V4L does it again!!- New Batts, Bottles, Flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechTechVpr

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
South PA
Just when I thought V4L had hit perfection you guys one-up yourselves !!

So I recently received an order with two of the New[new] XL Auto Batteries ... and have to say ...they are AWESOME...
I have been more partial to my manual batteries lately until I received these beauties ... the draw on the new auto batts is perfect (IMO) and the switches are extra sensitive and reliable (so far; and I am using the heck out of them) NO PRIMER PUFF NECESSARY to produce amazing vapor ...these new autos put my manuals to shame (I actually ordered one manual and one auto, but got two autos...and I'm happy that happened) I may have to try a manual but not sure I see the point now!

As trivial as it may seem the new bottles I received are pretty cool (30ml Peppermint Patty and Mint Chocolate Macadamia) They are a new shape...flat and kind of teardrop shaped ... not only do they look cool ... they stack well on their sides and take up much less space in my stash box.
This may seem like no big deal but when you are building an inventory [like mine] space saving is a great benefit ...I hope they switch all flavors to these bottles ...Leaford ???

I also received several sample cartos of flavors I would probably never have ordered myself ... and have to tell you not one of them was unvapeable [wont find that in your spell checker] and a couple of flavors may have me ordering again (long before I planed to.. thanks a lot guys ...your killing my credit card you know !!! LOL)

Samples received:
*Peach .. now I had tried this before and thought it was gross ...so either it changed or my buds (taste type) have come to life since being analog free for awhile... this flavor is now a light, sweet peachy taste where before I thought it tasted like rotten fruit ...so I can definitely see myself vaping this one as an occasional change up from my usual flavors.
*Orange juice... Jury is still out on this one ...again it is one I tried and didn't love (just didn't like enough to spend money on) but it also seems to have changed ... more of a natural OJ flavor to me .. where the original seemed more like a cheap gum flavor or almost like cheap orange soda
*Strawberry Cinnamon Cream ... If I had read this before actually trying it ...I may not have tried it ... Just not something I would usually consider tying ...but have to tell you ...its pretty darn good ... a very complex flavor and you seem to get waves of the different aspects ... but this is another one I can see me ordering just to have on hand for when I feel like something completely different. Sorry I realize this may not help anyone understand the flavor; but this is one you just have to try to see how it fits YOUR pallet.
*Watermelon... here is another I would have NEVER ordered .. I love eating watermelon...but HATE anything with artificial watermelon flavor, gums, juices, jellybeans etc ... But this flavor is surprisingly AMAZING ...its like someone juiced a real live watermelon and stuck that in a carto ....WELL DONE ...now I see why people rave about this flavor ... another must have even if you don't typically like fruit flavors (but like real watermelons)
*Sour green apple... I had actually thought about this one but never wanted to take a chance (ie waste money that could go toward 555) but it is also a quite realistic flavor... and one I will now likely spend some money on... and this could actually become a regular vape ..It is a very refreshing flavor ... i often eat apples with heavy flavored foods because it tends to clear the pallet ... I think this flavor does the same thing for my vaping ... and the vapor that I get from this flavor (and several of the others mentioned) seems to be more than usual ...quite extraordinary in fact!!

So what every you guys are doing to the flavors now ....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ...and thanks for the samples ...you have broadened my horizons (and threatened my credit score ...down side ...LOL)

So in summary .... V4L RULES ... and i can't wait to see what they do with this product/industry next ... I think that is one of the reasons I wont go anywhere else ... you guys are the forefront of advancement for the PV industry

PS: only one caveat here is that I may have a problem with the threads on my new batteries ...some of my carts will not thread on at all (some take extra effort, and some fit fine ...so not sure what going on yet ... think ill wait till Val is out of commission for a while so I can bug the heck out of Born with my problems.... he he he heeee.... coming for you Born !!!!)

PPS: this may be the 37th thread with this info ... sorry for not keeping up like I want to lately...been crazy at my house with my favorite sidekick (grandson) more or less living with me now ... but then ... not sure I care if this is a repeat ...V4L deserves the extra praise ... and there is my "two cents"

dEEzPuffs

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2010
Southern Cal
Great review! I love my new auto shorties. Never tried the old ones tho but I do have the standard manuals to compare them too. I look forward to getting some auto xls.

I have the same problem with the threads. Many are wobbly, some take some tough love and I have a few cartos that won't thread at all on my New autos but go on like butter on my manual standards. Go figure :confused:.

MechTechVpr

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
South PA
Great review! I love my new auto shorties. Never tried the old ones tho but I do have the standard manuals to compare them too. I look forward to getting some auto xls.

I have the same problem with the threads. Many are wobbly, some take some tough love and I have a few cartos that won't thread at all on my New autos but go on like butter on my manual standards. Go figure :confused:.
Thanks.. I have heard of some thread problems on cartos but not much on batts ....I'm just not sure if asking for replacements would make a difference or not so i am going to wait...do some testing and see if i hear anything on the issue before I ask for intervention; but I know they will take care of it if it is a real problem !!

MechTechVpr

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
South PA
Glad you like it all, Mech! And yes, as the old bottles sell out they will be restocked in the new bottle design!

Yessss...isn't it amazing how the simple things can make ya SMILE ... thanks Leaford ...

These new batteries are a great improvement on an already amazing product ... but have you heard of any thread problems ... or is it more likely my carts that are off ??

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Well, all these parts are hand-machined, so it is possible your battery threads are bad. But, OTOH, bad threads on the carts are more common than on the batteries.

Either way, remember this, the battery threads are steel, the carto threads are not. ;)

IOW, try forcing it on, the carto threads will yield before the battery threads will. :thumb:

MechTechVpr

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
South PA
Well, all these parts are hand-machined, so it is possible your battery threads are bad. But, OTOH, bad threads on the carts are more common than on the batteries.

Either way, remember this, the battery threads are steel, the carto threads are not. ;)

IOW, try forcing it on, the carto threads will yield before the battery threads will. :thumb:

Thanks much Leaford ...that is a good point ....I did use a little "persuasion" on a couple but I was worried about messing up the new batts ... Ill give it another go with a bit more oomph...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread