Status
Not open for further replies.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Howz it holding up GOM?
No problems so far. Once the pod is broken in it stops gurgling. I have two pods filled, each with a different flavor. I haven't had a pod go bad yet, so they're definitely longer-lasting than a coil-based system.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
It's a unique system for sure. It's a decent vape but it ramps up slow.
Yeah, I need to take 3-4 second MTL draws to get a good hit. I've got 35mg NicSalt-B in there. Five or six draws and I'm sated. I carry it around in my work vest pocket as a backup, and I only use it in places my full sized mod would be impractical or obtrusive. I don't bother to lock it, yet I haven't had a problem with accidental firing.

Reactions: stols001

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Day 116: The Zip quit working. Push button: no fire. Full charge. Clean contacts. Regardless of pod. RIP this one; the cause of death is not apparent. In its short lifetime it suffered a few falls onto concrete but died of unrelated causes. I am left with three sealed replacement pods.

I'm now back to my good old Vladdin RE, and have ordered the highly-acclaimed Uwell Caliburn as my next ninja backup stealth unit.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I hate those ultra wide mouth pieces.

I agree, and the whole design looks and feels like a McDonald's Happy Meal toy.
    No bueno.

This suits me just fine, and I can hold it in my teeth for hands free vaping (auto batt)

S2BM3zW.jpg

The pod systems have better batteries designed to work better with low resistance. All they have to do is put those in automatic eGos and it would cater to the original market, which was supposed to be the adult smoker. Now, they design vapes to cater to children.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Sorry for your loss. Hope the Caliburn works out for you, it’s not my thing but it has a lot of fans.
    The loss was a gain. The story of how I received this one, and the experience I had, is rather entertaining.

I won this unit in a contest and it was shipped by DHL to my home. DHL tried to assess customs duties of CAD$1.00 (PLUS a CAD$11 broker fee!) and delayed the delivery by a week attempting to collect it. Usonicig agreed to cover the duty but applied it in the wrong currency (USD$12 = CAD$15), to my advantage.

Meanwhile I had complained DHL's national director of customer service, who agreed to refund the CAD$12 fee for the reason that it was incorrectly assessed due to the shipment value being below the minimum threshold of $50, and then also awarded me a CAD$50 Amazon gift card as a token of goodwill. I then spent CAD$40 on two pairs of replacement pods.

tl;dr in the end I got a free device, plus $15, plus $50, minus $40 spent on supplies, and came out $25 ahead.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    I agree, and the whole design looks and feels like a McDonald's Happy Meal toy.
    No bueno.

This suits me just fine, and I can hold it in my teeth for hands free vaping (auto batt)

S2BM3zW.jpg

The pod systems have better batteries designed to work better with low resistance. All they have to do is put those in automatic eGos and it would cater to the original market, which was supposed to be the adult smoker. Now, they design vapes to cater to children.
    Meh. Among the recently-converted adult vapers I meet professionally, the Caliburn is highly regarded. The size is right, it delivers the goods, and it's ubiquitously available. All without being ostentatious. I don't subscribe to the "for the children" rhetoric—in my opinion it's all politics designed to divide the community. Kids used to start smoking on their own, and now they vape instead, and that's a huge win. As for the uninformed folks who accuse vaping of being a gateway to smoking, I tell them this story:

My workmate, an ex-smoker of several years who switched to vaping, came across a sealed pack of Pall Mall cigarettes lying on the ground in a parking lot. He picked them up and took them home ($15 win, right?). He was planning on giving them to a beggar, but he succumbed to a sudden urge to open the pack and try one. He lit up, took two puffs, and was so unsatisfied that he extinguished the .... and put the pack away.

As he said, you'd have to be crazy to revert to analogs when vapes taste so much better, cost less, don't stink up the place, and provide equivalent satisfaction. He later gave the -1 pack to a beggar.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread