Usps rant for anyone that cares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
St. louis
Having a terrible vapemail week thanks to usps. Ordered a lavatube 2.0 from volcano after waiting for the gun metal to become available. Got my tracking was expecting many things this past Monday lavatube being the thing I was most excited for. Opened the mailbox to see a ripped flat envelope in a "Sorry we damaged your stuff WE CARE" plastic bag. Knew as soon as I saw the flat envelope nothing was in it(other than the packing slip). Went immediately to the post office where I was completely shut down by the lady working the counter. Sorry it wasn't insured she says. Called usps and they said the same thing but that I could file a claim so I did. Called volcano even though I do not hold them liable at all for the mess. They were super cool about it and made a call to usps to hopefully get something done which I'm crossing my fingers on. Being completely frustrated and thrown off by the situation I started to think hey where is my juice from bomb vapor? Tracked it. Delivered Monday? Um no it most certainly was not! Immediately filled another complaint. I emailed jake at bomb to see what he had to say. And once again not holding him liable he said sorry it wasn't insured. I am very displeased with usps. I feel that this is completely unacceptable. I have gotten vapemail every week for god knows how long and have never had any issues. And hate the fact that you have to buy insurance to make sure your covered. And I can't believe that I can't even get a"we will look into it" which makes me feel like they don't care! Rant over please feel free to chime in if anyone has had similar experiences.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
They don't care, however if you bought it from volcano directly & you didn't get your package with what you paid for in it then yes they need to replace it. You did your part you paid for a item. Your item still has not been recieved so you are still owed said item? Who the heck sends a lava tube in a bubble mailer? It should've been in a flat rate priority box.

Just sayin I'd be filing a claim with my cc if they don't replace it.

Chiku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Alberta, Canada
The courier companies I deal with (mind you it is in a different country) have a small amount of insurance which is basic for any package, usually $50.00, if we don't purchase insurance for the higher value the maximum we can claim is 50. Also, whoever paid the courier for shipping has to file the claim (even if I paid the shipper for it, the shipper paid the courier). This is for UPS, DHL, etc, but it might be worth checking out just in case.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
Have a congenial conversation with your local post master, not some counter/phone personnel.

Won't do much good either. A couple years ago I was having almost every packaged opened before they made it to me. I started taking pics of them all. I went to talk to the postmaster & was super nice & cool about it. Told him what was going on & he all but came out & called me a liar to my face. I showed him the pics & his reply was I could've done it. I left angry but the more I thought about it I just got more & more angry about it. Did some Google fu & found the investigative dept info for the postal service & called them. They seemed very interested, took my info & actually called me a few times for follow up. I don't know whatever came of it but we do have a new postmaster now. I'm sure that's just coincidence but I haven't had any issues with open packages in awhile.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Yeah, it is certainly not your fault, and I do agree that the item has to be delivered to you for them to have fulfilled their part of the consideration for the contract. You agreed to pay X for an item provided it was in working order when you received it, they need to make it right for you. It is certainly a bad situation. I do feel for you and I hope it gets resolved swiftly and to your satisfaction.

That said, the USPS is a disgrace. I always get condescension, a patronizing tone, and complete lack of empathy to go along with the minimal cooperation every time I have been to the Post Office. Let me tell you, if I need something badly, I use Fed Ex or UPS. You know when I deal with their personnel, I get a first rate customer service experience. Like they are glad to have my business or something.

I allow the rodeo clowns at the USPS to deliver only non-critical items.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Two things.
The USPS is a government agency. Therefore the money it makes goes into the U.S. budget and they then get an allocated budget which has no more kept up with the economy than any other government agency. They pay less and less to their people compared to what things cost simply by not giving raises. If all that money they pull in we're actually given to USPS the. The carriers, sorters, etc. would be making top dollar!
Also, every time I go to the post office, here, they are pleasant and helpful. I'm actually pretty bad about picking up my mail from my box sometimes, and their PROPER procedure is to bundle it and place it in the package box placing a key to the package box for mr to get it.
After three times of getting a message that the box was too full and I had to go to the office to pick it up, the lady behind the counter asked me if I was out of town a lot. I told her that, no - I just forget to pick up some weeks. I had a new carrier the next week. Where I live, they take customer service very seriously. But they also know that it is not like that everywhere and some of them have shared stories with me of incidents like the one from the OP

Sweller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2011
St. louis
Here is how the package came
image.jpg
Volcano is being very cool about it. We shall see if anything comes from it. The juice I think I'm just screwed on. The mailman at my work is really cool so I told him about it and he just said good luck. He said that he has heard of a lot more expensive things getting lost. So not all usps workers I have encountered were bad just the ones at my local post office and my mail carrier who really seems to hate my vapemail which I don't get lol. I just can't believe that this happened 2 times in one week and I'm being pushed off left and right. I might have to go talk to my postmaster but I'm just not good with being angry as I'm in customer service and get yelled at all day myself. However I do take care of my customers!

Last edited:

GimmieMore

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
St Louis, MO
OP, sorry to hear about your troubles. :(

They don't care, however if you bought it from volcano directly & you didn't get your package with what you paid for in it then yes they need to replace it. You did your part you paid for a item. Your item still has not been recieved so you are still owed said item? Who the heck sends a lava tube in a bubble mailer? It should've been in a flat rate priority box.

Just sayin I'd be filing a claim with my cc if they don't replace it.

I got my Vamo in a bubble mailer. It was double wrapped, lol.

Flipside

Aug 13, 2012
New Jersey
Man I always hear about terrible situations happening to people regarding USPS, but my experience has always been pleasant. Whether it be priority or first class. Even if something ships from CA with first class it always seems to get across the country and to my house within 4 days and the expected delivery is always spot on. Never had a package go missing or damaged. I guess it depends on your local office, hell even on this past Friday snow storm, they delivered 4 hours early to make sure I get my packages on that day.

Just my 2 cents hope I don't jinx it, knock on wood.

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Man I always hear about terrible situations happening to people regarding USPS, but my experience has always been pleasant. Whether it be priority or first class. Even if something ships from CA with first class it always seems to get across the country and to my house within 4 days and the expected delivery is always spot on. Never had a package go missing or damaged. I guess it depends on your local office, hell even on this past Friday snow storm, they delivered 4 hours early to make sure I get my packages on that day.

Just my 2 cents hope I don't jinx it, knock on wood.

This has been my experience as well. Since I started vaping, I have been amazed at how quickly packages arrive. I have had things go across the country and to my mailbox in two days. Not every time, but enough to wow me. I have been fairly surprised because I haven't always had this luck with USPS. A couple of years ago my free coffee postcards were going missing, and amazon packages took forever. But for some reason I have had really good luck since I started vaping.

Ok now I am also knocking on wood. :)

ETA: I forgot to say to the OP, sorry about your package! That really stinks, and I hope they make it right.

Last edited:

Atlexus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2012
Norcross, GA
My USPS gets slower and worse every year! I used to get mail everyday around 1 years ago. Now I get mail at 7! I ordered a bunch of rbas last week and I checked the tracking constantly. It said delivered at 11am while another package said delivered at 630. I got the 630 package but the rbas were missing. Is freaking out thinking they delivered it to the wrong address so I went down to my USPS and tried to figure it what happened. After about an hour of waiting it turns out they had it and it was about to be returned to sender. I'm glad I got it before that buy I hour they get their act together!

-Atlexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread