V2 Cigs, Eon Smoke & Volt side by side 808 comparison (KR808D-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

metropolitan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
new york city
I'm a fan of e-cigarettes, and by that i mean ecigs that look like cigarettes. it's not that i'm trying to pass off my ecigs for real cigarettes but as someone who smoked (past tense) a pack and half for too many years to count, i'm just used to the size and feel of cigarettes. The big ecigs, while they might have longer lasting batteries, feel more like smoking a heavy cigar or pipe to me. i like the slim ecigs as they are easy to carry around, don' t look like medical devices and don't attract as much attention as the behemoths. I know personal opinions differ, but this is what fits me and my personality.

i've experimented with a few cigarette type ecigs and have found that my favorites are the 808's (technically the kr808d-1). They are slightly thicker than other "cigarette type" of ecigs which leads me to believe (accurately or not) that their carts hold more liquid. They feel sort of like a Camel Wide cigarette does in your hand (do they still make those?).

Ok, with all that said here's my comparison review of three 808 american brands: V2cigs, Volt and Eon Smoke. There's a few more brands of 808's but so far these are the only three brands i own. I'd love to compare more brands but right now i have enough batteries to last me a good while so i assume it will be some time before i try a new one.

THE BATTERIES (all 3 reviewed are "shorties" & automatic. shorties with a cart on are about the size of a regular cigarette)

VOLT ($12.95 + shipping charge) are available in 2 sizes from Smokeless Image who also sell plenty of accessories for them. Their "shorty" was the longest (a millimeter or two longer than V2's), it's available in a full spectrum of colors and they offer the novel option of choosing the LED color. I like that as i'm not a fan of the cheesy fake flame LED's or the random (usually blue) ones. I bought a white LED one and i also bought some extra "stealth caps" --black end caps that cover the LED light completely. I can't believe someone didn't think of this before.
I found it took a bit more effort to inhale with a Volt battery. This could be because they are sealed automatic batteries, i don't know. Volt took a while to heat up which was problematic as they have a six second cut off time. I tend to vape low nicotine content and take long slow drags. The problem came with the fact that it took a few seconds to heat up and i barely had enough time to get a good hit before the timer cut me off. If you tend to take strong short drags of your ecig or if i vaped higher nicotine carts it might not be a problem
V2CIGS ($16.95 & free shipping) are available from V2cigs in three sizes and come in four different colors and sell a few accessories for them. The V2 batteries heat up quickly which could be from the fact that they are 4.2 volts (i'm no electrical engineer, so i could be wrong). Inhaling was smooth and similar to a regular tobacco cigarette Their time cutoff is ten seconds though i didn't realize they had a cut-off because i had never reached it. With the fast heat up and the smooth inhaling i actually had to purposely take some very long drags to reach the timer's end.
EONSMOKE ($14.99 & free shipping) are available from EonSmoke in 2 sizes and five colors and a few but not too many accessories. They are the shortest of the shorties (i'm talking a millimeter or two shorter than V2's). Both inhaling force and heat up time were very similar to the V2's, meaning smooth draw and fast heat up. Their timer cut-off is 6 seconds but it wasn't a problem with me as the fast heat up time allows me to take a full satisfying drag off them. EonSmoke is the only one of the 3 batteries that did not have a removable end cap. I'll also add that i found a good deal for a kit consisting of the battery, USB charger & 2 carts at my corner deli (that's "convenience store" for you non New Yorkers) for only $17. Same kit on their website goes for $29.95.

THE WINNER - V2Cigs
Based on fast heat up, smooth inhaling and ability to take long drags if desired. EonSmoke came a close second.

Next up i'll review the slim liquid tanks available for the 808's. just waiting for an order to arrive.

Last edited:

yankgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
New Jersey
. EonSmoke is the only one of the 3 batteries that did not have a removable end cap. I'll also add that i found a good deal for a kit consisting of the battery, USB charger & 2 carts at my corner deli (that's "convenience store" for you non New Yorkers) for only $17. Same kit on their website goes for $29.95.

Thanks for the info! I have a volt and was looking for some backups. I just purchased a Revolver Echo for home, but want a few extra batteries for travel. I'm going to give the v2cigs a try!

Also do you remember what deli it was? My husband works in midtown and was thinking of checking out the EonSmoke.

thanks

Last edited:

metropolitan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
new york city
the deli where i found the eonsmoke kit is in brooklyn --corner of driggs and humboldt to be exact.
i would ask around at some of the midtown delis in manhattan. where i got it they had a display of blu disposable e-cigs on the counter and only when i asked the guy working there about them did he pull out the eonsmoke kit which was between the cigarettes and not as visible to visitors.
if you can find that kit at that price i would say that's about as good a deal as you'll get.

metropolitan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
new york city
as an added note to this review, i just figured out how to get my volt battery to work better.
i removed the fake ash end cap of the battery and replaced it with a cartomizer's end cap --the white tip with the hole all cartomizers have.
this vastly improved the airflow and i'm much happier with the volt that i was earlier.

I've bought several of these EonSmoke kits at Deli's around the city. They are very easy to find. Usually up on a shelf somewhere. I think those are great for beginners and they helped me initially quit analogs.

Also, what are your thoughts on the different Flavors / e-liquids available? I've tried eonsmoke and V2 but not Volt. I agree that V2 has a great battery but I couldn't appreciate their flavors besides Red, Coffee and Mint Tea. Personally I prefer halo e-qliuids and their G6 kit for 808s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread