Vamo V2 alternative? My 510 threads are wearing out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vangroover

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Hi all,

I've had my Vamo V2 for about two months now and the 510 threads are wearing out.

It may be that I'm a bit rough with my gear, I don't know. I do switch out clearos, carts, and atomizers daily, so the threads have been seeing quite a bit of use, I suppose. Still, I didn't expect them to wear out quite this soon.

I'm now looking for a possible replacement. Other than the threading, I've been enjoying the Vamo quite a bit. So, I may just order another and treat it with greater care. However, I was hoping some of you might pipe in with recommendations on other vv/vw mods that may be a bit sturdier.

I'm all ears guys and gals!

Thanks in advance.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi

The 510 connection is a weak link it the Vamo. I haven't had a problem with mine, because I learned of it early on and have been very, very careful. I hate having to baby a mod.

You' likely get lots of suggestions. My biggest one is no matter what APVs you are considering, read the sub-forums to see the kinds of experiences current owners are having.

vangroover

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
I didn't think wearing out threads was possible, except for cross threading. The Sigelei ZMax is a good choice. Stainless steel connector is stronger than the brass on the Vamo. The telescope feature opens up a full range of batteries, and the price is reasonable.

What's "cross threading," Boston Jim?

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
have you thought of fixing your VAMO by using an adapter

then you can abuse the adapter and replace as needed...

Joye 510 to Joye eGo or eGo-T style connector adapter
I emailed what I think is the original manufacturer of the Vamo V3 and asked them if they have individual parts for repair

They told me no

Pretty much how everything in a "consumer society" goes...buy a cheap one...when it breaks...chuck it and buy another one

I did come across the below...but you have to order from the UK (don't know about shipping)
http://www.stealthvape.co.uk/vamo-top-cap
vamo-battery-connector-end-cap-500x500.JPG

Then there is this video

One solution is
Vamo SS Battery Connector / Top Cap

I like my Vamo even though I seem to have a collection of other mods. You can always get another Vamo... just the device and not the whole kit for about $37. The parts are interchangeable with the V3 version.
The V2 head and the control head on the V3 don't appear to be interchangeable...the V2 looks like a cap, the V3 is press fit into the tube and has the removable beauty ring

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
have you thought of fixing your VAMO by using an adapter

then you can abuse the adapter and replace as needed...

Joye 510 to Joye eGo or eGo-T style connector adapter

The problem with stripped threads is that they won't HOLD an adaptor since the adaptor has threads that screw into the 510 connection.

already been this route with an SS vtube from Apollo......nice mod, but once those threads stripped.....I got the same adaptor you suggested from vapor kings, too :lol:

Only way I could think to make it work was to glue the adaptor into the connection, then put a delivery device off the adaptor. But the adaptor won't stay on stripped threads.

Not that I'm a fangirl of any particular mod, since I've used and owned many, but is precisely the reason I now use a REO......the entire mod is rebuildable w/a $20 rebuild kit and alll you need is a screwdriver and a pair of pliers. I bring this up because a lot of people do not realize this, and hence do not realize why there are such loyal fans of this mechanical mod.

I am talking about being able to replace *every* part yourself, in about 10 minutes.

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
The problem with stripped threads is that they won't HOLD an adaptor since the adaptor has threads that screw into the 510 connection.

I think he is concerned because his threads are getting bad (not stripped yet)
thought maybe there was still life enuff left to add said adapter

:)

vangroover

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
View attachment 247962

Get one of these and leave it on the Vamo, use a 510/ego adapter on top if needed for Kanger/ego type devices.

What kind of adapter is that? Would you be able to provide a link?

There is a bit of life left on the threads. I bought a 510 to 510 from a local b&m shop here (that's all they had in stock). It was helping a bit, but not much... Pretty pathetic little Vamo I've got right now...

I really appreciate all the suggestions. Would love to hear more.

I've said it before, and it bears repeating: this is a great forum!!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
It's this, but I've never seen it in stock.
Maybe you can google around for "air flow controller 510" and find it somewhere else!

There is a bit of life left on the threads. I bought a 510 to 510 from a local b&m shop here (that's all they had in stock). It was helping a bit, but not much... Pretty pathetic little Vamo I've got right now...

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Got Vapes has them and they do work;)http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-released-photo-product-discussion-links.html

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread