Vamo V7 update/review! The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
Hey everyone! Sup fellow vapors!

Okay so almost no one will know this but I made a post a little over a year ago about my upcoming purchase of a Vamo V7 and how I was worried about its reliability. I got it in the mail, it was the black chromed version. Looked beautiful. After a few weeks I'd say, the coating did begin to rub off exposing the SS or should I say silver coat; below that I got a hint of yellowish, what I would guess is copper.

I went on Amazon (I think it was maybe Ebay) and I found a high-quality skin.. I do think it was advertised as being for like the V3 or V5 but that was over a year ago.. so I don't really remember. It was somewhere between $5-8 plus maybe S&H. It, again, was pretty thick, textured, somewhat glossy, but on the plus side, very high-quality and didn't fade. I still have it on there. I did, however, need to apply some crazy glue to the over-lap edge because of how thick it was and how weak I gauged the stock glue to be, I just knew it would peel after a while, y'know from gunk, sweat or especially e-juice. It worked like a charm. It is a very nice snake skin like texture and decal. I'll upload a pic if I can find one or just retake it and upload it.

On to the Vamo V7 update:

After being exposed to vaping for over a year, I've gathered some intel and xp on the subject. I understand that buying a Vamo or many cheap-y devices that are cloned or manufactured by a questionable off-shore source, it really is a gamble. Some people get lucky with awesomely crafted and assembled devices, while others draw the short straw and just get something that is falling apart right out of the box.. I got lucky! (not to rub it in to those that didn't).

My Vamo V7 has been vaping long and strong since I got it. The threads held up famously... famously! Some unlucky folks get Vamos that were made with really cheap materials and it lead to easy stripping of the threads and pins popping out, buttons failing and so on. Basically anything that could go wrong with a device people got one or a combination of those problems. My heart goes out to those folks, especially the ones who are gambling with their last dollars like I was.

Anyway, that's about all I could say or update on, so the short list. I took great care when attaching tanks, screwing them on/off etc. My threads are still doing great after over a year and only having ever dropped it once from about 4ft off a table onto a hard, solid floor. Still works NP's. The button works just fine but like with game controllers or something, the button has been rubbed down to its brass color and still presses just fine, but is a little soft/weaker. Again tho, still clicks just fine, just not as hard of a click as a brand new one. The up/down buttons are like-new as I don't use them half as often as I use the fire button (duh :p)

The Pro's: If you take great care of it, clean it often, dont abuse the buttons or toss it around, it'll last. Im coming up on a year and a half. (Also maybe invest on a SS that wont rub out or a good, textured skin HQ, dont skimp - it defeats the purpose) It's the bomb for regular clearo's/atty's I build like 1.2-1.6ohm single coil (obviously) builds and I usually hit it with about 5-9watts using a 30amp 18650 2500mah efest (upgrading to LG's 3000mah for my VTC-mini) and it lasts all day chain-vaping on new batteries, they've since declined but queue in the comments about cheap/2nd rate batteries.. however, it has been over a year with them vaping all day almost every day.

Side note: I might still be using it (and still am) but I got into RDA's (even though I swore I never would) and I'm in need of a better mod. Im going for a VTC-mini 75Watt (should be way more than I need)

The Cons: It's long in 18650 mode (dont have the shorter batteries. Wanted longer life so thats on me I guess). Semi-large, long cigar big. You can see pix and video reviews anywhere :p It's round, so it rolling off something is always a concern but just be very conscious of it. Standing it up is a no-go as it tipping over could damage the device and might break any glass tanks. The up button has a continuous fire/charging mode that if held for 3-5 seconds it'll fire your device until the battery is dead. WATCH OUT for that. I've had it in my pocket and put pressure on it only to wonder what was burning a hole in my ... cheek a minute later. Burned wicks to bits and perhaps permanently damaged my battery as I noticed one does die a little faster now :( Also the only way to stop it once it starts (that I know of) is to unscrew the bottom and rip the battery out before it blows you to chunks like a pipe bomb.

Bottom Line: Over-all though, for $21 bucks I can honestly say I do not at all regret the purchase as its still going strong. Perfect for Carto's/Attys and can handle RDA decently, but if your going to get serious about RDA.. either go Mech (I don't think I'll ever do that) or preferably get a good box mod with like 50watts or more but dont get the huge 200watt I-look-like-a-vaping-psycho box mods. That's just IMO. Also try to get it from a reliable source like FastTech or the originals if your thinking of going the Vamo route. Of course, what you end up going for is obviously totally up to you :) and go SS if you don't want to deal with fading issues.

So that's it folks. For a mostly reliable, budget V.V/V.W P.V it's a solid bet, imo. Thanks for reading, I hope you found this review helpful. And remember, always vape safe, and never skimp out on batteries.

Don't forget to like this post if you liked it. Leave comments below and let me know what you think of the Vamo series; If I missed anything or what your experience has been with the V7 (preferably) or any of the Vamo series, knock-off or original.

img_20151205_040610.jpg img_20151205_040628.jpg img_20151205_040655.jpg img_20151205_040733.jpg img_20151205_040805.jpg

Attachments

• img_20151205_040831.jpg
    img_20151205_040831.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 188
  • img_20151205_040910.jpg
    img_20151205_040910.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 184
  • img_20151205_040927.jpg
    img_20151205_040927.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 181
  • img_20151205_040934.jpg
    img_20151205_040934.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 182
  • img_20151205_040950.jpg
    img_20151205_040950.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 177

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Thank you for the review. I'm working my way backward from my first mod, an eGrip V1. Been through an istick 20. Have a Cloupor Mini+ w/TC. A Koopor Mini 200w TC on the way only because I won it.
Also won an E-Huge mod which is basically a 26650 Vamo. Really like it except for the size which has sent to looking for a real Vamo. Along the way I found a couple Sigelei ZMax V3 VV/VW for 9.99 shipped. Old school seems to be my preferred kinda vape. So I'm still hoping to find a good priced Vamo or 2 on the clearance pages.

Reactions: TheGunmin

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
Thank you for the review. I'm working my way backward from my first mod, an eGrip V1. Been through an istick 20. Have a Cloupor Mini+ w/TC. A Koopor Mini 200w TC on the way only because I won it.
Also won an E-Huge mod which is basically a 26650 Vamo. Really like it except for the size which has sent to looking for a real Vamo. Along the way I found a couple Sigelei ZMax V3 VV/VW for 9.99 shipped. Old school seems to be my preferred kinda vape. So I'm still hoping to find a good priced Vamo or 2 on the clearance pages.

You're welcome! :D

Very nice collection.

My cheap-... used to be very biased on all kinds of mods except for what I could afford/exactly what worked for me. (Maybe everyone is a little like that) I gone and become a 'dripper' :| Flavor and vape can't be beat except for certain cases. So I feel like we're probably on the same boat about this. I have a evic-VTC mini and a Mutation x4 RDA which is my upgrade from the V7 and GS-H5 clearos. But Im starting to see now, after so long, that really, the magic of all these devices and vaping is that there is something for everyone and, crazy enough, mods for every occasion.

I've started going back to my V7 and H5's for their ability to produce great flavor, hold huge amounts of e-jiuce and last forever vaping at such low wattage's. The other side (and Im sure there's a middle ground somewhere out there) is that with dripping you great super huge satisfying vapes and very very decent flavor. But your battery dies pretty quick and theres more stuff to worry about, like over-dripping, battery safety etc.

In the end though, I love it all. It's been quite the adventure building on both tiny GS-H5 (supposed to be replaceable) heads and Kanger T3s. Up to my Nimbus clone, Fogger v4 (nightmare, stay away from that one) and finally my awesome Mutation x4.

Lemme know what you end up with :)

http://www.ecigalternative.com/quit-counter/quit-smoking-banner.php

Reactions: Marst

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
LOL! Yeah.... One cheap... To another, I'm pretty much set as far as Mods with my two Zs and A 7.95 Evod VV from MFS. Everything else has been packed away. Still would like a Vamo tho. Maybe it shinyitis cheap... style?:D

Still searching for my tank. Have a mini dripper that I like but my fav is my Evod tank. I've opened up the air holes on the base and positive pin. Really it's a great little tootle lung hitter, never piddles in my mod, just the capacity is a drawback.
I want to stay with the same base and atty since it works well for me. Tried the T3XL with 5ml capacity. Apparently the 5ml is just too much for the vacuum to hold back cuz they piddle on the 510 connector. Have 3 more Evod tanks on the way from slowwwtech for now. Will probably order a 5 pack of MT3S soon. Had them recommended by another member.
As well as being cheap I have an undeniable aversion to following the masses. I like carrying gear that makes people laugh until they see that it actually does perform. Have found plans for turning an old Kanger Atty into a real cloud chucker just need to get ahold of some used up 510T cartos for parts.

I've got an ss v4 and two ss v7's. Ever since i started using box mods the Vamo's are now backups. In fact i haven't even used one of them but both are still in their boxes and have been for about 8 months !.

Ditto. I have a very old V2 and a V6, but since the VTC Mini came into my life, they get no more attention. They're in my Vapeocalypse box, though, as both are serviceable.

Reactions: TheGunmin

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
It's funny how different we human beings can be.
I started in June '15 with an eGrip V1 (boxy) and an ego 650 w/aspire bvc. Have since acquired Cloupor Mini+, an istick 20w, and a Koopor Mini 200w w/TC on the way, which I don't plan to even unbox.
All my boxes have been packed away in favor of my ego, Evod and Sigelei ZMax Mods.
We are all so fortunate to have such a variety of devices to choose from! If someone can't find their 'happy place' in vaping they probably just aren't capable of being happy.

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
LOL! Yeah.... One cheap... To another, I'm pretty much set as far as Mods with my two Zs and A 7.95 Evod VV from MFS. Everything else has been packed away. Still would like a Vamo tho. Maybe it shinyitis cheap... style?:D

Still searching for my tank. Have a mini dripper that I like but my fav is my Evod tank. I've opened up the air holes on the base and positive pin. Really it's a great little tootle lung hitter, never piddles in my mod, just the capacity is a drawback.
I want to stay with the same base and atty since it works well for me. Tried the T3XL with 5ml capacity. Apparently the 5ml is just too much for the vacuum to hold back cuz they piddle on the 510 connector. Have 3 more Evod tanks on the way from slowwwtech for now. Will probably order a 5 pack of MT3S soon. Had them recommended by another member.
As well as being cheap I have an undeniable aversion to following the masses. I like carrying gear that makes people laugh until they see that it actually does perform. Have found plans for turning an old Kanger Atty into a real cloud chucker just need to get ahold of some used up 510T cartos for parts.

Nice. I'd like to be able to drill the intake pin on my GS-H5's but I lack the proper equipment. It has 4 air-holes but it limited by the actual intake of the pin.. So I made the air holes bigger and only saw like maybe a 2% gain in airflow draw.. :| I worked around this by building a micro coil went from like 1.2-1.4 (idr) to 1.0mm and it increased draw. My high VG % (80-90) keeps it from leaking any.. so it was a nice airflow increase over-all but with a smaller tighter coil, that obviously means slightly less vapor production.. anyway.. Im sorta used to the super big and easy draw of drippers now, so I almost always choose slightly more airflow over most things. Its working alright. Its mostly for going outside, not having to worry about over dripping in a driper, dripping in e-juice or leaking :p

I tend to think of my GS-H5 like a 9mm pistol with a drum mag and my Mutation x4 like a double barrel shotgun. One packs a small punch, that is a set-and-forget, with little flavor hits that keep on coming, holding plenty of juice. And my dripper.. although it requires constant reloads, it packs a hell of a punch, along with a bit more worry and maintenance.

I really like Fasttech and they usually have great prices and most of what your looking for in stock.. but the wait times.. I've switched to paying just a few small dollars more and ordering on ebay from the US. $1-4 extra bucks really shaves off a few weeks.. I wait maybe 1-1.5 weeks for an ebay order and about twice that from Fasttech or more.. Ebay for things I really want and fasttech for things I can totally stand to wait for like experimental drip tips.

Reactions: Foggy Road

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
I've got an ss v4 and two ss v7's. Ever since i started using box mods the Vamo's are now backups. In fact i haven't even used one of them but both are still in their boxes and have been for about 8 months !.

Similar. I got 2 black V7s. One thats seen heavy use until I got into dripping and needed way more power for my drippers. One that lies untouched for emergencies. They are wonderful as replacements. You can vape something should your main device fail.. but not using drippers. They wont fire below 1ohm and even if they did, the 40W on mine is like 20 actual.. not enough for any dripper.. maybe mine sux or Im getting something wrong.. I think I remember using my nimbus single coil, but it simply wasnt enough power/heat to make it any better than using a clearo.. so I consider the Vamos like the ultimate in using regular tanks and clearos.. again, just saying this is making me think I've been doing something wrong with my drippers on the V7.. idk.. It performed okay with my fogger v4, dual coil but the tank itself is a nightmare..

IDK, now I just sound like an idiot.. I think I simply came to the conclusion that I wanted to vape below .9ohms on dual coils and dump way more than "40" watts into it. Oddly enough, on my .3-.5ohm dual-coils, I dont often go above 40 Watts on the VTC-mini.. I think thats what the problem of my Vamo was. Just not being able to let be build that low and not pumping out enough power.

Should I lose my VTC-mini or should the worst happen to it, I have my trusty vamos and the clearos/attys but for now, its VTC-heaven for me, all the time 24/7.

Anyway, its never a bad thing to have a bunch of spares. You might even be able to sell them to a friend whos interested in getting into vaping :p I nearly sold my unused one twice. I think the cost of the batteries and charger was a turn off.. its an APV.. not for starters. Requires some investment. Plus ejuice :p

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
Ditto. I have a very old V2 and a V6, but since the VTC Mini came into my life, they get no more attention. They're in my Vapeocalypse box, though, as both are serviceable.

I hear that. VTC-mini is amazing. Small, powerful and just good looking all around :)

I chuck some pretty damn decent clouds off a Mutation x4, air flow open all the way at about my max tolerence of about 50watts maybe 55..

I'm sure one day someone will explain to me why other folks need huge 200watt box mods! Thats insane.. below .4ohms you'll melt your freaking insides anywhere beyond 80watts! I tried .4ohms at 75 a couple of times, maybe a handful.. and boy was I sorry..

Reactions: MorpheusPA

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
It's funny how different we human beings can be.
I started in June '15 with an eGrip V1 (boxy) and an ego 650 w/aspire bvc. Have since acquired Cloupor Mini+, an istick 20w, and a Koopor Mini 200w w/TC on the way, which I don't plan to even unbox.
All my boxes have been packed away in favor of my ego, Evod and Sigelei ZMax Mods.
We are all so fortunate to have such a variety of devices to choose from! If someone can't find their 'happy place' in vaping they probably just aren't capable of being happy.

lmfao. Very true. Or they aren't looking hard enough. I hated the extremely huge C4-detonator looking 200watt box modes and thought cig/cigar style VV like the Vamo or Vision Spinner 2 would always be the way to go.. then a few months ago I came across the VTC-mini and it wasnt huge but it packed a ton of power and it was made very clear that it would have no problem vaping down to idr like .2ohms? I was sold, plus all the bells and whistles.

I have a wall charger, but I've been plugging my VTC-mini into my PC or cell phone charger and just reusing only one of my LG H2's instead of taking it out charging and switching.. plus I always have a charged spare if I have a crazy vape-marathon day and STILL need to keep on vaping afterwards.. which is.. excessive to say the least on my end here. Plus my DIY (although vastly cheaper) budget wouldn't allow for me to blow through that much juice on a regular basis :p Even then, I dont think I could handle that much vape in a single day and Im on 0.7mg nic strength. More like 0.5mg (cuz of all the dripper vaping)

Reactions: Foggy Road

TheGunmin

Oct 20, 2014
NYc
Since this is the VV forum... how is the VV? Is it like RMS mode vamo V5? Or more junky average.

I never owned a V5 or used RMS mode, but I did google it. The VV on the V7 seems pretty damn straight forward. and is on what Im guessing is mean mode. I dont think there is an option to switch. You're either on VV or VW mode. I like the smaller incremental steps using the VW mode.

Hope that helps or answers your question.

Reactions: 0blong
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread