Vamo broke my Evod!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe it was me! I filled the evod and screwed it onto the vamo. After emptying the tank, I tried to unscrew it but it was the tank and not the evod head that I unscrewed. So I screwed the tank back onto the head and pushed down to try to have the head of the evod unscrew. Bad move, I broke the head right at the threads. I was able to use my vise grips to remove the head from the vamo but it taught me a lesson. If it doesn't come off just use some vise grips.

PS. Is there a prize for using the word 'screw' the most times in a single thread? ;)

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Or maybe it was me! I filled the evod and screwed it onto the vamo. After emptying the tank, I tried to unscrew it but it was the tank and not the evod head that I unscrewed. So I screwed the tank back onto the head and pushed down to try to have the head of the evod unscrew. Bad move, I broke the head right at the threads. I was able to use my vise grips to remove the head from the vamo but it taught me a lesson. If it doesn't come off just use some vise grips.

PS. Is there a prize for using the word 'screw' the most times in a single thread? ;)

I did something similar to a couple of different devices....they useful life of them wasnt long...lol

Be careful not to over tighten anything on the Vamo...bad things tend happen when you do...the center pin gets pushed down and can stay down...sometimes you can get it pulled back up and sometimes it damages it. Some folks have reported issues with the threads getting messed up and it seems from what I can gather that you can screw the threads up on it pretty easily if you aren't careful. You should only screw the delivery device on till it stops turning. Anything beyond that is unnecessary. Many people use adapters so they don't have to continually screw directly into the Vamo. They are excellent devices, but they were built to a price point...:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread