Vamo Has Spoiled Me Rotten!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
After having my V3 for a month, I can't say enough good things about it. I love it so much, I'm afraid it has totally spoiled me.

I ordered a mech from fasttech so I could have a second tank mounted on another mod to avoid having to take tanks on and off the Vamo all the time. Thought it might be nice to vape on the Vamo awhile, then reach over and vape another tank/flavor on the mod.

Not so much!

I got the mech today and it's everything it was supposed to be. All brass, a beautiful gold. Excellent threads, smooth as what I imagine a Provari to be. A floating pin. Even reverse threading for locking the bottom firing button. And when I stuck the 2.1ohm PT2 on it, it hit like a train. Buuuuut.....

......... it's not my Vamo!!! And I don't really care for it. I don't like the firing button on the bottom. I don't like that it can only fire @ 3.7v.... and even if I added a kick I'm not a "set it and forget it" person. I like clicking my watts up and down as needed. For example when the Vamo's cold, I kick up the watts until it gets warmed up to get a better vape, then kick 'em back down. When I change a tank or refill I might kick up the watts to remedy an initial gurgle. When I've been chain vaping and hit that perfect performance straight-away, I can kick the watts down a bit...

I sort of chase, fine-tune the sweet spot, which to some degree shifts, depending. I'm a clicker. And I love being able to walk the watts up and down so conveniently. I also am rebuilding a lot and trying new things and when I switch tanks or coils I often remind myself which build I'm on by checking the ohms.

So I sat with my PT2 on this mech thinking... Hm. Then the IGO-L. After dropping in some juice, I needed to fire it hotter to get it going... er... no clicky clicky. :(

The mech is... well. Sort of a cataclysmic device. If nothing else worked... if my Vamo was stolen or aliens were hovering nearby emanating a magnetic field that was disrupting all microchip circuitry... then I imagine I might think, "Thank god for this mech!" But other than that, I don't see the love. Everyone talks so fondly of their mech's. I don't get it. And though it was inexpensive at just $16 and change, if I would have known I would have rather put $20 more with it and gotten another V3. Because I'd much rather have a boatload of Vamo's "in case of emergency," than a mech. So I might as well start collecting them now.

I can see having one mech in the house for some future e-cig holocaust where nothing has been available for years because it's all been outlawed and everything we once owned has long since died [which I don't believe will ever happen but erring on the side of caution never hurts]... and maybe to let company vape with, if someone wants to try it, to avoid having to hand them your precious Vamo. (Not that it's delicate, but it deserves to be handled by someone who appreciates it.) :D But other than that...

So yes. I am a Vamo sl%$. And I am perfectly happy with this. :toast:

SpicyMcHaggis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hamilton Ohio
It's a fine device. I've had mine for over a month and love it. I use it all day everyday. I also have a Zmax and a ProVari. The Vamo goes with me when I go out and about. I use them all at home because I love having several flavors going, but my Vamo gets most of the use. Very happy with mine.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
After having my V3 for a month, I can't say enough good things about it. I love it so much, I'm afraid it has totally spoiled me.

I ordered a mech from FastTech so I could have a second tank mounted on another mod to avoid having to take tanks on and off the Vamo all the time. Thought it might be nice to vape on the Vamo awhile, then reach over and vape another tank/flavor on the mod.

Not so much!

I got the mech today and it's everything it was supposed to be. All brass, a beautiful gold. Excellent threads, smooth as what I imagine a Provari to be. A floating pin. Even reverse threading for locking the bottom firing button. And when I stuck the 2.1ohm PT2 on it, it hit like a train. Buuuuut.....

......... it's not my Vamo!!! And I don't really care for it. I don't like the firing button on the bottom. I don't like that it can only fire @ 3.7v.... and even if I added a kick I'm not a "set it and forget it" person. I like clicking my watts up and down as needed. For example when the Vamo's cold, I kick up the watts until it gets warmed up to get a better vape, then kick 'em back down. When I change a tank or refill I might kick up the watts to remedy an initial gurgle. When I've been chain vaping and hit that perfect performance straight-away, I can kick the watts down a bit...

I sort of chase, fine-tune the sweet spot, which to some degree shifts, depending. I'm a clicker. And I love being able to walk the watts up and down so conveniently. I also am rebuilding a lot and trying new things and when I switch tanks or coils I often remind myself which build I'm on by checking the ohms.

So I sat with my PT2 on this mech thinking... Hm. Then the IGO-L. After dropping in some juice, I needed to fire it hotter to get it going... er... no clicky clicky. :(

The mech is... well. Sort of a cataclysmic device. If nothing else worked... if my Vamo was stolen or aliens were hovering nearby emanating a magnetic field that was disrupting all microchip circuitry... then I imagine I might think, "Thank god for this mech!" But other than that, I don't see the love. Everyone talks so fondly of their mech's. I don't get it. And though it was inexpensive at just $16 and change, if I would have known I would have rather put $20 more with it and gotten another V3. Because I'd much rather have a boatload of Vamo's "in case of emergency," than a mech. So I might as well start collecting them now.

I can see having one mech in the house for some future e-cig holocaust where nothing has been available for years because it's all been outlawed and everything we once owned has long since died [which I don't believe will ever happen but erring on the side of caution never hurts]... and maybe to let company vape with, if someone wants to try it, to avoid having to hand them your precious Vamo. (Not that it's delicate, but it deserves to be handled by someone who appreciates it.) :D But other than that...

So yes. I am a Vamo sl%$. And I am perfectly happy with this. :toast:

Awesome!

We are Vamoan...we shall not be moved!

Mine is combat ready :D

desertdigicam_zpsea96165a.jpg

Oh yeah..and trace...if your mechanical runs a 18650 battery in it, you can get 18500's and a kick and turn it into a set it and forget it VW APV (just thought you should know)

Last edited:

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Yep, love my V3. I dont go anywhere wihout it. Had it just about a month. Works great and easier to hold than my egos. It does everything a Provari does for a fraction of the cost.

Correction: It does more than a Provari does for a fraction of the cost. It is VW, a Provari is not. And it has an OLED screen and an easier menu system. :)

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Awesome!

We are Vamoan...we shall not be moved!

Love it! :toast: Cool combat wrap too!

Oh yeah..and trace...if your mechanical runs a 18650 battery in it, you can get 18500's and a kick and turn it into a set it and forget it VW APV (just thought you should know)

Thanks, it does hold an 18650 but I ain't a 'set it and forget it' kinda gal. I'm a clicky-clicky gal. And it's too much trouble to take out a kick and change it constantly. Maybe when I find the perfect coil build and turn out attys that are exactly alike that might be more of an option. But after just learning how to build a cotton wick that won't flood, I just read the BCC vertical coil thread for turning an atty into a stubby carto, and am waiting on 30g kanthal, so the experimentation continues... In the meantime the mech will go in a drawer.

But who needs it when I gots me my Vamo! :D

footbag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
NEPA
I love mine. I wonder how many APV's I would've been through if someone hadn't suggested the Vamo.

Now, I also want a new APV. But not because the Vamo isn't performing. Of course the possibility that the threads will strip is always in my mind. But until Provari comes our with VW, a backup Vamo is probably at the top of my list.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I keep toying with the idea of an Itaste MVP as yet another backup, but find it hard to justify as both my Vamo v2 SS are going strong and I love them. Decisions, decisions... :)

The iTaste seems to be the alternative choice to a Vamo, but AFAIK the Vamo (Version 3 and up) is the only one with the really nice OLED screen and easy menus... I might suggest you try a V3, or if you don't like the swirls, a V5 is the same exact thing as a V3 minus the swirls.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
I just got mine J-Wrapped

I see you put your Avatar on your Vamo! :D

solution to being spoiled by the Vamo - buy another Vamo - one a home; one at work; one in your car; one for the road...:D

You got that right! And a couple stashed away like vernhall says... Ideally I'd have 3 in rotation and 5 put away. But in all likelihood something even better will come along before all 8 would wear out. :D

_sidekick_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
I love my Vamo too, but IMO, a mechanical is always nice to have. It can fire ANY coil you build, regardless of resistance and it's not ever going to break. The small size of mechanicals is nice as well. My private V2 in 18490 mode w/ an Igo-W, fauxgotti top cap and drip tip is shorter than my vamo in 350 mode with an Igo-L and drip tip by quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread