Vamo vs the Innokin SVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
so I got both, first thing I noticed is that the SVD is built like a tank- the vamo is more built like a VW Bug. after 3 weeks of use my vamo started turning on and off and showing odd readings in the display field.

however my SVD continues to work like a horse

smoktek was more than happy to return my vamo when they found out that the top fell off and the batteries began to smoke and catch fire.

so far to date having had the Vamo, MVP, and SVD my determination is that Innokin is supplying a much better and well made product.

I also can not say enough of the iClear 16 and 30- the atomizer heads if cleaned properly last me weeks- I used to toss out CE4's left and right every 2-3 days.

I guess I will be sticking to Innokin products
:p

Steven Pye

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2012
Herkimer NY
This was actually the video that pushed me over the edge to get svd over vamo as I had finalized it down to those two out of all the others based on bang for the buck and quality. I ordered svd last Thurs and eagerly awaiting arrival...

have owned both I will let you know you made the right choice and should love your SVD, Innokin in my book is making some of the highest quality stuff on the market.

Cuando

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2009
Living in a box of CelluCotton
Don't let my gf see this thread, I gave her my Vamo partly to justify buying an SVD. I use a mech out and about, but prefer a VV/VW device at home. While my Vamo has worked flawlessly, despite a somewhat off center 501/eGo connector, I prefer the crazy size and look of the SVD. Like you said, Steven, Innokin seems to be making some pretty strong products, definitely a company I'll be keeping an eye on.

Ddippel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Fayetteville/Fort Bragg NC, USA
@rob4029

Having the Vamo V2 and the SVD I have the same problem, the batteries do not last but half as long in the SVD. Having said that, I regretfully say that the Vamo has been sitting around collecting dust since I got the SVD, it really is no comparison in use and durability, the SVD takes the cake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread