USA
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Per OP Request

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I like all of the features of the Vamo V5. Specifically: 5 amp switch, 3 button navigation, variable wattage, can use two 18350's, one 18350 or one 18650 and the low price.

I use a Phiniac rugged 5ml glass tank with either an IKenvape or Smok 1.5 ohm dual coil cartomizer. Excellent tank.

What I don't like about the Vamo and why I am looking at a replacement is the very poor 510 connector threading. I also don't like that you can't lock the settings button so they are not easily changed.

abpigdoc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Alpharetta, GA USA
For the money, I don't think there's anything better. I got mine from China, and use it daily--and all day--for the past 2 1/2 months. I must have ordered it just as I quit smoking tobacco, and it's been durable and faithful. I like the VW convenience as my DIY juices in different attys respond at variable energy. I have a couple of Nautilus tanks for the 'tank crackers' and most recently I'm running an Eden Mods Rose with 1.2-1.3 watt coils. Fires reliably above 1.1 watts. How much more can you ask for with a $30 outlay?

Darthvong

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Ohio. USA
I really love mine as well. Without it I would have never quit smoking.

I use the Aspire Nautilus tank at around 8.5 watts in VW mode and have an Aerotank Mega as a backup.

Sent from my HTC One with Tapatalk

Good to know. I've been eye ballin a Aspire Nautilus for mine.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I use miniprotank bases on my protanks so I use ego threads and not the 510 thread.

302467d1391538435-hello-everyone-img_20140204_141115.jpg

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
I've got a vamo in the mail, would you say these are a necessity?
It is a good idea to have one in reserve, because they might be out-of-stock if and when your threads fail. I have had mine since January, and no problems yet. My other Vamo has a problem with the pin, and I use the Madvapes circuit board spacer (2!) with the adaptor to hold them in place. It is only a backup.

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
I have 2 of them and use them both at the same time, different tank on each. But then I also have 3 eGo style batteries, 2 used one in waiting, and just got a Provari last Friday.

What I found with the Vamo's is they don't give as consistent vape as the eGo's or the Provari because of the PWM and that they Pump out 6 volts to the coil all the time and turn off then on, over and over, to try to average out to the voltage and or wattage you have it set to.

As with the Ego's, 2 of my eGo's are fixed voltage (3.7v) and the PV give a cleaner, flat line, DC voltage to the coil at what you have set it to, in the case of a variable voltage setting.

I found this out from a video from PBusardo.

And yes I use all 5 of these larger devices when I am home, along with 2 Halocigs G6 batteries and 2 of their cartomizers. When I'm out and about I take the 2 G6 batteries and 2 larger Mods. Usually one eGo and before I got the PV I took one of the Vamo's but now I take the PV with a Kayfun on it.

I like variety in my Vape.

Just got my vamo v5 in the mail. With fully charged battery it was firing fine, next time I tried to use it it said low v. I took the battery out and popped it in the charger and it was reading 4.1v, so I put it back in and it worked fine again. Not sure why that happened but I'm hoping that it was a problem that won't happen again.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I've had my stainless vamo for about a month and a half now and overall,very happy with it,other than the very occasional shutting itself off,but that doesn't happen very often.I just bought another one in the black chrome finish a few days ago,and before it got used,i put a clear skin on it,as i have read alot about the finish wearing off,and i like the color,sowanted to protect it from wearing off.This new one is pretty wild,it is still a v5,but i guess it could be considered a v2 of the v5 haha.It has a new display,instead of only showing the volts or the battery strength,etc. it has a multi screen that shows volts or watts,the coil resistance,and a battery meter all on the screen at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread