uwell crown 4 kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

colin hunter

Feb 9, 2019
hi everyone ive recently purchased a uwell crown 4 kit after becoming frustrated with smok stock coils reading and watching reviews i decided this was for me but i’m having troubles with it spitting and getting hot i changed the coil as i thought i had a dud but the same problem is still happens i get juice in the well where the drip tip sits any advice would be welcome thanks

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
hi everyone ive recently purchased a uwell crown 4 kit after becoming frustrated with smok stock coils reading and watching reviews i decided this was for me but i’m having troubles with it spitting and getting hot i changed the coil as i thought i had a dud but the same problem is still happens i get juice in the well where the drip tip sits any advice would be welcome thanks
How do you prime your coils when putting in a new one? When does it start spitting; right after changing, when it gets hot, after you've been vaping on it for a while? What is your airflow like?

Reactions: colin hunter

colin hunter

Feb 9, 2019
How do you prime your coils when putting in a new one? When does it start spitting; right after changing, when it gets hot, after you've been vaping on it for a while? What is your airflow like?
i just prime with a small amount on the sides and a drop on the top of the coils put the tank together close the air flow fill the tank then draw about five times without firing then leave for five to soak . air flow full open and gets hot after about ten to fifteen vapes over a ten mins spell . it spits six time out of ten thought it was just setting in but been doing it everyday i am vaping at 50 w instead of the recommended wattage witch it 60w at 60 it spits all the time thanks for your reply

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
yeah is it the wrong way round i’m relatively new only been vaping 7 months
Not really, just wanted to make sure. Best not to assume if they're not marked vg pg sometimes.
Your liquid should be thick enough. You could try even lower wattage with less airflow. Or even higher wattage with shorter puffs, airflow wide open. I know you said higher wattage is worse but frequently it seems like the coil is not vaporizing enough of the liquid that is getting to the coil in these situations.
Try to dry it out by twisting a thin piece of paper towel or similar thing and stick it down the tip to soak up any juice stuck in the path of the airflow. Be a little gentle so you don't push around the coil if you get to it, but don't worry about that too much. This will at least give you a fresh starting point.
Last option is to explore a different resistance coil, you may be happier with the way it performs.

colin hunter

Feb 9, 2019
Not really, just wanted to make sure. Best not to assume if they're not marked vg pg sometimes.
Your liquid should be thick enough. You could try even lower wattage with less airflow. Or even higher wattage with shorter puffs, airflow wide open. I know you said higher wattage is worse but frequently it seems like the coil is not vaporizing enough of the liquid that is getting to the coil in these situations.
Try to dry it out by twisting a thin piece of paper towel or similar thing and stick it down the tip to soak up any juice stuck in the path of the airflow. Be a little gentle so you don't push around the coil if you get to it, but don't worry about that too much. This will at least give you a fresh starting point.
Last option is to explore a different resistance coil, you may be happier with the way it performs.

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
When you prime a new coil have in mind that it is the cotton you need to saturate gently on the perimeter of coil,don't drop juice into the center.And if you are pulling hard and/or chain vaping you draw juice from tank to coil whice makes it flood and gives spit back.Try steady smooth inhales.
Cheers

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This is a demo video for the original Crown tank, on how to prime the coils and "break in" the coils.

I think that you may be taking too strong/hard of a draw when you vape. You could be drawing in more eliquid into the wick than the coil can vaporize, so the excess floods the air chamber. Take more gentle and short duration draws.

What you are experiencing also could be nothing more than condensation that has accumulated from the vapor. Just take a Q-tip down into the mouthpiece and air chamber of the tank to get rid of the excess.

Last edited:

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
th

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Just a thought, I have a new crown 4 and got the mesh coils a week later using 55 watts and 70vg...no spiting at all. I found the mesh to be better at lower wattage vs the supplied wound coil. When using wound coils I generally increase watts until the spitting is reduced, then adjust air flow. I found that the mesh coils are more efficient offering rich flavor at lower wattage with improved battery life. Very impressed with the tank design and quality.

Reactions: colin hunter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread