USPS "Shipping Label Created" ... So, why don't they ship the package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Maybe I don't understand this USPS system very well ...

I am waiting for an order from a vape supplier in New York. This supplier sends me an email on 26 Dec and gives me the USPS tracking # for my package.

I wait a day and check the USPS tracking number which states that a "Shipping Label" was created on 26 Dec.

Now it's 30 Dec, and when I check the USPS tracking, it still says that a Shipping Label was created on 26 Dec.

So, what the heck is going on here? .... The tracking should now say that the package has left New York, but it don't.

Why would USPS not put the damned package on the truck and get it on it's way to me in Florida? How long does USPS want this package to sit there in the post office?

Anyone here ever have this same problem as me?

Confused ....

Last edited:

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
Correct me if I'm wrong, sometimes the vendor creates the shipping label in house through a USPS app + printer, and it doesn't mean it has actually been processed/received by USPS system itself, and also the USPS isn't real time, i think they do updates on their website in batches like in a timely interval. I'm going through a similar process with DHL/USPS with in state vendor..shipping label created on Dec 26, and barely processed/ship out Dec 30.

I order two packages out of state that have already arrived already that was ordered the same day. USPS system makes no sense to be quite honest.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
That's a good question..I live in CA and have a item in transit from Honolulu.. Placed the order a few days ago..got a valid tracking number stating a label has been created..this morning I got a tracking update saying it was accepted and picked up by USPS. it also said the expected delivery day will be Friday, Jan 2...
The tracking only updates if the package is scanned..sometimes they forget to scan it but I would think your item will show up soon..good luck!

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
So, your saying that this vendor may have created his own USPS shipping label and never got around to taking the package to the post office?

It's possible..or that USPS is really behind schedule. I had one vape mail delivered once and the USPS tracking # stated it was still in transit..or the reversed, "Delivered" and I got it next day.

Just don't rely on USPS system..have you contacted the vendor

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Don't know for sure but I think the shipping label is created when the supplier informs USPS that a parcel is ready to be picked up. USPS might only pick up parcels from the supplier once a day so USPS might not actually get the parcel for 24 hours after they create the label. Larger suppliers have multiple pickups a day. Smaller suppliers only get pickups once a day, and only if they have something to pick up.

Then it has to be driven to the USPS facility by a driver who is driving around picking up parcels from a bunch of different places. Then it has to be sorted and get entered into the system as received by USPS. No idea how long that might take.

It's while since I've done that stuff but that's how it used to work a few years ago.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Ok ... Well, you would think my tracking number would at least state that the package was being processed at the post office, don't ya think?

I am now concerned that this vendor was too lazy to even get the package to the post office ... but he was not too lazy to make a USPS shipping label.

shakes head !

BTW ... I have not contacted the vendor yet. He has never answered his phone anytime I have previously called, so I guess I need to email him.

Last edited:

miamc12321

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2014
Sterling, VA
Porkchopbun is right. That could be possible. The holidays could be a factor as well. Especially if it's a smaller shop. They could be backed up due to a lot of orders because of holiday orders. If they don't answer the phone, I agree an e-mail is in order. I hope the situation gets worked out.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, your saying that this vendor may have created his own USPS shipping label and never got around to taking the package to the post office?

Ding - Ding - Ding Winner, Winner. Chicken Dinner.

When I sell something on e-Bay, and make Shipping Label with Paypal, the Tracking info is Immediately sent to the Buyer.

Now, the Shipping Label may just sit on my desk for a Day or So. Or I might put it on a Package and the Package sits by my front door for a Week.

And none of this has Anything to do with the USPS.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I just hope I get my battery cap that was damaged when I received the iPV Mini from this supplier.

He said he would replace it for free.

BatteryCap.jpg

Last edited:

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
OP, out of curiosity, is this a juice vendor in NY. I only ask as I have had the same experience with a NY based juice vendor who I absolutely love, but the shipping seems to take longer in state than some out of state vendors I've used. I also think it may be because they make the shipping label upon order and then make the juice itself, so label to on the USPS truck could be two days right there.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Might be the vendor creates the label the same time as the order is processed. Part of the software, pick slip and label created at the same time.

I have had a package delivered and the status of the tracking was not updated until the next day.

Might as well stalk the mailman now.

This is a Very Common practice.

Orders come in thru the Web, and Somewhere in a Warehouse about 10 seconds later, a Packing List and a Shipping Label or printed on a Printer.

And as soon as the Printer Finishes Printing, the Tracking Number is e-Mail to the Buyer.

Now the Warehouse maybe Empty because it is Afterhours. Or a Weekend. And there might be 2,000 (3 Days worth) of Packing Lists/Shipping Labels in front of your order.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Well, from reading a few other threads here on the forum, I see that others have had issues with this vendor .... I just hope I get my battery cap that was damaged when I received the iPV Mini from this supplier.

He said he would replace it for free.

BatteryCap.jpg

I'm sure you will get a Replacement Cap. But it might take some time.

Because Many/Most hardware vendors Don't carry spare parts for APV's. So your Cap may have to come from the OEM / Wholesaler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread