Vamo V2.5 my own improvments

Status
Not open for further replies.

grobbins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
So today i got a little bored at work while literally waiting for piant to dry lol it was then i decided to tear my vamo to pieces and see just what could be done. Below you will see before and after pictures, it is a stainless steel vamo it has been powder coated a fine textured black to offer a better look as well as feel with more grip. Then i went ahead and brushed both the top and end caps as i wanted them to remain uncoated because any time i have dropped my pv's its almost always been one of the ends to smack the ground first and and i would rather have a scratch mark in stainless steel then a chip in the powder coating + who does not like the look of brushed stainless :) Even brushed the steel buttons because i wanted them to be two-tone with the top and end caps, i could of went alot more agressive brushing the metal but i have no back ups yet for this so i was being risky enough in my mind lol.

After that was done and the parts cooled out of the oven it came time to put it all back together, so i decided to use a small bead of JB chemical weld inside each press fitted section to make sure they would not come apart again. This happened to me 2 or 3 times in the past where i dropped my vamo and the middle section came loose and i would have to press fit it back in :( I'm sorry to for not making clickable thumbnails for the pictures i have absolutley no clue how to and am doing this all on my android :p

The Before
20130214_134145_zps7368a866.jpg

And the after with some close ups
20130220_143738_zps0b42054b.jpg

20130220_143752_zps1f295c25.jpg

20130220_143823_zps295f5d37.jpg

20130220_143914_zps93f68f80.jpg

So yeah thats about it for now, tomorrow or friday i will be silk screening my username and maybe a logo if i can think of one. I will update with a new picture once i do so all you can see.

UPDATED PICTURES

So before going to work this morning i whipped up this artwork quick on the laptop while drinking my morning coffee and vaping krispy treat ;) Its nothing fancy because i really didnt have the time and also because i didnt really care that much as this was all just for fun and i plan on buying another vamo anyway and doing it all again lol

20130221_152655_zpsc6c0a982.jpg

20130221_152712_zps4ce0d43c.jpg

20130221_154429_zpsbb8f0f52.jpg

grobbins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
nice job gord. got mine today and I'm like you...love to customize :) I would like to do something like that one day also but not quite as handy as you lol.
cheers

i have to ask because i do not recognize the username are you from over at wackedoutecig.ca ? just wondering because not alot of people on forums know my real/first name lmao that and your local Ontario so im just assuming.

grobbins

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
it is a stainless steel version so no chrome plating was sanded down just stainless steel lightly brushed with my coarse grade synthetic fiber wheel on a grinding stand.

As for the top cap that must be punched out from the bottom but to do that it is really really hard with out removing the circuit board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread