V2 popping my be112 atomizers. Are there better ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I got my v2 yesterday and it included a rn4072 atomizer. I made sure the atomizer stayed flooded for its break in period but it blew after about 10 min. I went to an old be112 atomizer and it lasted about 3 hours. I then went to 2 brand new be112 atomizers and the first one blew in about 30 min this morning and the second I just put on and it is going ok but its my last one so now Im thinking I need to order some more. I just am scared that the rn4072 and be112 are not capable of handling fully charged batteries. The be112 blew right after I swapped batteries this morning, so I have a suspicion the be112 atomizer cant handle fully charge batteries.

What is the best pen style atomizer to use with the V2?

buGG

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2009
brush²
I recommend the Joye 302, but apparently I'm the only forum member that has posted of any success with it. So please, take my recommendation with a drop of juice. I also highly recommend the be112s, so I'm not sure where the problem is with your setup. Are you using 3V or 3.7V batteries? I haven't had a single atty, pen style or otherwise pop on a 5V device. Not saying it can't happen, I believe it can...but the V2 in particular has been very atty friendly, and my 112s and 302s rock all day long, again and again, with this thing. And I don't flood, I blow it out at first, four drips, 10-12 iron lung puffs, four drips, 10-12 iron lung puffs, repeat as necessary. I ask about the batteries because I also use two 3.7v CR123s in there, but only with an HV atty. That turbo charges the v2, but would also risk premature death to a standard atomizer.

I guess it's possible you've got a bad set of atomizers, I've definitely been there and done that, but generally speaking the 112 is a very solid and safe bet for the v2...

buGG

FRESH

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
I had the same issue. Started a ticket with them over it. After blowing 3 consecutive RN attys within as many days, I sent a letter.

On my own, I decided before raising more fuss that I would get out my lone, remaining 801 atty and give it a go. It's been working fine for me for over a week now. Hitting like a champ and tho it was suggested that I might be doing something wrong...running it dry, drawing on it too long, etc....my 801 has none of the same erratic behavior and it doesn't BLOW.

I am convinced that the RN attys are simply inferior...at least for THIS device. Perhaps others have had better luck, but I want my 801's from now on!

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I recommend the Joye 302, but apparently I'm the only forum member that has posted of any success with it. So please, take my recommendation with a drop of juice.
buGG

The Janty/Joye 302 will not work on my V2 at all. It would not work with another 801 device I have either. I did put a 801/510 adapter on the other device and then put a 510/801 adapter on that and the 302 ROCKS!!!. There is some incompatability with the pin inside the 302 and the connection inside the V2 (& other device I have) that is not allowing it to work, but the adapter fixed that.

When the 302 makes the connection it is the best atty I have ever used. And I love the BE112 as well. But the 302 is amazing.

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
Well the V2 uses 2 3volt batts to that is 6volts not 5 volts. Im sure the 510s are good, but I want to use pen style as well.

Hey Rob- the device actually runs at around 5v- it uses a resistive material to bring the voltage down. As for the atty issue, flooding the atomizer actually makes it work harder on the device thus will cause it to die quickly. You need to find a nice middle ground between flooding and vaping it dry (which can take some trial and error). I usually go with 4-5 drops on a brand new atty, redrip after about 4-5 inhales, then back down to 3-4 drops after every 4 puffs or so. If it's flooded, try blowing it out and letting it dry out upside down over night.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I just put the V2 on my dc volt meter and the read out said 6.5 volts. Whats up with that?
12322_334642917341_689067341_3517867_7089241_n.jpg

And this is 3 hours into the batteries.
I checked the tenergy batteries fresh off the charger and each one is 3.8 volts.
12322_334642902341_689067341_3517865_1912051_n.jpg

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I understand that there is a difference between under load and open, the question I posed was why does the tenergy battery have a reading of 3.8 volt and a label of 3 volt.

If you meter a alkaline battery that is rated at 1.5 volt it will meter at 1.5 volt.

So why are these batteries from tenergy reading nearly 25% higher than their label?

fjames

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bluegrass USA
I can toss several new atomizers before finding a good one (pen style.) I use the be112 but have used several different ones over the last year or so. QC just isn't that good on them - when you find a good one it will last for quite some time depending on your usage and care habits ... for me maybe 6 weeks. But then what my lady friend and I call the "3-day atty horror" begins anew. I've gotten my "is it a good one or not" period down from a day or two to an hour or two lol.

It takes awhile to psychologically assimilate the idea of just tossing a new thing, but it's the easiest approach for me. Funny, I now know what a good be112 will taste like when new and look forward to what is actually a bad taste because I know it will go away soon. The other bad tastes never do. I've only very rarely had one just fail completely though - maybe because I toss them before they get the chance? I dunno ...

rfw2003

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Yantis, Texas
www.4x4mayhem.com
robw, I have been useing the BE112's and 510's on my V2 with no issues. the current BE112 I have on my V2 is the first one I got out of an order of 5 of them, and it's been in service for about 3 weeks now. I always drip 4 drops into it, and vape until I detect a slight change in flavor then drip 4 more drops.

R.F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread