Not open for further replies.

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
Questions:

1) The PV3 is still 5 volt, right?

2) The button presses in from the bottom? Not sure how I feel about that. One of the main reasons I got a Prodigy V1 & V2 was the location of the button.

3) It appears that the 510 adapters have a flange creating a nice deep well around the fitting. Does it come up far enough to cover the gap?

4) Are the adapters in stock or are those pre-order too? I need an adapter ASAP as I'm struggling along with my second stripped brass one right now.

fjames

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Bluegrass USA
So the new design requires me to lock it and unlock it every time I take a hit? If I don't, it will activate when stood on end (now a requirement to prevent rolling) or carried in pocket. Or I could get the strong spring, which means the already awkward activation becomes even more difficult.

I'm glad a have enough spare parts to keep at least one V1 going for awhile, hopefully until PS comes to their senses lol.

anim8r

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2009
DC
:(:(I agree that the bottom button may be a deal killer for me. not saying that i would'nt like it. now i am feeling out the motions on my V-1, to simulate a button on the end-cap. seems a little ummmmmmmmm. nope i don't think this will work for me. :mad::mad:

I'm sure it will feel like the GG Slim. To "simulate" what it would feel like with your V1.1. Put the endcap in the meaty part of your palm and "compress" it by using your fingers on the adaptor.

It's actually a LOT easier than you think.

I never have my cigs standing straight up so that's not a deal breaker for me, but yeah, looks like it will just roll and roll if you lay it down. That was the only real drawback to the slim imo.

I've also decided that it's only 3.7v and LR's for me from here on out, so this one's not on my list... yet. I really like the vape of a 14500 battery, so I hope PureSmoker comes out with a rear button configuration of the Protege. I'd absolutely buy one or two of those.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
I never have my cigs standing straight up so that's not a deal breaker for me, but yeah, looks like it will just roll and roll if you lay it down. That was the only real drawback to the slim imo.

I stand all of my PS devices on their end. So I'm very interested to see if the switch will activate if the device is set down like that without the lock engaged.

notsoogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
The REAL Washington
So I am wondering why people are buying new switches and adapters for a product that supposedly has a lifetime warranty on it? Specifically on the V2. Anybody that has one should have been sent the new switch, not just the two pins and an 'O' ring (which, by the way, didn't work), and they should have gotten a new stainless steel adapter to replace the brass adapter.

I haven't seen anything posted about free replacements for warranted parts. Am I missing something?:confused:

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
So I am wondering why people are buying new switches and adapters for a product that supposedly has a lifetime warranty on it? Specifically on the V2. Anybody that has one should have been sent the new switch, not just the two pins and an 'O' ring (which, by the way, didn't work), and they should have gotten a new stainless steel adapter to replace the brass adapter.

I haven't seen anything posted about free replacements for warranted parts. Am I missing something?:confused:

PS did mail out free "upgrade kits" for many people who bought V2 Prodigy's, and their site clearly states that stripped threads on adapters are NOT covered by their warranty. That's problematic, because it seems as if the original V2 adapters were made differently than the V1 versions and are vastly more susceptible to stripping. I've abused the crap out of my V1 and never stripped the threads on the adapter. My V2 has gone through two adapters in the last few months. They seem to strip if you look at them sideways.

Your point is well taken, though. As I've pointed out before, I've practically rebuilt my V2 from the ground up at this point. The only original pieces are the tube and the end cap. It feels a little bit like I've been tricked into buying the device twice, and now there's a new V3 version out... before I even have my V2 issues resolved.

Somewhat frustrating.

notsoogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
The REAL Washington
PS did mail out free "upgrade kits" for many people who bought V2 Prodigy's, and their site clearly states that stripped threads on adapters are NOT covered by their warranty. That's problematic, because it seems as if the original V2 adapters were made differently than the V1 versions and are vastly more susceptible to stripping. I've abused the crap out of my V1 and never stripped the threads on the adapter. My V2 has gone through two adapters in the last few months. They seem to strip if you look at them sideways.

Your point is well taken, though. As I've pointed out before, I've practically rebuilt my V2 from the ground up at this point. The only original pieces are the tube and the end cap. It feels a little bit like I've been tricked into buying the device twice, and now there's a new V3 version out... before I even have my V2 issues resolved.

Somewhat frustrating.

I hear you on the frustration issue. I thought that the site stated it does not cover 'cross-threading' which would be different from 'striped', would it not?

ETA: I also thought that a new 'stainless switch assembly' was promised...not new pins and and o-ring.

Last edited:

MicciMan

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2009
North Carolina

Somewhat frustrating.

Well said. When I suggested before that I felt taken buying a product that was half-baked, I was accused of being a Luddite. But it's clear there have been major flaws with each product PS has released.

I wonder how this product compares to the Super T devices? I couldn't adapt to the bottom button, but Dave @ Super T makes beautiful well engineered and built products, not sure why anyone would go w/ PS with their product history over someone like him................

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Questions:

1) The PV3 is still 5 volt, right?

2) The button presses in from the bottom? Not sure how I feel about that. One of the main reasons I got a Prodigy V1 & V2 was the location of the button.

3) It appears that the 510 adapters have a flange creating a nice deep well around the fitting. Does it come up far enough to cover the gap?

4) Are the adapters in stock or are those pre-order too? I need an adapter ASAP as I'm struggling along with my second stripped brass one right now.

1) Nope ... Straight Voltage Only ... Whatever you give it, it will take, there is no resistive material (ie: titanium) dropping voltage.

2) We'll just have to see what customer feedback is like :)

3) Um..... not quite.

4) Yes, adapters are in stock.

Lifetime Warranty is just as stated. The Prodigy V2 never shipped with a completely stainless steel switch or fully stainless adapter. Both are upgrades .... You can't buy a Product with a lifetime warranty, but then expect free upgrades for life on it :) We are more than happy to service and replace devices with lifetime warranties on them.

Our brass adapters aren't the issue ... ATOMIZERS are ... Nothing has changed from V1 to V2 ... Brass is the exact same ... Manufacturing specs on Chinese atomizers is all over the place. Thread pitch between SLB 510's and JOYE 510's is quite a stretch ... It wasn't until we saw continuous stripping on 510 adapters (just about when SLB 510's started hitting the market) that we decided to switch over to stainless.

Atomizers have been such an issue, half our shipment of SLB's and RN's atomizers wouldn't even fit our adapters anymore ... Our adapters never changed, the atomizers did .... Widen a thread pitch on a soft material like brass and it will strip the brass ...

Well said. When I suggested before that I felt taken buying a product that was half-baked, I was accused of being a Luddite. But it's clear there have been major flaws with each product PS has released.

I wonder how this product compares to the Super T devices? I couldn't adapt to the bottom button, but Dave @ Super T makes beautiful well engineered and built products, not sure why anyone would go w/ PS with their product history over someone like him................

Bottom button devices are quite a bit less user intensive than mid tube switched completely mechanical devices (IE: SB/Chuck/etc... don't count, sorry, those are soldered in switches) Maintenance is and was needed, but we also found out about that time how many people really don't care to perform any type of maintenance no matter how user friendly we made it.

You can't please everyone, but we have certainly tried. You may love us or hate us, you may agree or disagree with the moves we have made as far as our devices go, but in the end, we have only had the best interest of the user in mind. I don't make these devices simply for myself ... I take user friendliness, convenience, and quality of materials in to everything I/we build ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread