Vamo v2 burning taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gitum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ca
Hi I'm brand new to mods and I just got a vamo v2 and I love the look of it and the feel! Unfortunately, I just got a brand new Iclear 16 on there and I do VV at 3.0 and I set VW to 6.0 and I get a hardcore burning taste. Other forums said that 6.0 wattage at 3.0 voltage would be great and it just gives a nasty burnt taste. Am I doing something wrong? I am also using 2x 18350 batteries fully charged.

One last question, does setting it to variable wattage essentially ignore the voltage and vapes on wattage only? or do both watts and volts come into play? Same goes for VV. If I vape on variable voltage, does wattage even matter?

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
The burning taste - if you operate in watts mode at 6.0 - would be a wicking issue most likely if the iclear is new and not an old head. What is the viscosity of your liquid? (PG/VG ratio) If its thick it may have trouble wicking.

You can operate in watts OR volts. Not both. Whichever one you look at/change last is the mode you are operating in. If you are operating in watts mode and you switched to a different tank with a different resistance - the vamo will adjust the voltage internally to ensure the power output is still x.x watts. If you operate in volts mode it just is x.x volts and you may have to go up or down with a different resistance topper to find the equal power point.

Hope this helps! A little more info on the juice and we can be of more help there!

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You can set one or the other, VV or VW not both. What ever you set last is the mode it will fire in.

Burnt taste at that low power is more than likley wicking issues.
Is the clearo full & did you allow time for the wicks to saturate before pressing the fire button.
Try taking a few primer puffs ( inhales without pressing fire button).

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
I had this problem with my Vamo2, too. I had it in the wrong setting. There are two basic settings on it- No.1, which is default and No.2, which is RMS. I don't know all the sciency bits, but you might need to change to the No.2 setting. Which involves holding both little buttons for a good- 10 seconds? I would check it but my vamo's batteries are charging.

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Yeah haha I know what you meant. I figured it out and set it in V2 mode. I will post again in about 10 mins and let you know if it is all fixed up. Thanks a lot for the replies. Why is the default set at V1 mode anyways? Everyone says it is worse according to my findings so far.

No idea. I think I've read that they've fixed that in later versions. I just panicked when you said you did a 10 second hit (THAT PERSON IS GOING TO DIE!) :toast:

Gitum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Ca
Thank you everyone for the replies! Problem solved! It was probably a combination of letting the juice settle in and changing it into V2 mode by holding a single button for ~10 seconds. This is wayyyy more smooth with no burn. I am taking the full 10 second hits on 6 watts with no burning taste at all. Thank you guys!

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Thank you everyone for the replies! Problem solved! It was probably a combination of letting the juice settle in and changing it into V2 mode by holding a single button for ~10 seconds. This is wayyyy more smooth with no burn. I am taking the full 10 second hits on 6 watts with no burning taste at all. Thank you guys!

Oh good! I was freaking out myself the first time- I bought mine in a B&M and I tried it while I was there. The counter person said it could be a bad coil head- grommet or whatever but I didn't figure it out until I had done some google-fu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread