Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again folks and welcome back for today's review of the Aeglos P1 Pod mod from uwell. The Aeglos Pod Mod was provided to me from Sourcemore for the purpose of this review, at the end of the review I will leave a coupon code and a link to Sourcemore where you can purchase the Aeglos P1 Pod Mod for the price of $26.81 using the code. uwell has really raised the bar for performance with their releases recently and hopefully this Pod Mod is included, we will find out later but first lets get to know the Aeglos P1 Pod Mod.

COLOR CHOICES

UwellAeglosP1Kit20210617_3.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX

authentic-uwell-aeglos-p1-80w-pod-system-vape-mod-kit-olive-green-vw-580w-1-x-18650-40ml-02ohm-06ohm.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

Uwell_Aeglos_P1_Kit_Specification.jpg

LEATHER WRAPPED BATTERY COVER

UwellAeglosP1Kit20210617_4.jpg

FULLY ADJUSTABLE AIRFLOW

UwellAeglosP1Kit20210617_1.jpg

OPTIONAL 510 ADAPTER

2.webp

PRO-FOCS FLAVOR TECHNOLOGY

UwellAeglosP1Kit20210617_7.jpg

COMPATABLE COILS

UwellAeglosP1Kit20210617_5.jpg

TFT MULTI-COLOR DISPLAY SCREEN

Uwell_Aeglos_P1_Kit_TFT_Color_Screen.jpg

SELF ADAPT CHIPSET

Uwell_Aeglos_P1_Kit_Self_Adapt.jpg

TYPE-C 5V/2A FAST CHARGING ( REPLACEABLE 18650 )

Uwell_Aeglos_P1_Kit_Fast_Charging.jpg

authentic-uwell-aeglos-p1-80w-pod-system-vape-mod-kit-olive-green-vw-580w-1-x-18650-40ml-02ohm-06ohm.jpg

BREAKDOWN OF DEVICE

Uwell_Aeglos_P1_Kit_Overview.jpg

EASY AND SIMPLE TO OPERATE

Uwell_Aeglos_P1_Kit_Smooth_Operation.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

I have to say that UWELL has even upped their game with presentation as the boxed Aeglos P1 slides out of a outer sleeve the device lays in it's own cutout with extra o- rings and the 0.6Ω mesh coil inside a box next to it, no charge cable came with the device. The other coil is a 0.2Ω mesh that is pre-installed in the pod, the user manual, warning cards and weekly fan event card are housed in a nice black cardboard container. A ribbon protrudes from under the device at the top allowing you to easily pull up and remove the device.

20210712_131052.jpg

At first glance I loved it's appearance, color is a matt gunmetal so no fingerprints to be found. This is a C-FRAME styled device which is another favorite of mine when they fit secure with no play or wiggle, and the one I received fit solid and secure.

20210713_133259.jpg

Beginning at the top of this device are 2 airflow slots, 1 on each side of the device and you will notice no stub or lever to control the airflow because there are 2 fins on the pod that control airflow selection by turning the pod in either direction with hard stops. You will also notice as the review continues that branding on this device has been kept to a minimum with the only branding being embossed on both sides of the leather wrapped battery cover, UWELL is on one side and AEGLOS is on the other.

20210713_140553.jpg

The device ships with the 0.2Ω mesh coil pre-installed and has a piece of blue tape covering the contacts to stop the device from firing accidentally but this is not a built in internal battery device so I don't know why it ships this way, just remember to remove it before vaping.

The Aeglos P1 uses a very nice way to control airflow with 2 fins at the base of the pod that move back and forth opening or closing airflow through the airflow slots, the fins are highlighted with arrows on the left and the airflow slots on the device are highlighted with arrows on the right, just turn the pod to control airflow. The 3 magnets on the pod are so strong it just pulls the pod out of your fingers when attaching it to the device.

20210713_160432.jpg

UwellAeglosP1Cartridge20210618_1_2048x.jpg

BOTTOM FILL POD

Battery polarity is clearly marked inside the device with a - symbol at the top and a + symbol at the bottom, at the top is a spring loaded contact. Install your battery by pressing up on the contact with the negative side then slide the battery into place, battery installs easily because the contact's resistance is not super stiff.

20210718_090839.jpg

The battery cover can only attach one way because of the shape of the top and bottom.

20210713_162858.jpg

When I tell you that the Aeglos P1 is a looker I'm not exaggerating in the least, the amount of detail that UWELL put into this device is way above board not just on appearance but also in the chip that I'll discuss later on. Covering the battery door is a leather wrap that has 2 rows of perfectly stitched accents running vertically.

20210713_140431.jpg

You will notice that UWELL ships the Aeglos P1 with a protective display screen sticker, I like to keep these protective stickers on as long as I can so you will see it in every picture of the display screen.

Speaking of the display screen I will tell you it's bright and vivid with a multi-colored layout that's large enough to read without squinting , information is laid out well but because this is a wattage only device I don't know why they displayed ( POW ) short for power on the display screen, maybe future devices using this chipset will have a option for TC, Curves or Bypass.

The way it is now on this device makes it so easy and simple to operate because there is no menu system to speak of just 4 button combinations to remember that I'll mention later on. Buttons are laid out as most devices have them with power/fire at the top and the wattage up/down buttons next to each other above the type-c charge port.

The display uses 6 different colors in it that are orange, yellow, green, white, blue and red. Screen layout is as follows left to right and top to bottom.

* POWER - ( ORANGE COLOR )

* BATTERY BAR - ( GREEN, BLUE, RED )

* WATTAGE ( ORANGE )

* PUFF COUNTER ( YELLOW )

* VOLTS ( GREEN )

* COIL ( OHMS ) - (GREEN )

* TIME ( SECONDS VAPED ) - ( GREEN )

* ( NUMBERS ARE WHITE )

20210718_075708.jpg

One thing that is odd is that the display screen stays lit up for 1 minute after firing the device, there is no way to shorten the time it stays lit.

I mentioned the color blue and red earlier and they show in the battery bar as the capacity decreases, fully charged the battery bar is green in color with 5 separate little bars, as the battery decreases 2 bars the entire battery bar turns blue in color, another decrease of 2 bars turns the bar red in color and at this point the battery should be charged or replaced.

When I first tested the device I wanted to check for a boost circuit so I let the battery drain down to 1 bar and all the time it vaped like the battery was full so I'M guessing it has boost circuitry in the chipset, at the very end of battery life, a good number of vapes it does get anemic.

20210718_053409.jpg

20210718_072355.jpg

BUTTON COMBINATIONS

* On/Off - 5 Presses of the fire button

* Locking/Unlocking the entire device - Press and hold fire and down buttons simultaneously

* Locking/Unlocking Wattage adjustment - Press and hold fire and up buttons simultaneously

* Clearing puff counter - Press and hold up and down buttons simultaneously

* Factory reset - Press and hold all 3 buttons simultaneously

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

This is the 3rd UWELL device that I've reviewed recently and with each new release of a device they just keep getting better. I first reviewed the original Aeglos Pod System back in December of last year and still use it almost daily as a second flavor device at work because of it's lightweight with a built in battery and great coils for flavor, recently I reviewed the Havok that even stepped it up a notch and it travels with me as well.

When I was asked to review the Aeglos P1 of course I said yes because of past experiences with their products. UWELL is known for great tanks and great coils and the Aeglos P1 continues the word great.

Appearance of the Aeglos P1 alone is a 10 with coils that put out fantastic flavor. The 0.6 Ω mesh coil is more of a RDL vape in my opinion because it just doesn't feel like a MTL coil but I can enjoy it vaping RDL.

The 0.2Ω mesh coil however is more my style and I really enjoy it more than the 0.6. The vape is sharp with flavor and always taste saturated, no hint of a dry hit chain vaping.

This device can reach 80 watts but no coils at present time are able to handle that much wattage but sold separately is a optional 510 connecter so you can indeed use the full 80 watts or at least get close to it but battery life will be short.

It does not state anywhere in the manual of on UWELL's website that this has boost circuitry but I'm guessing that it does and it works very well, I get the same vape from a fully charged device down to a bit past the single battery bar.

Buttons all feel nice and response time is quick. Ergonomics are great either thumb of finger firing.

UWELL put some thought in when making this device all the way from the pod being lightly tinted to it airflow design using the pod itself down to the display screens multi colors.

The smart wattage feature looks like it's here to stay and should be on future devices and that's a big plus as well.

As you can tell I really like this device and have ordered more coils for it as well as the Havok device I reviewed earlier this month.

I mentioned earlier that I would provide a coupon code as well as a link to purchase the Aeglos P1 at Sourcemore for $26.81 with code AEP1

Uwell Aeglos P1 Kit 80W Pod Mod Kit

I would like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for providing the Aeglos P1 for the purpose of this review and I also hope this review helped anyone looking to purchase the Aeglos P1 Mod Pod.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread