Vamo v3 or tesla...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I just can't make up my mind about which of these two devices to buy. The Tesla looks great (even though i've heard people say it looks like a, errr, massage device) but i have seen bad reviews. On the other hand i like the look of the Vamo V3 too. I want a vv vw device so is there a difference between these two. Which is the better build ?. I don't mind having to use use two hands to adjust the tesla, because of the screen being below the buttons. I've also heard it's quite robust. What is your experience with either of these devices ?

Aquitis

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Phoenix AZ
I am going to vote neither. I actually would go with a Vamo V2. Both of my Vamo V3 have had 510 thread issues. The Tesla looks cool but that's all it has going for it. The SVD is a small step up from both of them. A step up from the SVD would be a Zmax Smoktech or Segelei. A step up from the Zmax would be a Provari. It is all a matter of what you want to spend.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
The Tesla does have a few drawbacks, but I love mine! It's a large mod, clocking in at about 8 inches with a protank installed... I find it pocketable, but I always wear cargo shorts.

Because it's machined out of solid aluminum alloy, there's no changing battery sizes. It takes 18650 only... not a problem for me as I prefer a longer battery life over a smaller mod.

Yes, the buttons are over the screen, but that's easy to deal with. If you hold one, you'll see that it's pretty much the only place they could have put them so that you don't hit the +/- buttons when you fire the mod.

I love the looks and heft of it, and I use it all day at my desk at work and in the evenings at home. I've never used a Vamo, so I can't attest to any superiority, but if you like the looks of the Tesla then get one.

Reactions: Kidnapped

ZeroDisorder

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
Oklahoma
I vote Tesla. It's a solid mod. I've had mine since preorder, and I've been able to pocket it in my jeans while working in a metal fabrication scenario with an AGA T2 on it. It's tough, though over the months the black chrome finish has worn off in areas. What do you expect though? It's got just as much power as any other regulated mod. I've recently stopped using it in favor of a mechanical mod I made to use with subohm coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread