The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vamo failed and would not turn off..FYI

Discussion in 'VAMO' started by struckus, Apr 10, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. struckus

struckus Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    don't know if this is a common way for these devices to fail, but thought I should mention it..about 2 weeks ago I was vaping in my house..took a puff off the vamo and set it down..the damn thing stayed on..I quickly unscrewed the tube and took the battery out..tried it again and as soon as I turned the device on it would fire constantly..hopefully mine is an isolated case, but would like to put word out that this is a possible failure for the vamo and not a very safe way to fail lol..

2. Kaywalsk

Kaywalsk Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is strange. The VAMO I got from vaporbreak had a slightly sticky button, so when I would hit the fire button it would fire longer than I wanted, due to the button sticking. However I did notice that it has a cut-off, so on mine, it won't just sit there and fire forever, it's got a timer.

Have you tried to see what happens if you leave something on there to try and get that timer to go off? Perhaps you have an old carto or something you can throw on, in-case it just fries it?

3. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I thought it was the button sticking also so I pulled the cap and assembled it without buttons..would have used a toothpick to press the circuit board fire button..same thing occurred..board had the tell-tale burnt resistor smell to it..funny thing is..even before turning the vamo on with 5 clicks..the atty would be firing, but with a very low amount of current..5 clicks and it would fire full out and would not stock..I never attempted to see if it would time itself out, but the board it dead as of now..won't even fire..

4. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Search Vamo PCB - replaceable

5. struckus

Oct 24, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    yeah a vendor in Canada was going to get one at cost for me..the threads were not great though on it so just ended up getting a SS from vaporbreak..wanted the SS anyway..

6. nahoku

nahoku Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2013
    Orange County CA
    Unfortunately this can happen with any electronic device once a short occurs on the PWB itself. Sorry to hear about that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.