UWELL Crown IV Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShamrockPat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 5, 2015
    Grand Forks, ND
    • Will there ever be an rba for this tank?
    • You have 2 SS coils and the first to use SS904. Do you have a TCR value we (Temp control) vapers can use for them?
    • In the past you've used Nickel wire for coil legs, then attached SS for the core. Is this the same for this tank.
    Not holding my breath.

Uwell_Elle

Unregistered Supplier
    May 14, 2018
    • Will there ever be an RBA for this tank?
    • You have 2 SS coils and the first to use SS904. Do you have a TCR value we (Temp control) vapers can use for them?
    • In the past you've used Nickel wire for coil legs, then attached SS for the core. Is this the same for this tank.
    Not holding my breath.

Hi Wayneo!

No, there won't be an RBA for the Crown IV Tank.

As for your second question, we do not have a TCR value yet. The team will contact the R&D to have it tested.

Yes, it is the same for this tank. We still use Nickel Wire for coil legs.

Uwell_Elle

Unregistered Supplier
    May 14, 2018
    Not holding my breath.

Hi Wayneo!

The TCR value for the SS904L is 0.00140 ±0.00020.

Have a good day!

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Not holding my breath.

Hi Wayneo!

Have a good day!

... I have investigated this, and this is what I came up with:

Looking it up on metallurgy sites, I got a PDF of values for ss904l as seen here.

That PDF shows the value to be 0.0000952 .

I've talked with experienced vapers, with the Crown IV tank / SS coils, and they say TCR #85 works the best.

Honestly hadn't thought about Uwell possibly using nickel-legged SS coils......!

@Uwell_Elle , what type of metal is that TCR value for ? We'd all like to know, I'm sure !

I've ordered my Crown IV from myUwell.com, it's on the way here !

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Hey vapers !
    Got my new uWell Crown IV tank in black, on Saturday from myuwell.com .

Great taste, better than the Crown III, I like it.

However, the 1st thing I wanted to do was change the glass to the 5ml straight glass.

Couldn't do it. The manual says to simply 'turn clockwise' but this only tightens the coil base.

EDIT: Found a video that shows the removal of the glass, Completely NOT how it's explained in the instructions, which shouldn't surprise anyone.
    Seems very simple, just remove base and cap, and slide the glass off. Neat.

Oh, and, according to teardowns, it seems the Crown IV coils do not have nickel legs .....

Also, I saw somewhere that the Crown IV is part zinc alloy. Any info on this ?

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    That PDF shows the value to be 0.0000952 .

CORRECTION/ADDITION: 0.0000952 is actually TCR #9.

I've been using it on TCR #85, as per advice from vapers, and it seems to operate fairly well.
    TCR #9, simply doesn't work.

Tried the recommendation from @Uwell_Elle , set at #140, it's a fair vape, but 85 seems to operate better with the TC behavior.

I'm LOVING this new Crown 4, and will do a review ASAP.

Cheers !

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I'm LOVING this new Crown 4, and will do a review ASAP.

Awesome, ECF accepted my review ! Click here to see it !
    Thanks, @Misty , for the edit, made a mistake on the URL there on last line, meant to say this forum's name !

Enjoy your Crown IV and chime in with tips, tricks, observations, images.... and let's see how these age !

Uwell_Elle

Unregistered Supplier
    May 14, 2018
    Awesome, ECF accepted my review ! Click here to see it !
    Thanks, @Misty , for the edit, made a mistake on the URL there on last line, meant to say this forum's name !

Enjoy your Crown IV and chime in with tips, tricks, observations, images.... and let's see how these age !

Thank you so much for doing a review! We truly appreciate it! Have a great day vaping!

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I've talked with experienced vapers, with the Crown IV tank / SS coils, and they say TCR #85 works the best.

BIG thanks goes out to @Anthony_Vapes , for the recommendation of TCR #85 for the Crown IV's SS 904l coils.
    Works great.
    I've got it on 45 watts, 400 F, 0.25 ohm resistance. Set it 1 point higher from the 0.24 it read, for the TCR to function properly.
    The TCR setting makes sense, because SS 316l is TCR #88.
    On some mods, this will show as 0.0085 .
    I adjust temp and wattage according to the latest vape desire of mine. Sometimes I want it harder-hitting, most of the time I like it mellow.
    Don't worry, I'll stop yapping soon.
    tried to view review but it’s saying i don’t have permission

Not sure why you can't review, maybe it has to do with being a Verified Member, or, maybe you need to be a member for a longer period. I see you've just joined 4 days previous to this post, not sure if you need a minimum post amount, or, you need to verified.
    This question is better asked either in the New Members section, or, in Forum How-To's .

Thank you so much for doing a review! We truly appreciate it! Have a great day vaping!

Thank YOU for accepting my review, and posting it, if you had a hand in it.
    Also, thanks for creating the threads and representing the brand here on ECF, for the Crown IV Checkmate!
    Yes, I am having a great day vaping my Crown IV tank. Should be getting coils from uwell any day now.
    I am in California also, about 200 miles north of the City Of Industry :) .
    Happily vaping. Off the tobacco. I don't even vape tobacco juice, been since 2013 that I quit the tobacco flavors.

Having GOOD FLAVORS is KEY to me staying off tobacco.

SUPPORT yout local vape activists, and/or BECOME one. Let's save these wonderful devices from possible extinction !

Oh, and by the way, there's another discussion of the whole Crown IV Checkmate Kit right here. You might wanna check out both threads.

Vape on !

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Uwell_Elle

DJ Colonel Corn

The Vapor Ninja
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    My Crown IV Checkmate Tank is still dry as the sahara !!!!
    Loving this tank still, and I can say, rumors of the coils losing taste after 2 days are false.
    The rumor was started by a youtube reviewer, I've seen the video. Awful review.

So, no leaks, great flavor/action .... waiting to see what other coils get produced for this tank !

(by the way....
    15% DISCOUNT ON ALL UWELL PRODUCTS
    Promotion Period: March 1, 2019 - March 5, 2019
    Promo Code - UWELLMARDIGRAS2019 ..that's myuwell.com !)

:)

Last edited:

Uwell_Elle

Unregistered Supplier
    May 14, 2018
    My Crown IV Checkmate Tank is still dry as the sahara !!!!
    Loving this tank still, and I can say, rumors of the coils losing taste after 2 days are false.
    The rumor was started by a youtube reviewer, I've seen the video. Awful review.

So, no leaks, great flavor/action .... waiting to see what other coils get produced for this tank !

(by the way....
    15% DISCOUNT ON ALL UWELL PRODUCTS
    Promotion Period: March 1, 2019 - March 5, 2019
    Promo Code - UWELLMARDIGRAS2019 ..that's myuwell.com !)

:)
    We are happy to hear that! Thank you so much for all the support!!! We truly appreciate it! Have a great vape day!

CasketWeaver

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 20, 2014
    Decatur, IL 62521
    @Uwell_Elle

Just got a CROWN IV yesterday, don't know what batch they are on, but a few suggestions for you guys out there, double check your mouth pieces. Mine doesn't fit flush against the top cap (intentional or unintentional), and the AFC ring tends to seem a bit "grindy". Either something is caught between the AFC ring and the top (and in my case the bottom too) of the base. Other than that stuff, the tank performs exceptionally well. I will use it for my more POTENT flavors (heavy mints and cinnamon bases).

Also, any plans to release plated tank sections to match the bodies? Really in love with the color of the rest of the tank, thought it would be neat to have a glass (or metal) tank section that matched it.

Reactions: Uwell_Elle
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread