VAMO from vaporbreak.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
ouch, that was painfull even reading, i can only imagine what it felt like recieving that reply.
but, it was to the point.

He's probably laughing...The guy is my buddy and I was giving him crap...we work together at the same company....I wrote that 5 minutes after we just got back from going out for a vape....lol...he expects stuff like that from me....:vapor:

He's probably laughing...The guy is my buddy and I was giving him crap...we work together at the same company....I wrote that 5 minutes after we just got back from going out for a vape....lol...he expects stuff like that from me....:vapor:
figured as much, hehehe.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Has anyone else ordered and received the stainless Vamos from VB and got a new "sunglass dark" window? I just got mine yesterday and am blown away by how cool the new viewing window looks! Will post a pic if no one else has one yet.

I received one as well. Too cool!!

That really made me tear up Spike. . . . NOT. I am tearing up over not having my VAMO yet though.

@ Mrcarcrazy That still puts me ordering a day before and it's a day after. . . Make that two days after and still nada. It's just frustrating, that's all. Wish I would've spent the $10 more and ordered here. My eGOs are holding up for the time being.

I ordered on the 13th MAy 2013 left hong kong on the 20th. my shipping status is the following and has not changed since the 20th
Destination Country - South Africa:Tracking Consuming:5476 Millisecond

Origin Country - Hong Kong:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2013/05/30 09:56:38
20-May-2013, The item (RC012741384HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 20-May-2013

do i just wait?

Sarje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Jeffreys Bay
I ordered on the 13th MAy 2013 left hong kong on the 20th. my shipping status is the following and has not changed since the 20th
Destination Country - South Africa:Tracking Consuming:5476 Millisecond

Origin Country - Hong Kong:Tracking Consuming:0 Millisecond, Cache Time:2013/05/30 09:56:38
20-May-2013, The item (RC012741384HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 20-May-2013

do i just wait?

Yep, just wait. 10 days is about right from China to SA. I reckon it'll show up as having landed at ORT in the next couple of days. You can track from then using the tracking number VB gave you on parceltrack.co.za or the SAPO tracking site.

Mrcarcrazy

Verified Member
Jul 29, 2010
Odessa, TX
That really made me tear up Spike. . . . NOT. I am tearing up over not having my VAMO yet though.

@ Mrcarcrazy That still puts me ordering a day before and it's a day after. . . Make that two days after and still nada. It's just frustrating, that's all. Wish I would've spent the $10 more and ordered here. My eGOs are holding up for the time being.

Yeah, I caught on to that. I'm still betting it will show up before you get any more tracking info (I trust in the incompetence of USPS).

Oh and FWIW, mine doesn't have the tinted glass...

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan

LOL...basically, its the same grief I gave you here at work over the same subject.....I remember you telling me that you ordered it from VB...I wish you had told me before you did as I was already aware of this thread and might have saved you some grief....:ohmy:

LOL...basically, its the same grief I gave you here at work over the same subject.....I remember you telling me that you ordered it from VB...I wish you had told me before you did as I was already aware of this thread and might have saved you some grief....:ohmy:

I looked and it seemed as though their shipping was getting better. They had a major bump because of their new year. Was seeing others on here getting them in like 10 days and was thinking I could deal with that. . .

VapRLady

ECF Veteran
Very cool wraps! How did you make those? Thanks.
I just used the wrap pattern that is in the vamo thread and cut it out of leather, used a leather punch and made holes up the back seam, laced them up, then used Crafters leather glue to apply second color of leather over the first, covering most of the lacing in the back.

I'm afraid it's permanent laced this way, you would have to cut it off to get it loose since the second layer overlaps the lacing. It makes for a nice soft grip though and it's very comfortable in the hand.

I have added more embellishments since then and have some more ideas but I need to get to a craft store to finish them the way I want. Will post more pics once I get them better dressed out.....

By the way, I ordered Vamos from both Vaporbreak and Fasttech, both stainless and both the same week, the Vaporbrteaks got to me in Florida within ten days, my Fasttech Vamos are languishing on a dock somewhere in China still, so no matter who you order from, there can be delays, it all depends on the China Post.....I have ordered from Fasttech before and got my order in ten days before so it all depends on the mood of THEIR postal system, most of these places use a private sorting facility and that's where they can get lost in the shuffle for a while, but they do eventually show up giving you and excuse to order a couple more from somewhere else, giving you a hobby checking your tracking everyday to see which one is coming faster....all in all have had good experiences with both companies.

Last edited:
Well, mine finally came. . . . the 18650 efest battery that I ordered is blue and unlabeled, so I have no idea what it is. The 18350's were supposed to be 900's and they're 800's. . . Good job Vaporbreak, you won't be seeing any more of my money! They won't respond to any of my emails now. . .

Oh and the 18650 had some rust on it. . .

Last edited:

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Well, mine finally came. . . . the 18650 efest battery that I ordered is blue and unlabeled, so I have no idea what it is. The 18350's were supposed to be 900's and they're 800's. . . Good job Vaporbreak, you won't be seeing any more of my money! They won't respond to any of my emails now. . .

Oh and the 18650 had some rust on it. . .

I wise man once told me "you get what you pay for"...and it's true in just about all things. The difference here is that you didnt get the batts that you were supposed to get. Who knows what brand, spec, or mAh rating that 18650 is? Is it protected? (not that you would want it to be with the Vamo), is it high drain?...is it IMR?...what is it?....That would be a "one and done" with any vendor, especially if they wont answer my emails...

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, will never order from them again. On the up side, I hope others read my postings and learn from my mistakes. And wait a sec. . . You said go for it. LoL

I always tell you to go for it...its easy and its your money after all...hahahaha....but I didnt tell you to order from them...:ohmy:

Sorry to hear about everyone's troubles. I ordered my Vamo for VaporBreak.............................and then found this thread. It's been killing me watching this thread develop as i waited to see what happened. Because everyone raved about about FastTech I bought a RBA from them a day later. Vaporbreak accepted my order immediately and then the dreaded "Origin Post is preparing your order" for 13 days until it updated to delivered! 13 days from order to my hand, not bad from China (regular days not business days). Fast tech on the other hand didn't even acknowledge my order for 3 days then shipped it out and i received one day before my Vamo, so about 11 days. Still not bad. My Vamo and DID clone from VB look and perform great! My Cobra clone from FastTech looks like someone buried it in the dirt then put it back in the box to ship it. I've cleaned it twice and I'm still afraid to use it. I guess the moral is ordering from China is a crap shoot no matter who you order from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread