Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Picked up a uwell Blocks and so far it’s been a real treat to use. It’s a single 18650 unregulated squonker with a 15ml bottle that is fed via a pump. The pump action is very well done – nice large button that depresses easily. Probably the nicest pump action squonker I’ve come across so far (it joins my Smoant and Asmodus pump-based squonkers).

The bottle is hard plastic and seems pretty durable. Hopefully it will be, since you only get one. Up to a 24mm atty fits well. Have been through a number of refills and so far 100% leak free.

It comes in three designs but only the gray one looked even vaguely appealing to my eye. It actually looks better in person than in a photo since the sticker with the design is really well done. It has depth to it – all the rivets in the design are raised up so you can feel them, as well as other design elements. It gives it more depth and realism than you would expect from a sticker. Still, I would have rather had it be just plain metal.

Build quality is pretty nice. Good solid feel to it. Filling the bottle is totally mess-free even for my old hands. The battery is easy to pop out but stays put when in with zero rattles. No rattles on the fire button either. There’s an LED indicator in the fire button that serves as a battery gauge and flashes should there be a fault.

So far it’s impressed me enough that I’d get another under normal circumstances. The only thing holding me back is that the sticker designs of the blue and black ones are really unappealing, and I don’t want to get a second one in the same color.

I got the kit which includes an rda. Have yet to build that, but it looks to be a decent, although not terribly exciting, 2 post side airflow dripper. I’ve been mostly using this with smaller 22mm attys that I tend to oversquonk on regular squonkers, or mesh attys that are thirsty enough to benefit drinking from a 15ml bottle.

Unknown is the durability of the pump action. Unlike the Smoant, which has all the moving parts in the “bottle” so a new bottle has all new pump guts, the pump for the uwell is inside the mod and not serviceable without a full tear-down. Doesn’t look easy to take apart.

For under $50 I’m happy with the kit. Some poor quality pics (with the Nudge 22):

block1.jpg
block2.jpg
blocks3.jpg

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Is the nudge the RDA that comes with the kit ??

No - it comes with the Nunchaku RDA made by Uwell. I haven't tried it yet so I can't say if it's decent or not.

I'm pretty sure they would sell more Blocks if they did, in fact, bundle it with the Nudge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread