V3tronix Flip Mech; Yea or Nay???

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
I discovered the V3tronix flip the other day and have been drooling over it ever since. This mod just looks amazing! The down side is it's over $250.00 and doesn't support 18530 batteries.

I've been waffling back and forth on whether or not to dip into my vacation money to purchase one of these and I've decided to get some opinions from my fellow vapers here.

So, what are your thoughts?

All opinions are welcome.

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
If you're buying because you want it and like the looks of it, I assume it's the SS..yeah go for it..is it best performing mod out there for $250..then I would say no..

Here is my example, when I bought my Paps, both SS and Brass was available..everybody and their momma love the looks the Brass..but I needed something i can carry around all day...so I went with SS..it was only 30 dollar difference for more bling...is it my best performance mod..not even close..some of my clones hit harder..

so in the end, it's your decision on how much you love the look etc and what topper you put on it.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I discovered the V3tronix flip the other day and have been drooling over it ever since. This mod just looks amazing! The down side is it's over $250.00 and doesn't support 18530 batteries.

I've been waffling back and forth on whether or not to dip into my vacation money to purchase one of these and I've decided to get some opinions from my fellow vapers here.

So, what are your thoughts?

All opinions are welcome.

No idea whether they're decent or not but the Flip clones have started to role out:

Domestic rebranded one from 101.101 Flip by Hcigar - 101 Vape

There were also other Chinese clones available (re Fasttech) but appears V3 is bringing the hammer down on the branded clones/those who sell them.

You may still be able to find some of them on EbaY etc.

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
I was enamored by the Flip at first but I won't be buying one because I don't like how the company handles itself on its social media outlets.

If you're going to buy the stainless steel one, you're primarily doing it for the looks. The SS Flip performs decently, but for the pricetag, you can find better hitting stuff. The gold plated one performs much better but looks quite gaudy. Locking mechanism is awesome too but the throw is too long for me.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I own a V3 Flip (Gold Edition). Have had it for about 2-3 months now. It's a nice mod, hits well, but there are things about it I do not like. For one, you can NOT take the switch apart to clean/service it which is a total bummer. It is known that mechanical mod switches DO get dirty, and V3tronix made it impossible to clean.

Secondly the switch, as it came from the factory, was crunchy and did not retract all the way. So I emailed V3tronix (I will say their customer service is good), and guess what they told me.....guess what they told me?! The said to "spray WD-40 into the switch".......Seriously? WD-40?! I also own several GP Paps (another company that has superior customer service), and I am pretty sure they would never tell me to put WD-40 on any part of their mods!! Needless to say, I did NOT put WD-40 on anything....The switch eventually broke in...

Third, the mod does not stand up straight. When the mod is locked and stood up, it looks like the leaning tower of Piza!! That irks me....

Forth, the switch throw is VERY looooooong....I like a switch with a short throw, so this was kind of a turnoff as well....

So all in all, I say save your money and get something else. I have been underwhelmed by the Flip (especially for the money I paid!!) and almost never use it. It just looks nice sitting (lopsided!) on my mantle. What's worse, I got it engraved with my initials, so that basically renders it un-sellable.....

The way they handled the clone thing is what it is.... they threw a public temper tantrum and it just wasn't a good look for them....

I say go for something like a GP Paps....I have been wowed again and again by the quality of their products...it's a company that has unbelievable customer service as well....

Last edited:

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
The way they handled the clone thing is what it is.... they threw a public temper tantrum and it just wasn't a good look for them....QUOTE]

What about the clone thing? What happened?

They just did immature stuff on FB and instagram, like threatening to sue B+M's and Ebay sellers for carrying Flip clones....What they fail to realize is that ANY nice mechanical has and will be cloned.....there's very little V3tronix can do to stop it....so by publicly threatening people directly on social media, it just doesn't look good...

I guess you had to see what they wrote to fully understand it....

porkchopbun

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Northern CALI, USA
I own a V3 Flip (Gold Edition). Have had it for about 2-3 months now. It's a nice mod, hits well, but there are things about it I do not like. For one, you can NOT take the switch apart to clean/service it which is a total bummer. It is known that mechanical mod switches DO get dirty, and V3tronix made it impossible to clean.

Secondly the switch, as it came from the factory, was crunchy and did not retract all the way. So I emailed V3tronix (I will say their customer service is good), and guess what they told me.....guess what they told me?! The said to "spray WD-40 into the switch".......Seriously? WD-40?! I also own several GP Paps (another company that has superior customer service), and I am pretty sure they would never tell me to put WD-40 on any part of their mods!! Needless to say, I did NOT put WD-40 on anything....The switch eventually broke in...

Third, the mod does not stand up straight. When the mod is locked and stood up, it looks like the leaning tower of Piza!! That irks me....

Forth, the switch throw is VERY looooooong....I like a switch with a short throw, so this was kind of a turnoff as well....

So all in all, I say save your money and get something else. I have been underwhelmed by the Flip (especially for the money I paid!!) and almost never use it. It just looks nice sitting (lopsided!) on my mantle. What's worse, I got it engraved with my initials, so that basically renders it un-sellable.....

The way they handled the clone thing is what it is.... they threw a public temper tantrum and it just wasn't a good look for them....

I say go for something like a GP Paps....I have been wowed again and again by the quality of their products...it's a company that has unbelievable customer service as well....

I 2nd, 3rd on GP Paps....quality is amazing...I haven't had to use their Customer service...but craftsman ship on this little guy is top notch....
The only one that comes close to GP is BCV in customer service/craftsman ship...but they have had their issues but their customer service resolved it...no they didn't tell me to spray stuff on it...they replace the part and even admitted on their facebook, forums, etc

I hate it when manufactures say "we are unaware of this issue...blah blah, try chewing gum on it etc"

dhaiken

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
One of my first high end authentic purchases. Bought it even before I started buying Provaris.
I consider it an excellent representation of industrial art. Well thought out and executed design. Gorgeous in a gawdy sort of way. I even sent it back and had a matte finish applied and had it engraved.
I am a flavor junkie, not a cloud chaser and it performs well beyond my requirements. They have even come out with a solid type of top cap for even less voltage loss. I actually run mine with a Kick 2 at 15 watts. It is perfectly adequate for my tastes.
I consider 18350 batteries totally inadequate for anything except a traveling Provari I have configured for short runs. 18500, 18650 & 18650 w/a Kick 2 makes a lot more sense to me.
I didn't pay attention to their social media rants about cloning, but I can understand why they were disturbed. When I first received it I didn't think it could ever be well executed in a clone version and from the reviews I have seen of the clones I was right.
In a nutshell I would not sell, nor trade mine for anything. It will always remain in the stable due to what it is.

Last edited:

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I 2nd, 3rd on GP Paps....quality is amazing...I haven't had to use their Customer service...but craftsman ship on this little guy is top notch....
The only one that comes close to GP is BCV in customer service/craftsman ship...but they have had their issues but their customer service resolved it...no they didn't tell me to spray stuff on it...they replace the part and even admitted on their facebook, forums, etc

I hate it when manufactures say "we are unaware of this issue...blah blah, try chewing gum on it etc"

Oh I can't agree more. My response to V3tronix with the WD40 thing was "You're joking right?".....to which there was no response.....

Yeah GP's customer service is unreal. I had a Heron that had shorting issues, and Domo Vapor (GP's US reseller) sent me a replacement Heron, no questions asked. They even paid to have the defective one shipped back to them!! If you hang out in the Vapourart forum long enough, you'll hear story after story of how their customer service is top notch....

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
Ahhh, ok. Well that's a bummer. Also, the whole switch issue. I'm not about getting the most hard hitting mod I can, but for 250 you should be able to do a complete teardown for cleaning and maint.

So maybe the clone then...

Exactly. Mechanical switches DO get dirty, this we know. So not being able to access the internals is kind of a letdown...

Let me just emphasize, I don't totally hate my Flip. For what it is, it's a very good performer. Hits hard, looks cool (the look is polarizing, you either love it or hate it), and the the way you transition between battery sizes (by flipping the tubes) is ingenious....

I will say if you end up with one, then I would get the solid center post.....I got it with both posts (solid and spring loaded), and the solid post definitely hits harder...

Last edited:

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
The V3 Flip clone is kinda hard to find now since they're getting shut down by V3tronix and they aren't 1:1. The whole thing is the same finish and doesn't have the sharp contrast of polished and matt/brushed accents on it. Angelcigs was selling them cheap but they took it down yesterday after getting a C&D. I was tempted to buy one from them but I don't think I would really get much mileage with either the clone or authentic since the mods I have already perform better.

I don't blame V3tronix at all for protecting their trademark, but the way they go about public shaming is uncalled for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread