V4L Flavor Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
I was going to call this a cartomizer review, but I have one liquid I need to add to the mix so I stuck with flavor. Some are from me, some from hubby. All are fabulous, but I thought I would share our observations for the new vapors who are struggling with which flavors to order. In the end, you will probably try them all (I am planning to for sure) but I hope this will get you started and help narrow down the overwhelming choices.

I should add fine print that I have not tried all the flavors yet and the list below is based on the one's I have tried. Red Mule and Cola may yet knock my socks off!

In order of my preference:
  1. Pineapple - this is the best flavored cartomizer going - bar none. It is fresh and crisp, and tastes like a perfectly ripened pineapple. It literally bursts with flavor and tastes like the real thing. It is an excellent accompaniment to white wines and fruit salads. Perfect for summertime vaping.
  2. Coconut - OK, so I confess to being half Jamaican, so I am a bit biased on my top two flavor choices. Coconut tastes like the middle of an almond joy bar. Sweet and decadent without being overpowering. If you like coconut cake, then this is the cartomizer for you. Goes great with morning coffee and as an after dinner sweet treat. It also blends well with an alternate of chocolate if you are a double fisted vaper like me!
  3. Chocolate - this one is richer and darker than most of the chocolates I have tasted. It tastes more like a rich cup of hot cocoa (made from scratch of course) than a milk chocolate Hershey bar. You get just a touch of bitter that makes the flavor taste like is was made with Hershey's cocoa and not from a synthetic chocolate flavoring. Awesome buddy to a chocolate martini or after dinner desert.
  4. Peanut Butter Cup - this one tastes like the middle of a Reese's cup but less sweet. It tastes more like real peanut butter than a confection. It is another loud flavor, so if you don't like peanut butter then steer clear. It also pairs nicely with chocolate for a true Reese's cup experience though I taste no chocolate at all in this flavor standing alone. Would pair nicely with a chilled Irish Creme.
  5. Blueberry - not as much like real blueberries as the pineapple is to real pineapple, but not a blueberry candy flavor by any stretch. It starts out with little flavor until it hits the back of your tongue. Then the flavor really hits hard. It is tangy with a subtle hint of grape undertones.
  6. Banana nobacco juice - creamy with a slight tangy hit like a fresh banana that has been perfectly ripened. I experimented a bit with this one, adding it to a vanilla cart and the result was very close to vanilla pudding. I also tried it with a vanilla flavored e-juice and had similar results but it was much better with the e-juice than it was with the vanilla cartomizer. More on the vanilla cart and why I think this is, below.
  7. Cappuccino - very smooth and creamy with a slightly nutty (almond) flavor. If you like a rich cappuccino with no sugar, this is an excellent choice. To me, it pairs better with my morning coffee even better than the coffee one does. If you like cream in your coffee - you will love this!
  8. Coffee - very similar to the cappuccino, but is almost the opposite side of the house. If you like coffee with sugar but no cream, this one is a better choice - closer to espresso with a dash of chocolate and a few spoons of sugar.
  9. Vanilla - another slightly nutty flavor, but this one is a bit flowery as well. If you like rich vanillas with sugar and cream, this is not the right one for you. It is more like the smell of a vanilla flower. Vanilla undertones mixed with roses, but with a subtle hint of nutmeg and cinnamon. You taste this one more on the exhale and I got flashbacks to my youth and my mother's warm milk recipe. I believe the slight flowery taste is the reason it did not pair as nicely with the banana as the e-juice I used.
  10. Raspberry - my least favorite of the cartomizers I have tried so far. It is not nearly as crisp as some of the other flavors and veers furthest from the fruit it is based on. This one is closer to a candy flavor than the others and has a hint of mulberry on the exhale. It is still very nice but does not stack up against the others.
From Hubby:
  1. Cappuccino is his favorite, which shocked us both since he was initially very adamant about only using Tobacco flavors. He loves this one and likens it to a latte from Starbucks.
  2. Coffee is second on his list of things to vape today. He used to drink coffee all day long so this one is no surprise. He has been able to cut his caffeine intake with this one and the cappuccino as he gets the urge to have a cup of joe satisfied with nicotine cartomizers instead - who'd a thunk it?
  3. Marlboro - he says it is the closest thing to his beloved Marlboro reds that he has ever tasted. His first drag on one of these was what pushed him over the edge believing that vaping would one day completely replace smoking.
  4. Hilton - another tobacco flavor he quite likes but he says it feels like he is smoking someone else's brand. In other words, it is much like the Marlboro in quality, just not as good at replacing the smoking habit for him as his trusty Marlboro flavor.
I will post more as I explore - and what a fun journey it has been! Thanks Steve!

These are only the opinions of two vapers, and I encourage others to post their own observations as well!

Last edited:

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
I am having a hard time with my VK ... but I can say that I LOVE the flavor of the Dr. Pepper cartomizer ... which is strange because I hate drinking Dr. Pepper (like drinking sugar syrup to me).

Dr. Pepper tastes like it has peppermint in it to me. I am vaping it for the first time today. But I do like it.

RyGuy

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2009
Colorado
Great post not quit sure bout the Coconut one though... Don't get me wrong i love Coconut but theres something not right bout it and IMO tastes like Coconut lotion blah... Every flavor I've tried from V4L is great, but it doesn't taste like i'd imagine it should...

To me the Coconut taste just like Malibu rum. Not for me, but if you like Malibu, this one might be for you.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Thank you for the great review. I have a couple of your top choices on an order that should be here tomorrow...can't wait to give them a try!

Me too! It will be a banner week at my house! I will (hopefully) have an order coming Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday! Whooo Hoooo! Christmas! And some yummy flavors to try too! Can't wait to get more of that Vanilla, which right now is my fave, followed closely by Coffee or Cappucino!

Oh, and I can't wait to try the pineapple everyone has been raving about!

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Day 2 with my vapor king and WOW love it... Coughin alot though lol but thats ok i haven't given up.Might try a lower mg next time i order, diffenatly going to try the vanilla next :D

What nic are you using? I found the 16 is perfect on the battery, and the 11 or 8 or 6 is good on the passthrough. Be sure to drink lots of fluids. I have found when I chain vape (usually when on the computer) my throat gets a bit dry too. A bottle of water at my side helps... ;)

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
JenJen - you've got to try the Cola. When I first started I figured I'd be a 'tobacco flavor only' kind of gal. None of these fruity flavors for me! Now I find that I like them much better than the tobacco flavors and strangely enough they are the ones that keep the 'craving for an analog' demon away better. And, btw, said 'demon' has become a shadow of it's former self. YAHHH!! Anyway, the cola is great! As someone else here mentioned, you can actually feel the 'fizz'! Can hardly wait to try out the pineapple that I know is in my package today!!

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
JenJen - you've got to try the Cola. When I first started I figured I'd be a 'tobacco flavor only' kind of gal. None of these fruity flavors for me! Now I find that I like them much better than the tobacco flavors and strangely enough they are the ones that keep the 'craving for an analog' demon away better. And, btw, said 'demon' has become a shadow of it's former self. YAHHH!! Anyway, the cola is great! As someone else here mentioned, you can actually feel the 'fizz'! Can hardly wait to try out the pineapple that I know is in my package today!!

I am hoping to get a package today too! *crosses fingers* I was also surprised that I liked the other flavors because I thought I would be a tobacco flavor only kind of gal too! Vanilla and Cappucino seem to be my currant faves, but I am anxious to try the pineapple that I finally ordered (should be here Weds.)

By the way, I love Victoria - one of my favorite places in the world! How lucky for you to live there! Beautiful beautiful place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread