v2 serious issues .. works one moment then doesn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacky Dee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Sydney Australia
I've been a happy owner of a satin V1 for many months and never had an issue with it. After watching my dad struggle with my 'old junk' aka buzz/lavatube I decided to give him my V1 and bought myself a new satin black V2 from a local aussie supplier.

It worked as expected/same as the V1 for a few days but then these issues started .. namely, when I hit the button it feels like I'm getting 2-3 Volts instead of the 5.2 V that i've set the device too .. There's barely any vapor coming out and its cold, so its as if it running extremely low voltage. Then a few minutes later for no apparent reason it fires the way it should and I get clouds of smoke.

I've tried different voltages, different cartos, brand new batteries - no difference. Just randomly it works in quarter-strength mode so to speak.

I use AW IMR 18490 batteries only and Smoktech 2.5 Ohm DC cartos. I HAVE tried different old atomizers and some new different brand (same resistance) cartos, same issue. The device is NOT showing any errors and the button lights up red everytime so it's not a button issue I think.

It's as if the electronics inside decide to lower the amps/volts to quarter strength for no apparent reason at all.

The device looks clean inside and cap spring has a good connection. Resetting the device by removing cap has no effect.

The ONLY thing that does appear to have effect is if I remove the carto, connect a volt meter to test the voltage - when I replace the carto, it will fire first time properly. But then it may go back to the old quarter-strength just seconds later...

It's driving me absolutely INSANE! If this were my first provari I'd have a completely warped view that these devices are the same type of junk as the Lavatube (and various other names it comes under) but since I've been happily using a V1 for almost a year without issues, I know this device when it works as it should is just a friggin' perfect PV.

Oh and the issue seems to be getting progressively and rather quickly, worse. Today it started out with this issue maybe once or twice an hour... now later in the same day, I'm having maybe 1 out of 10 successful full-strength vapes, the rest is just these cold-air-barely-any-vapor type of crap coming out (it is firing just not at 5V/correct amps).

Wacky Dee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Sydney Australia
ok tried cleaning the centre post with 99% isopropyl and a qtip .. no difference. Then filled it up with and swished the isopropyl around a few times, let it dry for a bit, so far it seems to fire at full strength everytime. So I might be in luck ..hopefully I didn't jinx myself. I'll let you know if the problems persist

Wacky Dee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Sydney Australia
still seems to be firing at full strength so the isopropyl soak/wash seems to have done the trick.

unfortunately however I sometimes now have to slightly unscrew/screw back on the battery cap because I lose the connection. Not sure why I'm assuming the isopropyl cleaned out some gunk out of there and loosened up the tolerances somewhat ... ?!

but this is no biggy, atleast I'm not getting the initial issues anymore which were just beyond annoying and frustrating

Wacky Dee

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Sydney Australia
adjusted the spring and issues resolved thanks ;-)

I'm a bit weary of noalox ..I originally applied similar substance to my V1 (just a tiny amount) and it got very messy - every time I'd unscrew the battery cap I'd have some of that black tar like substance on my fingers. And from memory it's extremely toxic if any of that stuff gets in your body (and with traces of it on my fingers everytime I opened the cap, its bound to get in my mouth) It's a conductive carbon grease called 'revive-it R006 and i'm assuming its the same/similar to noalox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread