Status
Not open for further replies.

Myshkin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Breckenridge
www.rockymountainvapor.com
Just wanted to post that we are noticing delayed shipments this week with USPS. THis is due to the bad weather effecting large parts of the country. Even if you are not in the area with bad weather it can cause a domino effect through the USPS system.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this but your packages should get there within a couple days of the USPS estimate.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I am so glad that I found this post. I have a friend in TX that placed an order with you. Tracking says shipped on the 3rd but, there are zero updates since it arrived at the PO. She has been very concerned about it as she had another package ship from your state the day after this one. The other package did indeed arrive on Saturday. Still no sign at all of the package from you.

Thanks for being proactive. I will let her know that she just needs to be patient for a few more days.

Myshkin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Breckenridge
Not sure the method for both packages but we actually have had more issues with priority. I think it is because priority uses airplanes more.
The last day a lot of the delayed packages finally started getting delivered and I hope she gets it soon. If it still hasn't updated in her area tell her to contact us.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Sorry it took me awhile to post back. As you know, she did indeed receive her package. RMV customer service is top notch and will be remembered. Thank you for that.

If anyone reading wonders, the delay was totally the fault of USPS and not RMV. They were actually very quick to ship.

JohnDoses

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2014
Louisville, KY USA
Speaking of delayed shipping, has anyone been affected by the sudden change that USPS has made, basically neglecting and "slowing down" their first class mail delivery? I currently have 3 packages in the mail that are over 7 days past their expected delivery date. In the last 5 years I have never had a package delivered late. I am pretty upset about this and it is going to affect all industries obviously.

Myshkin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Breckenridge
I haven't noticed any slow down with first class. When I wrote the first post in this thread things were awful for first class and priority but it was due to weather. The past week everything seems back to normal and first class packages are typically 2-3 days.
John did you hear this as a national change or is it maybe a change to your local sort facility or post office?

Some areas just have terrible service and understaffed offices. The only change I have heard with first class was dropping Saturday delivery but this still hasn't been approved. They talk about it every couple years but it never seems to pass thankfully.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I have talked to folks all over the country having issues with USPS delivery. I asked a person at my local PO the other day and she told me that they have closed many major distribution hubs during their cut backs. USPS is a mess everywhere right now.

Speaking of delayed shipping, has anyone been affected by the sudden change that USPS has made, basically neglecting and "slowing down" their first class mail delivery? I currently have 3 packages in the mail that are over 7 days past their expected delivery date. In the last 5 years I have never had a package delivered late. I am pretty upset about this and it is going to affect all industries obviously.

I have experienced the same. Never had a single issue with USPS deliveries until this past year.

Myshkin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Breckenridge
thanks for sharing the info with me. I will talk with my local office and see what they have heard. I hope things will get sorted out and times will remain good. I know a lot of people like to talk poorly of USPS but I have done this for 6 years and overall I am very happy with them. To be able to ship something for $5 and its gets there regularly in 2 days is great. Of course they make mistakes sometimes but it really hasn't been that common.
I use UPS and Fedex a lot for personal reasons since I live in the mountains. Shopping is very limited here so I do a lot of ordering online. I have had a lot of issues lately with UPS and Fedex, so in my experience they're all having a bad year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread