The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Uwell Crown OG owners...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Kittyntwinstarz, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kittyntwinstarz

Kittyntwinstarz Senior Member Verified Member

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    Hey so I bought these 2 packs of coils. The top is a .5 and bottom is a .25. I just realized the .5 has a metal band around the top. I don’t recall this with the one that came with the tank. Does it need to be removed or leave it on.

Also how do I prime it with that in place? I assume by putting the juice around the center of the coil?

*Note both of these packages had the Uwell certificate of authenticity*
    EC73DC2E-EEE1-4C46-A380-807500D19B28.jpeg

2. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I use the 0.5 ohm coils. I've never seen that "band" that you're holding at the top before. I don't even see a coil or wick in there. Something is amiss, it doesn't even appear to be a coil head because I can see your skin inside whatever it is that you're holding. :blink:

I don't have an explanation, just that it doesn't look right. Are all of the coils in the 0.5 ohm pack just like the top thingie?

The coils should look like these below. You can easily see the wire coil and the cotton wick. The 0.15, 0.5, and 0.25 coils look identical except for the ohm identification markings on the side.

[​IMG]

Where did you purchase the coil packs? If it was a vape shop, return them and ask for an explanation and replacement. If online, contact the vendor for a replacement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Ipster

Ipster Super Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I hate to say it, but you might have a dud? Mis-machined? Let us know if you create a way to prime that puppy.
    Sadly even with certificate of authenticity, I find coils can be hit & miss for the buck or two they cost us. Im not happy about it, but doubt Im alone in saying we sometimes have a five pack with a dud or two.
    This band is just an unknown?! Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Are you sure the head on top is for the crown 1?

• Like Like x 2
  5. madstabber

madstabber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It looks like the piece on top was supposed to be machined off and was never completed. I wouldn’t think that was possible but I have no idea how they are made. Is there still cotton and a coil inside? I would send the picture to who ever you bought the coils from and ask for a refund or replacement. That is a defective coil I think unless it’s a redesign which I doubt. Good luck I hope you get this corrected. Please let us know what becomes of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. LewisW295

LewisW295 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2015
    South Glamorgan, Wales
    Definitely not what it should be. I keep a spare .5 to hand in case I burn out all my .25 coils but I've never seen a single Uwell Crown coil like that. Definitely faulty to me & I've had my crown for well over a year as my all day vape.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    Yes it’s the crown original and the whole pack was like this. It didn’t come in a box like my .25 ones did, it came in a black tube. Here is another picture yes there is cotton inside. I’m just wondering if these are the old style and now they upgraded or these as BS and someone owes me my money back. I haven’t tried to take the metal off cuz I didn’t know if it’s supposed to be like that but could it be to preserve the coil? 6639013B-2F27-4FB8-92BA-FCEDEABC675A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  8. madstabber

You say they came in a tube, they aren’t crown 2 coils are they? I thought that’s how crown two coils were sold although I never bought them. Is the bottom tapered, like bullet shaped? Maybe. That’s the problem, coils for wrong crown tank.

• Useful Useful x 2
  9. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    I think I remember that the V2 coils came in a black tube.
    I've only used V1 and the coils never came in a tube, only in the plastic box.
    V1 coils & V2 coils are not compatible with each other's tank.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    Yes they were in a tube. Here is a picture of the bottom. 18B47583-D1A8-4731-BB3E-713542412F76.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    I didn’t try to put it in. I will do that and see if they even fit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr. Relentless

Mr. Relentless Super Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Uwell rafale coil

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    Clearly not gonna work for my tank! Uggh

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Whoever sold you the 0.5 coils (Uwell Rafale) made a mistake. I guess that could happen if they were distracted. Regardless of the reason, you should return the mistaken coils and either get a refund or the correct Crown 1 coils free of charge.

I might even attempt to get something for free for your time and trouble. ;)

From what I have read and seen online, the Rafale tank was a loser, as well as the Crown 2. That's the main reason that I've stayed with the Crown 1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    I just was able to return them. They didn’t have the right coils so she gave me $30 worth of juice. I paid $15 for the coils so it was a fair trade. Thanks all!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Mowgli

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    $6.90 at Vape NW - Uwell Crown Coil (4PK)
    IMO the .25Ω are the best.
    Vape NW has been 100% with many orders over 2+ years for me.
    Free shipping over $50
    No complaints when I temporarily added 30 packs to my basket :thumb:

no affiliation yada yada

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. madstabber

I bought a 20 pack from fasttech that was really cheap. It takes awhile to get here but because it’s just coils I don’t worry about how long until they get here as long as I don’t run out before then which isn’t an issue. Fasttech is a great place for these coils.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kittyntwinstarz

Feb 8, 2018
    California, USA
    30 packs?!!! Wow

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Mowgli

Supporting member
    Mar 25, 2013
    Taxachusetts
    :) I do that just to see if they have plenty in stock before posting about it.
    I empty my cart before I leave.

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.