Vamo V3 Can be Disassembled

Status
Not open for further replies.

lesborda

May 24, 2009
Kanata,Ontario,Canada
In a long ago quiet thread folks talked about disassembling a Vamo V3 to change the PCB which are available(V5's with OLED screen at VaporBreak.com).
At the top of the stainless tube where the head meets, when you take off the beauty cap you will see a small ridge where the cap is pressed into the body.
Get the device solid on some padding, use a medium to small flat blade screwdriver. Position the tip right where this ridge is. I would advice using a small hobby type hammer, smack the screwdriver, keep going around this ridge.
You will see it begin to separate, now use the screwdriver in this separation and begin giving it small twists as you go around. You will end up prying the cap off with no damage.
I have not removed the PCB yet, I just wanted folks to know it is not impossible to remove that pressed in cap on a Vamo V3.

Regards
Les

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Don't do it like that, you can screw up the tube, it's soft metal. If you have a removable beauty ring remove it and thread a tube, with a cap on the end for support, on and use it for grip n leverage. Apply pressure in a circular motion and it will eventually come apart.

Be careful when you see that it is starting to come off, go gently, it only has half inch of extra wire and you don't want to tear it from the board..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread