Vamo failed and would not turn off..FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
don't know if this is a common way for these devices to fail, but thought I should mention it..about 2 weeks ago I was vaping in my house..took a puff off the vamo and set it down..the damn thing stayed on..I quickly unscrewed the tube and took the battery out..tried it again and as soon as I turned the device on it would fire constantly..hopefully mine is an isolated case, but would like to put word out that this is a possible failure for the vamo and not a very safe way to fail lol..

Kaywalsk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
This is strange. The VAMO I got from vaporbreak had a slightly sticky button, so when I would hit the fire button it would fire longer than I wanted, due to the button sticking. However I did notice that it has a cut-off, so on mine, it won't just sit there and fire forever, it's got a timer.

Have you tried to see what happens if you leave something on there to try and get that timer to go off? Perhaps you have an old carto or something you can throw on, in-case it just fries it?

struckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2012
Ontario, Canada
This is strange. The VAMO I got from vaporbreak had a slightly sticky button, so when I would hit the fire button it would fire longer than I wanted, due to the button sticking. However I did notice that it has a cut-off, so on mine, it won't just sit there and fire forever, it's got a timer.

Have you tried to see what happens if you leave something on there to try and get that timer to go off? Perhaps you have an old carto or something you can throw on, in-case it just fries it?

I thought it was the button sticking also so I pulled the cap and assembled it without buttons..would have used a toothpick to press the circuit board fire button..same thing occurred..board had the tell-tale burnt resistor smell to it..funny thing is..even before turning the vamo on with 5 clicks..the atty would be firing, but with a very low amount of current..5 clicks and it would fire full out and would not stock..I never attempted to see if it would time itself out, but the board it dead as of now..won't even fire..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread