hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Back again. Today with a review on the uwell Aeglos pod mod kit that was sent to me in order to do a fair and honest review by Sourcemore. I know some of you are thinking “Oh great, yet another pod device”. While it is true that the market is saturated with pod devices, once in a while you come across one that stands out a little bit from the crowd. I believe that the Aeglos is one that stands out a little. Every device has one or two things that one might prefer changed and this one is no different in that case but for the performance given, I think it’s worth taking a look at. I’m getting a little ahead of myself so will stop there for now and get down to the contents and specifications first.

upload_2021-1-3_12-9-56.jpg

What’s in the box?

1* Aeglos Pod System
    1* UN2 Meshed-H 0.23ohm Aeglos Coil (Pre-installed DTL)
    1* 0.8ohm Aeglos Coil (MTL)
    1* Type-C Cable
    1* User's manual
    1* Pack of O-rings

Specifications:

• 1. Fast charging with type-c charging port
    • 2. 0.96 inch OLED screen
    • 3. Fast top filling, easy to remove mouthpiece
    • 4. Silicone check valve to avoid e-liquid leakage
    • 5. Self-cleaning technology to reduce leakage
    • 6. Free to enjoy DTL and MTL
    • 7. Pro-FOCS flavor testing technology
    • 8. Puff counter to know your frequency
    • 9. 1500mAh built-in battery

First Impressions:

Once again as in many other reviews, the packaging is pretty standard. An outer sleeve that slides off revealing a box with a slip off top and the contents neatly displayed inside. Included in the kit is the Aeglos device, one pod with the .23 ohm coil for DTL pre-installed, a .8 ohm coil for MTL, a USB-C charging cable, some o rings, and a user manual.

Having only seen pictures online prior to receiving this for review, I didn’t realize that the body of the device is in fact square and not rectangular as I had thought. It’s not heavy and it’s not light. The Aeglos has a nice feel in the hand with the tapered corners and has to me just the right weight for a device like this. At first glance, you might think it doesn’t have airflow control but in fact it does. I’ll talk more about that later.

From top to bottom, the .96 inch OLED screen displays POW with the battery meter beside it. Next is the wattage setting in large type followed by VOLT, COIL, TIME, and PUFF. The fire button is above the screen while the + and – buttons are below like many other devices. The charging port is on the bottom and with the USB-C charging, the 1500mah battery will charge in about an hour. Also on the bottom are three vent holes which I’ve noticed lately doing so many reviews that some devices do not have venting like this one does.

The menu system is fairly simple. Five clicks of the fire button will turn the device on and off. The Aeglos does have an 8 second cutoff if the fire button is not released. Pressing the fire button and the – button will completely lock or unlock the device from adjustment or firing. Pressing the fire button and the + button will lock or unlock only the + and – buttons keeping you from adjusting the wattage but will still fire. To reset the puff counter then press the + and – buttons simultaneously.

I tried the preinstalled coil first which was the .23 which I liked at 40 watts with the airflow mostly open. The flavor produced was very good with a large quantity of vapor for a pod mod. I have been known to take shorter puffs than some but got about 220 puffs on a full charge. The .8 coil was run at 16 watts with the airflow closed down to about 1/3 for an airy MTL that I really enjoyed. At that setting I was able to get right around 400 puffs before having to recharge. As you can see in the picture, the Aeglos does in fact have an airflow adjustment but it is hidden underneath the pod so the pod has to be removed in order to turn the airflow adjustment. Some will grunt and groan at this but to me it’s not a big deal. I normally set the airflow on a device and leave it there or at least it’s very seldom adjusted after the initial time. With the airflow completely closed, it’s still a fairly airy MTL so those looking for the super tight MTL probably won’t like this.

One feature that I like very much is how the pod is filled. It is basically the same as the Xros if you are familiar with that one. You simply tilt the mouthpiece to one side to expose the fill port. Not only is there a fill port but it is self-sealing once the tip of the bottle is removed. In the center is where the coil is so do not drip liquid there. Opposite of the fill port is a simple air hole to let air escape while filling so the liquid doesn’t back up on you.

Final Thoughts:

I very much enjoyed using the Uwell Aeglos. It is comfortable to hold and performs very well in flavor and vapor production. I know it’s only a 1500mah battery but it seemed to last quite some time for me.

I found the display to be bright and easily visible. That along with the simple interface and controls made it a pleasure to use. That being said, the only real downside that I can see to this device is that the pod has to be removed to adjust the airflow. I’m just glad that they put the thought into it to actually include an airflow control. For me, that feature makes or breaks many pod devices.

I found the pod on the unit I received to be very tight going on and off and could not see it coming off by accident. I actually had a slight problem inserting it the first couple times but do not any longer. One other nice feature about this device is the patented self-cleaning technology which helps in preventing leaking or condensation build up.

So, would I recommend it? If you are looking for a solid pod mod that will do DTL and airy MTL with great flavor and vapor production then Yes! I have to admit that this one surprised me. It seems like I’ve tried so many pod mods but this one does stand out a little. Hopefully I’ve shared enough to help my make a decision as to whether this might be a good kit to add to your vaping arsenal.

As always, thanks to Sourcemore and Lilia for sending the Uwell Aeglos pod mod kit for review. Also thanks to my dedicated readers. You know who you are. Below is a link to the device on the Sourcemore website and they have been nice enough to allow me to include a coupon code for new registered customers that will get you 8% off sitewide.

https://www.sourcemore.com/uwell-aeglos-pod-kit.html

Coupon code: SM8OFF(8% off sitewide)

Fun Fact: I've wondered where the companies come up with the names for these devices. I did a little googlefu and found that the name Aeglos means " snow point" and is a reference to a weapon used by someone in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Anyway, now you know.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Great review as always Hitt and like you I'm also a reviewer as you know and have reviewed the Aeglos and as the Aeglos did for you you it surprised me with all the positives that it has, so much so it's sill in my device rotation and still producing great flavor as well as vapor. The devices 1hr charge time makes it a winner also. I would have to put it in the top 5 Pods of this class as of todays date.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    As you know all to well new vape gear keeps coming in to be reviewed and prior gear has to be boxed up and put away but I see the Aeglos sitting in it's rotation spot for some time yet for myself.

I just boxed up three from my last three reviews. I hated to do it but I already had 12 in rotation.

Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    So the original coils are still holding up for you? I’m sure you’ve gotten more puffs on the counter than me since you’ve had it longer.
    I have many fills in the Pod and was getting 166 vapes on a full charge but it's improved to 180-184 and yes flavor is still there.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Good review, I've been looking for a pod mod for out and about(if this pandemic ever stops.) The only negative that I see is that it's a bit expensive.

If you have an account, log in for better pricing. When I log in it shows $20.29 for the kit.

Reactions: dennism
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread