V2's with HV atomizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I figured I would start a thread on this. I ordered a couple samples of High Voltage atomizers to test out on my V2. I have been popping attys faster than I normally go through cartos and I just wanted to make sure I check out the HV attys before I give up.
I really want the V2 to be my primary device but so far the atomizer destruction rampage has been very costly. I had a 5 pack of unused 510's I forgot I had sitting in the drawer. I went through 3 in 2 days. I have one on now that has been smoking fine, and not getting to hot at all, so its that one in the bunch that just works well.

I'm hoping though the HV attys will last at least 3 or 4 weeks before popping though.
I am going from a strictly cost factor. I was using cartos at $7 a 5 pack and going through one pack per week. I have now gone though about $60 worth of atomizers in the same amount of time.

Has anyone got performance info on HV attys? Im interested to know how long they last as well as what the higher resistance configuration does to the performance.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
HV Attys rock, there all I will use, prime them and prime them some more and dont be afraid to put juice in them there ment to run this way and pretty much have to from my experiance. If you run them low on juice then there gonna burn up and give you that burnt taste then there done so keep em wet..!!!

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I have been using be112s from bestecig and joye510s from widows bead work and kr808d-1 cartos from cigeasy. So far I have not popped a 808 carto, they seem to be semi immune so far. They burn paper before they die, so I cant be sure since I always throw them away any way when the paper starts to burn, but that is normal even on 808 batts.

The HV's I just ordered are from eastmall I know nothing about regarding the amount of voltage that is dropped. I would not even know how to check.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
OK guys I understand but HV Attys are meant to run at 6v and up to 7.4v and you dont need HV Attys for a 5v device at all. they also might not produce as much Vapor at 5v from my experiance as a regular Atty do to the ohms and specs they are built on so why would you all run HV Atty's and waste your money on these :confused:8-o8-o:-x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread