Vamo v5 18650 Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

James467809

Oct 24, 2014
Montreal
Hello, i have a vamo v5 with a 5ml aspire nautilus tank. I currently use it with a 3000mah battery. On my ego twists, which are 1600 mah, battery will last me a full day. With this battery, which is double the size apparently, the battery drains from 4.1(full charge)-3.5 in about 5 hours of vaping. (3.5v is when i was told to charge the battery) I go through about 5ml of liquid during this time. I just wanted to know if this was normal or if my battery is dying quick? And another question is whether or not a good charger will make a difference in your battery life. Thanks.

James467809

Oct 24, 2014
Montreal
I use 2 different ones.. Ones the panasonic vtc4 and the other is a trustfire... Both seem to do the same i just put my trustfire in after a full charge and in the first 3 minutes of vaping it went from 4.1 to 4.0... After that it takes much longer per incriment but still.. What wattage is best for good vape and battery life.. I use a 1.6 bvc coil

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi James and welcome. It's almost impossible to estimate how long a battery will last--it all depends on your usage--wattage, coil build, etc. Generally, the higher the wattage, the faster your battery drains.

Please make sure you're using a correct battery for your mod. Safety first.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-9-battery-basics-mods-imr-protected-icr.html

Oh, and don't use that Ultrafire--they are not highly regarded here. ;)

Good luck!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
But still is it normal for a battery to go from 4.1-4.0 almost right away?

With any {blank}Fire battery it is. In most cases they have grossly overstated capacities. If that's a protected ICR TrustFire battery I'm amazed your VAMO is working with it at all. In general TrustFire would be the worst battery choice you could pick for vaping.

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
Too many variables to say about batt life. I second the protected battery advice if that is what the batt is, but will add it could also ruin your Vamo.

What nic level are you at? maybe an increase is in order. Might slow you down on the juice consumption. Works for me, just went back up to 24mg. I was vape whoring.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Too many variables to say about batt life. I second the protected battery advice

You can't use protected (ICR Li Ion) batteries in regulated mods. Besides, they are obsolete and considered dangerous.

What we recommend nowadays are IMR (safe chemistry) or newer hybrid batteries.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have the Vamo V5 Stainless Steel and a Smoktech SID. Both chew through batteries. They now collect dust. No it's not normal to drop from 4.2 to 4.0 in three minutes, but both these devices did it. I moved on to Mechanical Mods, battery life is much improved.

But the OP has a Vamo, so we're trying to deal with his problem ATM. :)

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Your VTC4 is only a 2100 mah battery (if its real, there are lots of fakes). And the trustfire is "God only knows??". Those trustfires are meant for very low amp draw LED flashlites and I would`nt trust them in anything else but a LED flashlite.

My Wife use`s Panasonic 3100 mah batterys in her V5 and they tend to last her all day, and she is most certainly a chain vaper

Batteries are, most seriously, the most important part of the vaping equation and they are the one area you can not skimp on.

Best of luck,

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
My trustfire says its a 3.7v lion high capacity without memory effect precise digital protection circuit built in. Still no good?

As someone else has stated, a protected battery in a protected device like a Vamo is not the right battery. I am surprised it's working at all to be honest.

Again, get yourself a good quality non-protected IMR battery. You'll find that the higher mAh are usually no-name brands or protected batteries. I personally would recommend the AW IMR 18650 2200 mAh

As they don't ship to Canada, you might want to consider 18650 Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top - Batteries - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

Using the wrong battery can cause damage to your equipment or worse still... damage to yourself. You can continue to ask about this battery until someone says it's OK, but it's not. Just pony up the $10 and get yourself a good battery or two.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
There are no good batteries for vaping use with 'fire' in the name. None, zip, zilch, zero.
All APV's require high drain IMR / hybrid chemistry unprotected batteries.

The trustfire you have is not high drain and it is protected which will interfere with the vamos built in protection circuitry & possibly limit the upper power out put ranges.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hello, i have a vamo v5 with a 5ml aspire nautilus tank. I currently use it with a 3000mah battery. On my ego twists, which are 1600 mah, battery will last me a full day. With this battery, which is double the size apparently, the battery drains from 4.1(full charge)-3.5 in about 5 hours of vaping. (3.5v is when i was told to charge the battery) I go through about 5ml of liquid during this time. I just wanted to know if this was normal or if my battery is dying quick? And another question is whether or not a good charger will make a difference in your battery life. Thanks.

Well if you vape on your ego twist at 3 volts, and you vape on your vamo at 4 volts, your battery in the vamo will run down faster.

And furthermore you don't need to change the battery when it goes down to 3.5 volts;
your ego twist cuts off when it's battery goes down to 3.3 volts
your vamo cuts off when the battery goes down to 3.3 volts
so if you compare the time it takes for the ego twist to go down to 3.3 volts to the vamo battery going down to 3.5 volts, it's no surprise the ego twist lasts longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread