Uwell Crown I vs Tobeco Super Tank Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

oSt*

Feb 27, 2016
I've recently started vaping and own a kangertech topbox mini kit. I think I'm ready to buy a new tank at this time and would really appreciate your input on this. I got fed up with my kangertech toptank because of the tight air draws and the mediocre flavor. I even tried the ceramic coils which do have a great improvement on flavor but still come with their leaking issues. I've tried the tobeco supertank mini and absolutely love the flavor and wide air holes on it. It gives me a very smooth air draw and great vapor production. It also comes close to zero leaking issues. On the other hand, the uwell crown I has its superb reviews online. So many reviewers and users swear by it and its great flavor. I haven't tried it so I really don't know. My question is, does it have a smooth air draw, wide air holes and great vapor production as the tobeco? Also in regards to flavor, how does it compare? The tobeco is not a juice guzzler but any thoughts on the uwell? I'd like to stick with my current kangertech 75 watt, so would the uwell be a good fit for that? I also don't want to have to vape at higher wattage to get decent clouds and vapor production so I don't run my battery out in a couple hours. I know the wattage is directly related to what type of coil I use but I'm asking for a general approach. My sweet spot is betwen 30 to 35 watts.

I also looked into the tobeco super tank but did not find as good reviews about it as the mini. If anyone has both tanks I would really appreciate your input.

One of the other tanks is the Uwell crown II, but the online reviews on it are 50/50 in regards to the coils not tasting so good, hot spot issues and leaking.

I know my question is quite long but I would really appreciate your expert advice on this!!

Thanks for your patience and thanks for your quality advice in advance!

GraceK

Feb 15, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Hi oSt, I'm clearly a little bit late in reply to this thread. But perhaps it's still useful since everyone needs 15 tanks, haha.

I like the build on the UWell just fine, but geez, those dry hits drive me crazy. It's not an intermittent dry hit but once it starts, it requires I loosen the top and then put it back on tight, take a draw (good) and then repeat. Total PITA. It's something about finding that perfect mix of how the top and bottom are closed, enabling more or less airflow to draw without getting a dry hit. I figured out that if I loosen the cap, it doesn't happen but if I leave it loosened, I have juice all over the table.
There's a magic spot where 1/25 times I seem to find where the bottom is just-so and the top, once filled, is just-so. But then I have to refill and the whole deal's off again.
(Just to note, I usually have that on a 200W mod at about 60-65W.)

Personally, having tried way too many tanks, the "best" in terms of always being reliable and drawing beautifully is the SMOK TFV8 'Cloud Beast' -- the thing works like a well-oiled machine with the biggest atomizer you've ever seen in your life. Reliable and flavorful with great vapor production too. But be forewarned--while it is the "best," I believe it actually drinks more liquid than I do in a day. Like, it guzzles! So...extra juice for BMW-like reliabillty? I guess it depends on how much your juice is and how wealthy you feel.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Pay no mind to those bad online reviews about the Crown II tanks , anyone who gives a tank bad reviews over the factory coils is not worth paying attention to .

Crown has long fixed that issue , (the lime green O ring factory heads) are the ones that blew me away , each coil head lasted over 3 weeks of constant vaping and the flavor was amazing. Outstanding tank just make sure you buy good replacement coils (the latest) not old stock.

If you want the best flavor the RBA is the thing to test it's capability with anyway , never factory coils .

It's the best tank i own , outstanding flavor , never leaks and the Rafale RBA that fits it is OUTSTANDING .
It's the best RBA kit i have bought.

It's vastly superior to the Original Crown's RBA head kit .

I do not have the Tobeco so i cannot comment on it.

Reactions: Hyperspace
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread