure it will not cause any issues.

They are always testing new batteries and when something is available we will pass along the OK :)

Kindly,
David

I think I will wait till they approve it. I know that people are using this batt successfully, but I don't want to take any chances.

I totally agree. It is not worth risking your warranty if the battery causes any issue with the Provari. With the price of this mod, I'd say if it's not "Provape approved" for use, be careful, it could void your warranty..... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread