hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello again. I’m here with another review for Sourcemore. This time I was sent the Uwell Valyrian 3 kit in order to provide a fair and honest review. The Valyrian kit contains the mod that uses dual 18650 batteries and has an output range of 5-200 watts. It boasts lightning fast firing speed and offers Power and TCR modes as well as a .96” color screen. The included tank has a liquid capacity of 6ml which you’re going to need with the included high output coils rated 80-85 watts and 80-90 watts. The tank also has a different type of top cap that flips open instead of unscrewing. I doubt I’ll be running them consistently that high so hopefully they operate at a little lower ranges also. The nice looking mod, 6ml tank, and the Pro Focs flavor testing technology leads me to believe that this is going to be an enjoyable experience. Follow along and we’ll see if that ends up being the case.

BfNmYb0.jpg

GuLjssv.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* Valyrian III Mod
    1* Valyrian III Atomizer
    1* 0.32ohm UN2 Valyrian III Coil (pre-installed)
    1* 0.14ohm UN2-2 Valyrian III Coil
    1* Pack of Replacement O-rings
    1* User's Manual

pOg2dk2.jpg

upload_2022-3-19_10-45-42.png

SPECIFICATIONS:

Power Range: 5W-200W

Standby Current: < 100uA

Voltage Range: 0.7V-8.0V

Mod Material: Zinc Alloy, PC+ABS

Battery: Dual 18650 (not included)

Mod Size: 85.2*52*31.4mm

Mod Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-3ohm(VW), 0.1ohm-1ohm(TC)

Temperature Range: 200℉-600℉/100℃-315℃

Thread: 510

Tank Capacity: 6ml

Tank Size: Φ30*H60.65mm

Tank Material: Stainless Steel & Pyrex Glass

Coil Specification: SS316L 0.32ohm UN2 Valyrian III Coil: 80-85W
    FeCrAI 0.14ohm UN2-2 Valyrian III Coil: 80-90W
    FeCrAI 0.15ohm Valyrian II Coil: 100-120W
    FeCrAI 0.16ohm UN2-3 Valyrian II Coil: 90W-100W

Color: Midnight Black, Lagoon Blue, Amaretto Brown

3DXVy4N.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Elegant design with dragon scale pattern

2. Multifunctional LED indicators

3. Lightning-fast firing speed

4. POW (power) and TCR (temperature coefficient of resistance) modes are available

5. Dual 18650 batteries with 200W max power

6. New generation PCBA (printed circuit board assembly)

7. Compatible with Valyrian II 0.15ohm and 0.16ohm coil

8. Updated PRO-FOCS flavor testing technology

9. Upgraded self-cleaning technology prevents leakage

10. Flip-cap design makes refilling easy

11. Automatically detects atomizer resistance

12. 0.96 inch color screen

Yx7aoJS.jpg

lBEq5P2.jpg

2sVejQD.jpg

yhHy87a.jpg

k7otteZ.jpg

QuwEG5I.jpg

Vfke788.jpg

WloCu5A.jpg

xeF6ByO.jpg

0EumQG1.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

I have to hand it to Uwell. They did a really nice job on not only the promotional materials but also on the packaging for the Valyrian 3 and the appearance of the Valyrian mod. On the front of the box is a very nice picture of the Valyrian and the text is in a font that lends itself to a medieval theme. That and the statement “The Power of Fire” reminds me of game of thrones or something like that.

On the back is the package contents but instead of the usual listing, they included some cool little pictures to keep with the medieval theme. Also listed is the company information and contact information.

upload_2022-3-19_10-57-48.png

upload_2022-3-19_10-58-5.png

In my opinion the Valyrian is really a gorgeous mod. The same text type that was used on the box is used to put the name at the top on the front of the mod. Under that is a square fire button that is pretty clicky. Going down from there is the color display, plus and minus buttons, and the USB-C charging/update port near the bottom. I really like the combination of the metal frame and brown leather with a scale like pattern. The leather sides are slightly padded. The color display is nice but feel like the font could have been a little larger. It is however fairly easy to read. The display shows the following information.

- Two battery level indicators

- Mode of operation

- Set wattage

- Output voltage and coil resistance

- Puff counter and length of current puff

- A cool little dragon emblem

The menu operation is as follows.

- Press the fire button 5 times to turn on/off

- Press the fire button 3 times to enter the mode selection where you can choose from Power or TCR. The selection will exit after 8 seconds

- Press the fire button and the – button to lock the device

- Press the fire button and the + button to lock only the adjustment buttons

- Press the + and – buttons to clear the puff counter.

I saw this in the user manual and thought it was odd.

“Attention: The output voltage will decrease gradually during vaping. When the output

wattage cannot reach the set wattage, the device will lower the wattage automatically,

and then the screen will display the output voltage after automatically adjusting the wattage.”

upload_2022-3-19_10-59-21.png

The leather is only on the sides and on the back is an odd plastic type material that to me gives

the appearance of a dragon scale or something and is enclosed in the same shape of frame as

what is found on the front. It’s a little comical but I didn’t realize until I was at work and decided

to plug the mod in that the slots in the back light up. The way that I hold the mod to fire it, I had

never noticed that the lights turned on since that side is in the palm of my hand.

upload_2022-3-19_11-0-3.png

The bottom of the mod carries the Uwell name and has a series of six slots with three holes in each for battery venting. To load or change the batteries simply slide the button on the bottom and the door will open on a hinge. The underside of the door is marked clearly with the battery polarity as well as the inside of the unit has + and – signs. I had zero issues with the batter door while using the mode and it seems sturdy.

I thought it was a really nice touch that the 510 connection plate has a picture of a dragon etched into it. Just one of those small details that makes a difference. It’s too bad you won’t see it once the tank is installed.

upload_2022-3-19_11-0-47.png

upload_2022-3-19_11-1-2.png

upload_2022-3-19_11-1-18.png

The Valyrian 3 tank has a liquid capacity of 6ml which is good because you need it. All of the coils for this tank are rated 80w+. The included coils are the SS316 UN2 .32 ohm coil rated at 80-85 watts while the FeCrAl UN2-2 .14 ohm coil is rated at 80-90 watts. I’m not sure why the redundancy. I personally would have like to seen one rated somewhere around 50-60 watts which is a more comfortable range for me. I found it interesting that Uwell decided to go with coils that thread in rather than the simple push in style we have been seeing on most tanks lately.

upload_2022-3-19_11-1-55.png

upload_2022-3-19_11-2-19.png

GjZYDPL.jpg

The Valyrian 3 tank is fairly attractive in appearance but the one issue I have with it is how the top cap opens to refill. There is a button on the side that you push so that the top springs open. That spring pivot point doesn’t seem all that sturdy to me and could see it getting broken. The Valyrian name is etched on the button so it is easy to locate.

The base of the tank appears to be gold plated inside with three outer connection points to make connection with the bottom of the coils. The base also has three slotted airflow openings which provide plenty of airflow for just about any user. With the .32 coil running at 72 watts I still only had the airflow open about ¼ of the way.

dGlGacA.jpg

MBgz8hm.jpg

o276Is1.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I have enjoyed testing the Uwell Valyrian 3 kit. The mod has a really nice appearance and seems to work very well. It is a little wide but I have found that I hold it much like I do with the Abyss and use the side of my thumb to press the fire button. I don’t have large hands so am guessing that the average user would be able to hold this one comfortably. I do feel like the back side of the mod is unnecessary and will have some effect on battery life. I saw in the user manual that is suggested to use batteries with a minimum current rating of 30A. Normally it is not recommended to charge batteries inside a mod but also in the manual it said to use a 5V/2A charger. I’d say it’s still better to not charge the batteries in the mod if you have a choice.

I have mixed emotions about the Valyrian 3 tank. I do like the appearance and at first thought it was a nice idea with the way the top of the tank flips open with a button press. However after thinking about it for a while and seeing how the top cap kind of loosely flops around when you have the top open then it got me to thinking that it might be pretty easy to break that hinge point if it got hit on something.

I felt like the tank and provided coils produced pretty good flavor. I would probably give it a 7.75 out of 10 in the flavor department. It does however deliver very large amounts of vapor that will fill a room in no time and therefore goes through liquid fairly quickly. I have to admit that I never run as high as these coils are rated on any of my normally used mods and tanks so this one was a bit of a stretch for me. I did end up running the coils in the 70-75 watt range with the airflow around ¼ open but if I chain vaped the vapor just got warmer than I like it. For this reason I would have liked to have seen a coil in the 50 watt range.

I’d like to thank Sourcemore and Joyi for sending the Uwell Valyrian 3 kit for this review. As always, a big thanks to you the readers. Below is a link to the website and a coupon code if you would like to purchase one.

Uwell Valyrian III 3 Kit 200W 6ml Box Mod Kit (sourcemore.com)

CODE: VAL3K= $69.69

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    You do better reviews than most of the internet reviewers. There are a few things on this device that aren't for me, I prefer my vapes toward the cool side. For now I'll stick with my freemax and gtx coils.

Thanks. lol I mentioned, I’d like to see a lower output coil for this one myself.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Very nice review Hitt, I have the same concerns on the tank that's why I don't just let it spring backwards without catching it after opening and easing it back. I really like this kit and it's become a favorite of mine.

Thanks. I love the mod. It’s a little wide for my hand but have found a way to fire it comfortably.

Reactions: bigbob2322
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread