Vamped 40 Amp 18650 - 2000 mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSTR VPNG

Host, Ohm Reader Podcast
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2013
Sacramento, California
So, these are apparently pretty hot and there was a lot of buzz about these at Vape Summit -
However, I'm pretty skeptical of new batteries hitting the market.

Does anyone have any experience with these batteries?

The owner of the shop I frequent was talking about picking them up, but he couldn't find much information regarding the safety or reliability of these batteries.

I'm ready to phase out my VTC4s for something a bit punchier now that I exclusively rock Royal Wire.

schuff

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2013
Dickson, TN
I'm extremely skeptical on that one. A high amp rating from a company that isn't a major manufacturer, sounds like a rewrap job to me. That coupled with the false amp ratings that unfortunately get thrown around a lot such as the "35 amp" efest and I think we're looking at a battery that my at most have a peak of 40 amps.

I'll ask my buddy to get one in if we can find a vendor for 5 or so and have him chart them out. He works at a battery shop with high end equipment to test mah, drain at multiple amps etc.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A 40 amp battery? Do we REALLY need a 40 amp battery? How low resistance are you guys going? 0.1 ohms? Ridiculous.

surprise-face.jpg

dr g

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2012
Paradise
A 40 amp battery? Do we REALLY need a 40 amp battery? How low resistance are you guys going? 0.1 ohms? Ridiculous.

It's not necessarily about pushing the battery to 40 amps. A higher current ceiling can mean more stable voltages under even moderate loads. That means stronger output on mechs and longer life on regulated mods.

It's the reason why the Sony VTC5 performs as well as, and could possibly outperform, the Panasonic PF at under 10A.

Philip Eddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The Shop I deal with is also a distributor, and they are getting cases of the 40A batteries, I have heard and don't quote me on this, but these are may be made by LG, don't know, won't know till I pick mine up. I to am skeptical, but I am getting a bakers dozen so I will sacrifice one to see if there's any thing under the wrap. I don't go below .5 on any of my builds so the reason I'm getting these is because they are new and I'm getting them for a lot less than the Sony or e fest

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer

View attachment 347749
I'm curious to the minimum discharge rating is. I think future boost chips could utilize the hybrid batteries that are coming out lately that we're drifting towards..

I see a 50 watt mod in your future... maybe even higher..
5adanypy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread