Vamo V5 Owners Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Hi, I just bought one of these silicone vamo-sleeves from Madtown and It will fit V1-V5 And it's only $5. I have a V2 & V5, both of which are slippery in stainless. These would also be great to use on the chrome if your finish is fading. Tons of colors. I got the girly pink to try them out. You can get free shipping with freeship coupon code. I ordered a couple of motorbike handle sleeves for this purpose but they haven't arrived yet and I think these sleeves will be way better. (Wraps don't stick well to stainless)

Anyways, I love both my vamos, just wish they would change the cap back to the V2 style for that flush fit look on the 22mm rda. That's why I love my V2. I love the oled screen on the V5 though. Cheers!

image.jpg

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
I received the Vamo from Ali express today. Seams to work fine. Their idea of stainless is polished not brushed but I think I can live with it.

I have owned my original KSD Vamo for a month and a half now and love it. Pictured below with the Mega.

Ali Vamo 2.jpg

What is surprising is the KSD patent number on the scrolling OLED. No firmware version shows up on the fire button down battery connect. It does not say "hello" like other fakes or "Vamo" like the KSD or anything at all when connecting the battery, just blank.

The fit and finish is not as refined as my first one. threads a little more course and more gap in the seam where the tube is pressed to the bottom of the control head.

Ali Vamo 3.jpg

Appears to not be a spring loaded connector, like the first one has. Therefor more gap at the ring for locking I guess.

Ali Vamo 6.jpg

Smaller dimples on the ring.

Steel spring in batt cap and longer, not as easy to use.

Buttons are not rounded of on the edges as much as the first one. Dimples larger, fire button tight + - buttons rattle a little, opposite of my first one. :)

Ali Vamo 4.jpg

Oddly the OLED screen cover is fitted more flush with the unit than the first one. Vamo people know that one. The screen display parameters are different and I have yet to figure out how to get the ohms, batt meter and watts to show at the same time, like the first one. You pretty much just pick one thing to display and it goes away fast unlike the original that lingers.

All in all it works, works well for now heh and for 17.10 shipped to my door I sure as hell aint complaining.

Last edited:

simplynewt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Titus, Alabama
Hello V5'ers. I have an issue with my V5 and need some advice. Just got done celebrating my 50th Bday and had a 3 day party. During that time I left my V5 outside by mistake and it either got rained on or dew got to it and now it doesn't work right. I tried a battery the day of finding it and nothing. Let it dry for 2 days and got something but wont fire. It has now been drying another 2 days.

Any thoughts, suggestions on how yo resolve the issue?

Simply Newt

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA

GeorgeF

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
Taunton, MA, USA
Then now you can buy two! :)
Nope only need one. Just ordered it this morning, Thanks for the link. :toast:

Taunton? Haven't heard that in awhile. When I was a kid we use to live in RI and summer on the Cape in Barnstable.
Yes I moved down here from Quincy. Nicer area IMO.

MSameer

Jun 4, 2012
Finland
So I have got the black anodized Vamo and have been using it for almost a week now. It works fine so far.

Quick thoughts:
- It's light weight.
- A bit taller than my lavatube.
- There is a small "shiny ring" which is probably an non anodized part but it doesn't look bad.
- It uses an OLED display
- I switched it manually to RMS.
- Uses a tapered topcap.
- My protank2 does not sit flush. I am afraid of screwing it more to not break the 510 connector
- The ohm checker is off by _1_ ohm. I'm not sure if I should complain or not. I don't have an ohm meter so it could be that the protank head is off and not the Vamo.
- Small battery play (18650 AW IMR) but it's not a big issue.

Overall -given the price- I'd call it a deal.
I can provide a picture if someone is interested :)

Davey59

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Monroe WA
So I have got the black anodized Vamo and have been using it for almost a week now. It works fine so far.

Quick thoughts:
- My protank2 does not sit flush. I am afraid of screwing it more to not break the 510 connector

:)

Do not try and make it flush, screw only until contact is made, then bring the ring up snug to the atty. This will lock it from turning and support the atty. This is by design.

People who arte unaware of this are probably the ones that F the thread up or break them when dropped.

Does your Vam have the spring loaded pin? if not, be extra careful with it and wary of cheap clearos with long connections..

MSameer

Jun 4, 2012
Finland
Do not try and make it flush, screw only until contact is made, then bring the ring up snug to the atty. This will lock it from turning and support the atty. This is by design.

People who arte unaware of this are probably the ones that F the thread up or break them when dropped.

Does your Vam have the spring loaded pin? if not, be extra careful with it and wary of cheap clearos with long connections..

I don't try to flush mount in general. If the ring is done that way to support attys and make them flush then it's a poor design IMHO. It doesn't work with the protank, aero tank and probably others. You can unscrew and remove the top ring easily while the tank is still in place,

Olinb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2011
Nashville, usa
I have two Vamos I got from Eric at Discount Vapors back in 2013. I bought a chrome model in Jan, 2013 and then I got a SS model in late March, 2013. Once I got the SS one I put the chrome one up for whenever my SS model ceased to function. Well, that has not yet happened much to my surprise. I use it every day with two small Poly Propylene tanks / Boge Standard Resistance Cartos. I carry it attached to a modified ego lanyard to keep the occasional pesky dropped device from happening. I have to clean it once in a while, and I have clear shipping tape used to tape over the plastic covering of the lcd as it falls out easily for some reason. The tape begins to turn brown after a while but I just ignore it. I swap between two sets of two 18350 batteries and one 18650 that just up and died about a week ago. So my Chrome unit is still in the case in reserve while my SS Vamo still vapes like a champ after 19 months of daily usage. For the price I paid that is just amazing.

A VERY satisfied Vamo user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread