Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hello again and welcome to today's review of the Havok V1 Pod Mod from uwell. The Havok V1 Pod Mod was supplied to me from Sourcemore for the purpose of this review and at the end of the review I will leave a link as well as a discount code saving you 29% off with a price of $27.99. The Havok is a very simple and easy to use device having a built in 1800 mAh battery and using wattage only as your power mode, no TC modes. The Havok is a very lightweight device being made of a aluminum alloy. Lets find out some information on the Havok V1 Pod Mod prior to my review.

COLOR CHOICES

uwell_havok_v1_pod_mod_65w_kit_colors.jpg

INCLUDED IN THE BOX

1 * HAVOK V1 Pod Mod

1 * UN2 Meshed-H 0.25Ω HAVOK V1 Coil (Pre-installed) (DTL)

1 * UN2 Meshed-H 0.6Ω HAVOK V1 Coil (MTL/RDL)

1 * Pack of O-rings

1 * User's manual

Uwell_Havok_V1_Kit_Package.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS

UwellHavokV1Kit20210602_11.jpg

Uwell-HAVOK-V1-Pod-Kit_07_VBlBp.jpeg

FEATURES

* Pro-FOCS flavor testing technology

* Intelligent Coil Recognition

* 1800mAh Internal Battery

* Max 65W Wattage Output

* 0.96-inch OLED screen

* Type-C USB Port - 5V/2A Fast Charging

* Puff Counter

* 4ml Refillable Pod

* Sliding Top Cap - Top Fill System

* E-liquid Level Window

* Airflow Valve - Adjustable airflow

* Removable Coil (Included 0.25ohm/0.6ohm UN2 Meshed-H Coil)

* New UWELL Havok Coil Series

* Magnetic Pod Connection

* Multiple Circuit Protection Functions

COLORFUL DESIGN

UwellHavokV1Kit20210602_1.jpg

TYPE-C CHARGE PORT - 5V/2A FAST CHARGING

UwellHavokV1Kit20210602_3.jpg

CONVENIENT TOP FILL METHOD

UwellHavokV1Kit20210602_4.jpg

UWELLHAVOKV1PodMod-_9.jpg

NO LEAKING

UwellHavokV1Kit20210602_5.jpg

REPLACEABLE COIL

UwellHavokV1Kit20210602_10.jpg

PRO-FOCS TECHNOLOGY

UwellHavokV1Kit20210602_9.jpg

EXPLODED VIEW

UwellHavokV1Kit20210602_6.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Opening up the box you are greeted with the Havok with all it's bright and colorful design, lifting up the tray that the device lays in you will find the 2nd mesh 0.8Ω coil and extra O- rings in their own cut out spot underneath a long black packet containing your user manual, warning card and a weekly fans event card. Uwell does not provide a charge cord in the package and I have to mark that as a big con, for a seasoned vaper it's not because we all have a dozen or so charge cords from different devices that we already own but for a new vaper they are stopped dead in the water when the battery fully drains of power.

20210701_053221.jpg

I plugged the device into my charge cord and began to top off the battery that was down 1 battery bar on the display meter, charging the Havok to full power only took about 10-15 minutes. I wanted to check the strength of the magnetic connection of the pod to the mod and really had to pull hard to separate the 2 from each other, not only does the Havok have a magnetic connection but it also clicks into place with a final push down on the pod.

Inside the device are 2 gold spring loaded contact pins that connect to the coil, the pod only fits in one way with the top fill port sliding door facing on the other side of the display screen. The pre installed mesh 0.25Ω coil is shipped with a piece of tape that has to be removed covering the contact to prevent a accidental firing of the device before the coil has been primed and tank filled. When reinstalling the coil remember to line the flat side up towards the airflow inlet door.

20210701_063507.jpg

The Havok uses a top fill method that really makes filling the pod a breeze by incorporating a sliding door covering the fill port membrane that acts like a one way valve allowing liquid to enter then sealing back up when your bottle tip is removed, I'm glad to see this fill method starting to be used in many devices, Uwell is marked on the sliding door. Using a 30 or 60 ml bottle the juice bottle tip will fit all the way in the fill port, however if using a 100 ml bottle because the drip tip is fixed and not replaceable the bottle tip will still penetrate and fill the pod only it will not penetrate very far so tip the pod on a angle and fill slowly.

20210701_065104.jpg

20210701_065156.jpg

The 4ml pod has a clear window allowing you to view the juice capacity very easily, the shape of the juice window is in a angled triangle that keeps the device looking uniformed. It doesn't look like it holds 4ml but in fact it does.

20210701_065436.jpg

The Havok has a airflow selector that is located on the pod itself and is also a sliding door type as the top fill door mentioned earlier. To adjust the airflow the pod must be removed and through trial and error of putting it back in place and testing it to find your desired selection. Airflow can be tightened down to a completely closed position where 0 airflow is produced. Adjustments are made by sliding the door up or down, the door has the right amount of resistance with no chance of it coming off it's setting because it sits recessed in the pod. Making MTL adjustments need to be made in very small slivers. The picture below shows the airflow door half open.

20210702_084855.jpg

On the front side of the device is a very busy colorful design having HAVOK Faithful to Powerful written across it. Depending on your color choice of green, black, silver, red, or blue the entire device is that color with the colorful sticker placed in the center.

20210701_162513.jpg

Turning the device around to it's backside lightly imprinted is HAVOK, Designed by UWELL and some GPS coordinates with a mesh symbol and a Havok logo. The juice window is visible from the front and back of the device.

20210701_065357.jpg

The type-c charge port is located on the bottom of the device across from 3 battery venting holes, it would have been nice to have the charge port on one of the sides instead
    of the bottom of the device.

20210701_064505.jpg

The front face of the devices display screen has a clean high end look with the fire button at the top and the up/down buttons at the bottom above the Havok logo. This is one of the brightest most vivid screens I've seen in a while, the color is of white lettering and numbers with fonts that are sharp in detail and big enough to see without having to squint.

The display screen is laid out nicely with all the information you need presented in a vertical grid that I will list below from left to right and top to bottom.

* Power Mode

* Battery Bar

* Wattage

* Volts

* Coil /Ohms

* Time / Seconds Vaped

* Puff Counter

20210701_124146.jpg

The Havok is so simple to operate that there is no need of a menu system only a few button combinations to remember and they are listed below.

* On/Off - 5 quick presses of the fire button

* Wattage Lock/Unlock - Press and hold the fire and up button simultaneously

* Lock/Unlock Entire Device - Press and hold the fire and down button simultaneously

* Clear Puff Counter - Press and hold the up and down button simultaneously

* Reset The Device - Press and hold all three buttons simultaneously

FINAL IMPRESSIONS

When Sourcemore asked me if I would review the Havok Pod Mod for them I of course said yes knowing the Aeglos coils are real flavor producers having reviewed the Aeglos Pod Mod earlier in the year. The new Aeglos coils for the Havok stay true to form as they are great flavor producers as well, very much above average and have a long lifespan as well.

Everything works as intended and I've had 0 problems. Because the coils airflow supply is inside the pod itself, it's pretty much a leak free system because there's no place for the juice to escape into the device.

The top fill method the Havok uses is starting to show up on more and more devices because it works flawlessly while being a very nice convenience for us . While some devices that use this system require you to touch the mouth piece with your fingers to access the fill port the Havok's sliding access door alleviates this, in today's day and age of germs this is a welcome feature.

The airflow is smooth but on the noisy side and can be very airy or closed down to a very tight MTL, you will have to make very tiny sliver adjustments in the MTL adjustments that can be frustrating but once found and the pod is put in place rest assured it's not coming off the setting you made. The drip tip works very well and is comfortable which is a very good thing because the drip tip is not replaceable.

I mentioned earlier how bright the display screen is, even in bright sunlight it can be seen and read easily because the font size is just right.

The Havok fires immediately with a tap of the fire button. As far as battery life on a single charge vaping using a 2.7 second average vape I was able to get 228 vapes before the battery was depleted fully. The charge time for charging a fully depleted battery is about 1hr and 30 minutes for a full charge.

The Havok is billed as being able to reach 65 watts but it uses a smart technology that limits the wattage to the maximum for the coil that is being used, I really love this feature as well. Maybe the 65 watts is for future coils for the Havok because the 0.25Ω maxes out at 46 watts with the pod installed, but when the pod is removed wattage can indeed reach 65 watts. The Havok also has the round robin feature.

So in closing I will tell you this one is a winner for sure and I will be getting more coils for it because it has been included in my rotation of personal devices I use regularly. I also feel with the smart tech that the Havok uses, it makes a perfect starter kit for a new vaper having everything they need in one kit ( MINUS THE CHARGE CABLE ) that should have been included with the Havok.

I said in the beginning of this review I would leave a coupon code and link to be purchased at Sourcemore for a price of $27.99 the code is HAVOK and the link is below.

Uwell Havok V1 Kit 65W 1800mAh Pod Mod Kit

I would like to thank Lilia and Sourcemore for providing the Havok V1 Pod Mod for the purpose of this review and I hope that this review has helped anyone looking to purchase the Havok V1 Pod Mod from UWELL.

THANK YOU
    BIGBOB2322

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Opening up the box you are greeted with the Havok with all it's bright and colorful design, lifting up the tray that the device lays in you will find the 2nd mesh 0.8Ω coil and extra O- rings in their own cut out spot underneath a long black packet containing your user manual, warning card and a weekly fans event card. Uwell does not provide a charge cord in the package and I have to mark that as a big con, for a seasoned vaper it's not because we all have a dozen or so charge cords from different devices that we already own but for a new vaper they are stopped dead in the water when the battery fully drains of power.
    Hey Bob, great review! I'll also be posting one in a few days after I vape this hard for a while. Not to step on any toes, but in the intro it states a 0.6 ohm coil and here you mentioned 0.8. I received this in the mail today and the 2nd coil is a 0.6, but I do know they have a 0.8 ohm coil available. Just wanted to clarify which one you received - we may have received two different versions of the package.

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Hey Bob, great review! I'll also be posting one in a few days after I vape this hard for a while. Not to step on any toes, but in the intro it states a 0.6 ohm coil and here you mentioned 0.8. I received this in the mail today and the 2nd coil is a 0.6, but I do know they have a 0.8 ohm coil available. Just wanted to clarify which one you received - we may have received two different versions of the package.
    You are correct I wrote the wrong Ω resistance of the second included coil 0.6Ω. How are you liking the device? It's become part of my daily rotation devices for out and about, I started bringing it to work as a second device for a afternoon flavor change because of it's size, weight and fantastic flavor. I'm looking forward to your review of it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    You are correct I wrote the wrong Ω resistance of the second included coil 0.6Ω. How are you liking the device? It's become part of my daily rotation devices for out and about, I started bringing it to work as a second device for a afternoon flavor change because of it's size, weight and fantastic flavor. I'm looking forward to your review of it.

Shame, shame, shame. Just kidding. You know I’ve made mistakes in my reviews too.

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I'm probably going to pump that out today. I'm not going to go nearly in-depth as you did, I think this pod is fairly simplistic, but that's kind of the beauty of it. It puts out fantastic flavor for what it is, and there isn't much else to be said about it quite honestly.

• Agree
    Reactions: bigbob2322

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    I'm probably going to pump that out today. I'm not going to go nearly in-depth as you did, I think this pod is fairly simplistic, but that's kind of the beauty of it. It puts out fantastic flavor for what it is, and there isn't much else to be said about it quite honestly.
    That is what makes it a winner ( SIMPLICITY ) with fantastic flavor and great coil life as well as being compact.

• Agree
    Reactions: Z-Lee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread