uwell and other tank users that use high or max vg liquids conversation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
To start, this is a generalisation post for conversation. So i've been using my uwell crown for about month and a half now and love it. Have it sitting on a evic vtc mini, which for me is a great little setup. So i pick up a pack of .5 coils (all my b&m had left :/) and i thought i would get a little crazy and pick up some max vg juice. People rant and rave about how the uwell coils a great for high vg liquids and produce nicely and so on. So i went to another local b&m that had more of a selection of high vg liquids and picked of a 30ml of e liqcube's twisted kiwi all maxed out. Get it home prime up a new coil and vape it up. At first i got some of the flavor as i continued to vape it got fainter and fainter. It's still their but its not like a a giant burst of flavor. also i noticed that it gets hot quick. Now i am accounting for being max vg that it gets hot, and takes some time to get up to peak flavor temperature. alos accounting for it being a .5 coil. Wanting some new .25 or nickel coils. Wicks beautifully. i'm running anything between 50 and 62.5 watts on a coil read of .52. I'm just wondering anyone else's observations with high vg juices. I've had one other max vg juice which was the milkman and i ran that in my v1 subtank mini ( fyi not bad but don't recommend unless you have at least 3 spare coils) on a istick 30w, which also was not a good call. One of the reasons why upgraded to the evic. Anywho any conversing much appreciated
Thanks all

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
First off, if its flavor you're after, maxing out VG is not the way to go. It will give you lovely clouds but it dulls the flavor as compared to a high PG liquid in my experience.
I'm not amazed it gets hot quick either. 60W is a considerable amount of power for a .5 single coil assuming you are vaping in power mode. (In TC mode it does not matter really)
You could try a 70/30 juice @40W to see if it improves flavor.

Reactions: Susan Wolf
First off, if its flavor you're after, maxing out VG is not the way to go. It will give you lovely clouds but it dulls the flavor as compared to a high PG liquid in my experience.
I'm not amazed it gets hot quick either. 60W is a considerable amount of power for a .5 single coil assuming you are vaping in power mode. (In TC mode it does not matter really)
I do a 70/30 juice at 40W and it has awesome flavor.

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
I mix most of my juices around 70% VG. I have a few that are closer to 95% VG, but they are made with high VG flavorings. I've tried the same mixes at 50% VG and don't notice any change in the flavor, but they seem to steep faster. Makes sense that since PG is a lot thinner it would absorb flavors faster. I don't like the throat hit from PG though and I have a slight sensitivity to it so high VG is my only option.

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
i tend to buy 70/30 blends i just wanted to mix it up a tad with a max vg. Like i said in original post i've had the milkman before which was great flavor but this is eliqcube a company that is known for its 50/50 blends maxing out their best sellers. I was never really a real fan of eliqcube their flavors tend to lack for my taste buds. i have a dedicated high coil so you would think being a fresh coil flavor would be good. Only one i liked from eliqcube is their pink starburst flavor. I wanted to try them maxed out and not really impressed still. I prefer the secondary line called eloquent. I've tried a few liquids from the vaping rabbit, which is a high vg/ max vg line which is great in flavor. So you can get flavor out of max vg but just how much? Im also looking for other max vg/ high vg lines. I know of velvet cloud, and vaping rabbit but that's about it. So i'm going to switch back to my normal coil and my bottle of telious milk. A guaranteed flavorful vape

tomitom12

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2014
marina, california
There's a juice company called Ten-Ninety that makes 90% VG (hence the name) juices. They are all pretty tasty. Their cinnamon roll flavor (I think it's called "fourteener") is awesome. Permafrost is good too, but it's SUPER menthol-y. Great if you have a cold.
thanks for the recommendation will look into it sounds tasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread